Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Looks like Sprint received clearance to finally deploy LTE 800 in Bakersfield and other areas nearby (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Kern Counties).

https://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2018/db0309/DA-18-233A1.pdf

https://www.rrmediagroup.com/News/NewsDetails/newsID/16625

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
3 hours ago, Mikeclar said:

Definitely still kinda spotty, I think some more towers would definitely help. In spots it's amazingly fast but.... Main problems are in large buildings like a Target or Grocery store. 

I think theres something new in far east Clovis, because I did a few 60mb speed tests.

But on Blackstone, I was just hitting 1mb

Yep, parts of Blackstone are great (such as the Riverpark area) but south of Herndon is like most of Fresno in that it's great in spots to slow to almost useless. I have friends and co-workers on all carriers and I will say it's more of a Fresno Problem than a carrier problem as they all have hit or miss coverage. LOL! In spots I'll have great ceverage and a co- worker may have virtually nothing on ATT or Verizon or T- Mobile. Or Vice Versa. We do a lot of work at schools and churches all over town. 

Iirc aren't like most of Fresno towers 15-20' wooden poles with all ground mounted radios? 

I'd think that would be the bigger issue plus any restrictions on much needed small cell infill coverage deployments. 

On 1/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, lilotimz said:

Iirc aren't like most of Fresno towers 15-20' wooden poles with all ground mounted radios? 

I'd think that would be the bigger issue plus any restrictions on much needed small cell infill coverage deployments. 

Yes, short poles are one issue. Possibly a limitation placed by the city.

However, Fresno has also grown very rapidly in the last decade, and the Sprint tower network has not budged since the push-to-talk days.

57 minutes ago, jamesinclair said:

Yes, short poles are one issue. Possibly a limitation placed by the city.

However, Fresno has also grown very rapidly in the last decade, and the Sprint tower network has not budged since the push-to-talk days.

I agree with you. Need more density!