9erHater

I was going to order, but I came to the realization it would probably be delivered while I was on vacation. And I have all my drivers trained to leave things on my step. Don't want to leave a gadget on my step for a week.

So I'm going to sit out the pre order on this one. Maybe it will give time for the specs of the new KF to come out before I buy.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

10 inch KF?

Maybe. But I only want 7 inches. 10 inchers are too large. Let the jokes begin...

• Like 3

Maybe. But I only want 7 inches. 10 inchers are too large. Let the jokes begin...

Don't worry, you can get some pills online that will add a 3 inches in only 4 weeks if you conclude your 7in device is inadequate.

Sorry, couldn't resist.. its Friday

• Like 1

Will Google Play be the only place to get the Nexus 7... or will it be in stores around the mid-July ship date? Trying to determine if I can avoid paying $15 in shipping.

Engadget says Gamestop will have them.

• Like 1

That's what she said!

But on a serious note, I personally think that 8.9 inches is the perfection tablet size. It just seems to fit perfectly in my hands.

• Like 1

That's what she said!

But on a serious note, I personally think that 8.9 inches is the perfection tablet size. It just seems to fit perfectly in my hands.

I don't think I can take that seriously.

I like the 7 inch tablet. It is portable, yet big enough to do anything you would want to do with mobile software and media. If I was to buy a larger tablet, it would have to be capable of things so I wouldn't have to keep reverting back to the laptop. That's why I am looking forward to seeing what Microsoft offers with the Surface. Even if it could act as a remote desktop for a Windows 8 computer, I would be purchasing it.

...its Friday

You just had to go and say those two words: "it's Friday." Look at what you did. Yep, here it comes...

Oh, the horror...

AJ

You just had to go and say those two words: "it's Friday." Look at what you did. Yep, here it comes...

Oh, the horror...

AJ

LOL!

I was going to click the "like this" button, but I cannot associate my name with that video.

LOL!

I was going to click the "like this" button, but I cannot associate my name with that video.

Its okay Ben, we won't judge you...that much~

• Like 1

I found this deal http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/76532/jr.com-7-16gb-asus-nexus-7-android-4.1-tablet-w-tegra-3-quad-core-cpu-preorder

It ended up about the same price for a 16gb nexus 7 as the 8gb version from Google Play. Shipping and tax were free and a $15 discount. Who knows if the order will stick though. I am keeping my Google Play preorder until I have confirmation that I will get it from this other seller.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I found this deal http://slickdeals.ne...re-cpu-preorder

It ended up about the same price for a 16gb nexus 7 as the 8gb version from Google Play. Shipping and tax were free and a $15 discount. Who knows if the order will stick though. I am keeping my Google Play preorder until I have confirmation that I will get it from this other seller.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Scott, My parents really want a tablet. I recommended the Nexus7. They are in their 60's, so my only concern is they may need something with a larger screen, and I think they would like that, to be honest. But, the Nexus7 is by far the best value (IMO). Do you think the rumors of a Nexus tablet with a larger screen (10inch) are true, or should I just suggest they jump on the Nex7 now?

I would think someone in their 60's would need something lightweight to hold. Since the Nexus 7 is noted as being ultra lightweight, then I presume a Nexus 10 would be one of the lightest, if not THE lightest 10 inch tablet on the market.

I find the Kindle Fire I am using to be a little heavy for a 7 incher. I'm looking forward to the Nexus 7.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Scott' date=' My parents really want a tablet. I recommended the Nexus7. They are in their 60's, so my only concern is they may need something with a larger screen, and I think they would like that, to be honest. But, the Nexus7 is by far the best value (IMO). Do you think the rumors of a Nexus tablet with a larger screen (10inch) are true, or should I just suggest they jump on the Nex7 now?[/quote']

I would sure think that Google is looking to enter the 10 inch market as well. Remember the rumors of 5 nexus devices this year? Well, we have already seen 2. I would guess we will see a 10 inch tab, phone, and another wild card device by year's end.

From the rumors I have seen, if Google makes a 10 inch tablet, it will have more features and the price might be approaching $400.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I would sure think that Google is looking to enter the 10 inch market as well. Remember the rumors of 5 nexus devices this year? Well, we have already seen 2. I would guess we will see a 10 inch tab, phone, and another wild card device by year's end.

From the rumors I have seen, if Google makes a 10 inch tablet, it will have more features and the price might be approaching $400.

Nexus 7

Nexus Q

Nexus 10

Nexus Phone

Nexus Note (Pholet/Tabone [please, please, please, drool])

• Like 1

Anyone heard any rumors as to when these puppies will start shipping to us folks that pre-ordered them? I know they say the "middle of July", but technically, any day from 7/2 to 7/30 could be considered the "middle of July". ;)

Nexus 7

Nexus Q

Nexus 10

Nexus Phone

Nexus Note (Pholet/Tabone [please' date= please, please, drool])

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that

• Like 1

...Pholet...

Is it Vietnamese?

...Tabone...please, please, please, drool...

That's what she said.

AJ

• Like 1

Anyone heard any rumors as to when these puppies will start shipping to us folks that pre-ordered them? I know they say the "middle of July", but technically, any day from 7/2 to 7/30 could be considered the "middle of July". ;)

This might be SOME indication

Staples Nexus 7 listing indicates July 12th-17th ship date

• Like 1

Thanks! Found another link with rumors. I googled it yesterday and didn't find anything. Today, there's a slew of rumors.

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-shipping-date-99867/