Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

HELP HELP SPRINT HAS TOLD ME A WOOPER OF A TAIL YESTERDAY PLEASE ANYONE CLEARIFY THIS!!! I was told Spark will be running on "Band 45"?????? where in the world did this band come from & are there some sort of quad band phones I never heard about yet? or is Sprint just blowing smoke again?????

Band 45 is a non existent and. Sprint is band 25/26/41.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Band 45 is a non existent and. Sprint is band 25/26/41.

Sent from my Nexus 5

yes I know that & you know that I want to know what kind of BS he was tiring to pull & he was very adamant that there was a Band 45 Spark LTE Just did not say where in Bakersfield they are I kept asking are you sure & he said yes 

Edited by Nextel49

yes I know that & you know that I want to know what kind of BS he was tiring to pull & he was very adamant that there was a Band 45 Spark LTE Just did not say where in Bakersfield they are I kept asking are you sure & he said yes

He obviously was confusing Band 41 and called it Band 45. People make mistakes. That doesn't mean he was trying to pull one over on you. Holy moly.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Sorry if this has been asked before but is the signal strength a tower transmits constant?  I get that internet speeds will fluctuation when there is less or more traffic but what i never understood is the fluctuation of signal strength one receives on their phones.  is there a correlation with the two?

Edited by augmont
  • Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before but is the signal strength a tower transmits constant?  I get that internet speeds will fluctuation when there is less or more traffic but what i never understood is the fluctuation of signal strength one receives on their phones.  is there a correlation with the two?

There is a related conversation happening here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7025-lte-speeds-signal-snr/

Not sure what i can gleam from that thread other than SNR fluctuation cause interference with tower signal.

Just thought more people would see your question in that thread.

Band 25, 26, and 41 in Kerman and even though I live in town, it's rare to get any LTE signal. And when you do get band 26 it only lasts a few seconds and then drops back to 3G if you go indoors. Pretty disappointed, looks like I'll be stuck in a dead zone.

Has it improved any since you posted this? 

I was wondering if it hasn't been optimized or something. Oddly Sprint's maps haven't been updated to show LTE (they were pretty good at including new LTE areas quickly before). I was in Kerman yesterday and was surprised I couldn't get LTE inside the Valley Food shopping center (across McDonalds). I was expecting better from 800MHz LTE. Hopefully it's an optimization quirk can be easily tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

Does any one know when corcoran tower will be upgraded to lte I have had the slowest 3g ever I had a 0.03mb download speed once that was the slowest its ever been

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty Quite on here I post something about New hardware & 1X800 where they has been non before & this page has gone silent is everyone out to lunch or on a long Vacation? 

I keep getting 1x800 but it stays around for like a day and then goes away for a few days and then it's back. Anyone have ideas why? 

• Like 1

I keep getting 1x800 but it stays around for like a day and then goes away for a few days and then it's back. Anyone have ideas why? 

nope wish 1X800 & B26 would get all over Kern Co yet with Santa Barbara making it hard for So Cal to get the upgrades we want & need hard to say

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on full spark capability in Fresno?

I'm only aware of one site with B41 gear in Fresno, and that one is a roof top setup. The others are going to be hard because they weren't able to keep the old rackspace from the old, pre-NV gear, so now they have to re-engineer everything all over again. I'd give it another 6 months at least.

Ive seen B41 around 3 places in fresno (downtown, near shaw and blackstone, and river park) also its on in kerman. But they only seems to be testing it or something because it will come on and be on for a few and than it goes away.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone notice recently in fresno that Download speeds are pretty bad? im not sure if its because Im trying out a new phone (went from Galaxy S5 to HTC M9) or its just the service. Speed test are really weak and uploads are faster than downloads at times which never happened before.