Atlanta, GA LTE (Live)

danielholt

Can't click on edit for some reason :/

Maybe this is what they was referrin to for June relating to the S3? Although kind of confusing... one part makes it like they referring to June for pre-order for GSM version of it in US then another part talks like they referring to the international version....

http://www.mobilenap...n-available.htm

Edited by Darkzeru

I'm getting just below 1mbps up on 3G now so it's highly unlikely that wimax would be capped at 1 and 1.5.

Here in Hawaii on Wimax I average about 7-12 MB Down and max of 1.5 MB UP.

On 3G I get a Ave of about 1.5- 2.4 MB Down and 400KB-900KB UP

I never heard of anyone gettting Anywhere near 5MB UP on Wimax.

And as Muffinman said I think it was just last summer that Sprint upped the cap on Upload speed to 1.5MB

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-reportedly-boosting-4g-upload-speed-cap-15mbps

Edited by HawaiiD

Here in Hawaii on Wimax I average about 7-12 MB Down and max of 1.5 MB UP.

On 3G I get a Ave of about 1.5- 2.4 MB Down and 400KB-900KB UP

I never heard of anyone gettting Anywhere near 5MB UP on Wimax.

And as Muffinman said I think it was just last summer that Sprint upped the cap on Upload speed to 1.5MB

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-reportedly-boosting-4g-upload-speed-cap-15mbps

Fly ball into left field...

Why can't I edit my own posts???

Nothing here we don't already know but nice to see the ATL getting LTE.

Nice to be in the top 2.

Mav. :cool:

Different membership levels have different permissions. They are detailed here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/announcements/first-s4gru-premier-sponsor-r32

I found a live LTE signal in Braselton. This was at 211 and Thompson Mill. I ran a few speed test. I was surprised to find it this far north. LTE is going to cover much better than Wimax ever did.6c4c71b8-12a7-cfb8.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

Between the site that themuffinman mentioned as active in the other thread and this site, could Sprint finally have stopped blocking LTE? Or maybe it's just not as widespread as it seems.

I was in Jackson County when I did the speed test. I live south of this area, looking at the maps I thought that I would be on the fringe of LTE, I think that I will be in the middle of it now. This makes me very hopeful that Sprint is doing the right thing with LTE. When they are finished everyone with 3g should have LTE. I just cannot wait until they flip the switch.:rolleyes:

I found a live LTE signal in Braselton. This was at 211 and Thompson Mill. I ran a few speed test. I was surprised to find it this far north. LTE is going to cover much better than Wimax ever did.6c4c71b8-12a7-cfb8.jpg

Is planetearth back under an assumed name? That would certainly appear to be a wi-fi speed test.

The first screen shot covered I had the volume down cover it. The one I posted caught it saving. I am now posting the first speed test showing 4g is on. The speed is not as impressive.6c4c71b8-28cc-5f64.jpg

The first screen shot covered I had the volume down cover it. The one I posted caught it saving. I am now posting the first speed test showing 4g is on. The speed is not as impressive.6c4c71b8-28cc-5f64.jpg

Hmm, the reason I questioned the validity is because the download speed is above the theoretical max and the upload speed is low, like you would expect to see from a wifi connection.

Low? I will take that every day of the week...thank you very much! :)

Robert

• Like 1

You could go into the "results" tab and click on that test. It will give you a result like this. 4053d97b-2bb6-62cc.jpg

No problem, I was so excited that I finally got a 4g signal that I could not capture the screen shot correctly. Here is the results from that test showing LTE. 6c4c71b8-2b52-a27d.jpg

• Like 1

No problem, I was so excited that I finally got a 4g signal that I could not capture the screen shot correctly. Here is the results from that test showing LTE. 6c4c71b8-2b52-a27d.jpg

Wow, that's a really fast download speed. I wonder why the upload dropped off so much.