Sprint LTE June 2012 Schedule Maps

If Sprint's NV Schedule holds for June, the map below shows 883 LTE sites that should come live in June 2012. NOTE: This map does not contain sites already confirmed live. Only new added sites in June.

This map does not include 3G only sites that will go live in the same period. It includes more sites in the Austin market (around the city) and the first city in Miami/West Palm market.

Sites did appear for LA, Boston, Baltimore, DC and NYC in the schedule. But since none materialized in these markets last month when listed in the schedule, I have decided not to show those markets in June until some 4G signals start appearing or Sprint starts reporting 4G activity in those markets. I did decide to list Chicago, because some intermittent 4G LTE sightings have occurred in the Hammond/Merrillville area. So Sprint may start with LTE going on-air this month in Chicago.

S4GRU Sponsors can view interactive versions of these maps by following this link. Also, Sponsors can follow along as we show progress throughout the month in our NV Complete Sites thread.

gallery_1_1_57191.jpg

Atlanta/Athens

gallery_1_1_3998.jpg

Houston

gallery_1_1_74397.jpg

San Antonio

gallery_1_1_75743.jpg

Austin

gallery_1_1_35204.jpg

DFW

gallery_1_1_36410.jpg

Central Jersey

gallery_1_1_38251.jpg

Chicago

gallery_1_1_26251.jpg

• Like 12

Why is there only one dot in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale/West Palm Beach area? Also why no "little" detailed map for that area? I'm excited though but according to the network.sprint.com they have been doing tons of work on the 3G network! On the 5 towers around my house it says in the next six months that 12 upgrades will be made on top of 5 already made! And that is just the few towers next to my house! Whoot! I just want better signal penetration! I live about a quarter mile from each of the sites so would that mean better signal as I know they angle the antennas?

5th

Why is there only one dot in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale/West Palm Beach area? Also why no "little" detailed map for that area? I'm excited though but according to the network.sprint.com they have been doing tons of work on the 3G network! On the 5 towers around my house it says in the next six months that 12 upgrades will be made on top of 5 already made! And that is just the few towers next to my house! Whoot! I just want better signal penetration! I live about a quarter mile from each of the sites so would that mean better signal as I know they angle the antennas?

5th

Those updates on network.sprint.com are not Network Vision upgrades, but "band aid" fixes of additional or new backhaul, voice, and data carriers. You might notice an uptick once those are completed, but there are much better things to come. If you donate and become a sponsor, there are detailed, zoomable google based maps for every market down to the street level.

5th

There is only one dot, because according to the NV schedule only one site is scheduled to go live with LTE in the market in June. It is scheduled at the very end of the month. Next month there is more.

I didn't want to make a map for one site. And as pointed out above, Sponsors have access to many interactive maps, including being able to zoom in and pan around these sites in the June schedule. But more importantly, there is an NV Sites Complete map in the Sponsors section.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

why no 3g only map for june

Because no one has ever requested it, but you. Also, I'm afraid it will lead to confusion. Also, making those maps is a lot of work. It takes me about 3 hours or so to prepare the next month for this thread.

However, just to make a 3G June Map for Boston only wouldn't be too difficult. I will try to do that for you this week.

• Like 1

that would be awesome and have you seen anything on 1x 800mhz in the Boston market they need it badly.

No. There are only five sites in Chicago that Sprint has accepted from the OEM that have CDMA 800 operational. There are reports of an 800 connection here or there. But in those cases it is the NV OEM testing in places where Sprint has not taken over the site yet.

Because no one has ever requested it, but you. Also, I'm afraid it will lead to confusion. Also, making those maps is a lot of work. It takes me about 3 hours or so to prepare the next month for this thread.

However, just to make a 3G June Map for Boston only wouldn't be too difficult. I will try to do that for you this week.

I know it is work, but 3G maps would be very informational.

That bolded line alone should make folks want to become sponsors. Not so that he will do the same just for you, but because you want to contribute to support someone who gives of his time and effort for us.

I know it is work, but 3G maps would be very informational.

And this is what I figured would happen next.

• Like 4

So Robert do you know which market will be complete first and when will they start second rounders.

Complete or launch? The difference is huge. Atlanta and San Antonio are being prepared for launch before the end of June according to my sourced info. However, I am not holding my breath.

The first market to get 100% complete is likely San Antonio at the very end of summer, or early Fall.

Some 2nd Round markets are starting to mobilize now. Especially in Florida. See that one 4G LTE site that is supposed to be live before the end of the month? Although Jacksonville and Orlando is very quickly starting too.

That's the point of this new market schedule series. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

That bolded line alone should make folks want to become sponsors. Not so that he will do the same just for you, but because you want to contribute to support someone who gives of his time and effort for us.

And this is what I figured would happen next.

That is why I'm a sponsor and will continue to be one. The information here is well worth donations.

Complete or launch? The difference is huge. Atlanta and San Antonio are being prepared for launch before the end of June according to my sourced info. However, I am not holding my breath.

The first market to get 100% complete is likely San Antonio at the very end of summer, or early Fall.

Some 2nd Round markets are starting to mobilize now. Especially in Florida. See that one 4G LTE site that is supposed to be live before the end of the month? Although Jacksonville and Orlando is very quickly starting too.

mmmmmmmmm cant wait for it to be live here in san antonio, the 3g network over most of the city is just pathetic. i have noticed the past couple weeks ive seen quite a few erricson trucks running around all over the city.

• Like 1

ooo that's cool! Have you heard any more about St. Louis (I guess it's more of a Missouri market) and where it stands? The last I remember reading was that it was one of the "possible to move up into round 2" markets.

ooo that's cool! Have you heard any more about St. Louis (I guess it's more of a Missouri market) and where it stands? The last I remember reading was that it was one of the "possible to move up into round 2" markets.

And there has been no further movement since that update. :(

Robert

Any info on LTE for Corpus Christi' date=' Tx? Thanks everyone[/quote']

Corpus Christi is in the Sprint South Texas market. It will not begin deployment until 2013.

Robert

I'm guessing the Seattle area hasn't even started right?

It burns when I Tapatalk...

Work in Seattle has not begun. We will have a schedule update on this market in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1