Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I ran over here https://maps.google....002411&t=h&z=16 that's the closest sprint tower near I-70/I-270 junction and took a picture. Not sure if that's where you were thinking. Stuff is marked out with orange paint on the ground. Anything look NV'ish in this picture? Those ground mount RRU's in the red box ?

2013-03-31%2012.59.48.jpg

yes, that's the tower i was talking about.

you can kind of see what i was talking about on the other side.

This is the 2nd closest Sprint site to me. It's going to be hard to check if work is being done even though I drive by it every day.

2013-03-31%2018.56.14.jpg

At least they were nice enough to clearly label it:

2013-03-31%2018.57.01.jpg

• Like 1

I'm going to have to get pictures of sites in the Metro East as well as Southeast Missouri. I don't have Premium status but it would not shock me to see the sites closest to me be GMO.

Not every market has its own 4G core, and St. Louis does not. The Kansas City 4G core handles all traffic for most/all of both Kansas and Missouri markets.

AJ

Ok I was just going on what I was told in another topic that as of a month ago the 4g core for STL was not upgraded. I guess he was wrong. I though it would have explained the 3g sites coming online nicely.

I'm going to have to get pictures of sites in the Metro East as well as Southeast Missouri. I don't have Premium status but it would not shock me to see the sites closest to me be GMO.

I have not heard of an any Missouri GMO sites yet, or at least I don't remember any, but its likely somes in Springfield will be from what was said earlier about them being on wooden telephone poles. The RRU looking things in the picture from I-70/I-270 interchange are AT&T I think and not signs of it being a Sprint GMO.

Ok I was just going on what I was told in another topic that as of a month ago the 4g core for STL was not upgraded. I guess he was wrong. I though it would have explained the 3g sites coming online nicely.

That's what I was told by a source, so I had bad information if that is true....

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

Does anyone think an official launch from sprint is getting close in Joplin?

I don't know....but an "Official Launch" is meaningless in my book. Either the sites where I go are upgraded or they aren't, they way Sprint labels it is irrelevant IMO. :)

What reasons would there be for a rope to be hanging down from a tower? I went to the tower closest to my house today after work and there was a rope hanging from the top of the tower. I didn't have my camera with zoom on it and the tower is super tall so i couldn't get very good pics with my GNex and it looks like there are 7 different "rungs"(not really sure the technical word) and I'm not really sure which one is sprint. There was also some dirt that had been recently disturbed and spray paint on the ground. The photos I have are here...the first 6 photos are of this particular tower...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26101921@N06/

What reasons would there be for a rope to be hanging down from a tower? I went to the tower closest to my house today after work and there was a rope hanging from the top of the tower. I didn't have my camera with zoom on it and the tower is super tall so i couldn't get very good pics with my GNex and it looks like there are 7 different "rungs"(not really sure the technical word) and I'm not really sure which one is sprint. There was also some dirt that had been recently disturbed and spray paint on the ground. The photos I have are here...the first 6 photos are of this particular tower...

http://www.flickr.co...s/26101921@N06/

I went back today and the rope was clearly moved to the other side of the tower. Someone was definitely there working today. I did a little more walking around cuz today I didn't have the kids with me. I saw some things that I didn't see yesterday such as the sign that said "warning, buried fiber optic cable" and disturbed ground. I took some more photos...also including on my flickr stream

I went back today and the rope was clearly moved to the other side of the tower. Someone was definitely there working today. I did a little more walking around cuz today I didn't have the kids with me. I saw some things that I didn't see yesterday such as the sign that said "warning, buried fiber optic cable" and disturbed ground. I took some more photos...also including on my flickr stream

where is that exactly? First east side work I have herd about.

ST03RW434 (37.761667 -92.525833, Stoutland, MO) LTE has been integrated ! Awaits Sprint Acceptance..!!

Maybe first far removed from Joplin in Missouri market!

where is that exactly? First east side work I have herd about.

This is Collinsville, IL. As I said, I am not sure if this is Sprint work but this is definitely a tower listed in the Sponsor thread and someone was definitely there working today....If you look at the box to the right it lists all of the carriers at this site. Cricket, US Cellular, Sprint, Clearwire, and one more I can't remember.

ST03RW434 (37.761667 -92.525833, Stoutland, MO) LTE has been integrated ! Awaits Sprint Acceptance..!!

Wait. What? You skipped over Springfield? How dare you!!!

;)

I kid of course. Glad to see something moving outside of Joplin!

Kool :) !!! In next 30-40 days there will be bunch of sites will be ready LTE......Work in progress many sites all around Springfield......

Wait. What? You skipped over Springfield? How dare you!!!

;)

I kid of course. Glad to see something moving outside of Joplin!

• Like 2

Kool :) !!! In next 30-40 days there will be bunch of sites will be ready LTE......Work in progress many sites all around Springfield......

Any chance you might take to the Sponsor forums and let us know which sites those are? I'd love to check them out once I'm back in the county mid-month.

I looked at the pictures and didn't see anything that looked like a Sprint NV panel with RRU's. I could be work for another carrier or it could be the are prepping the tower and will raise the panels soon. Either way keep an eye on it and if I head over that way I will drop by the site and have a look myself. Nice to have a reference set to see if anything changed.