Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I'll preface this by saying that since I'm in St. Louis and I don't travel much, my phone has never connected to LTE (It is technically a replacement and I got to play with LTE in dallas for about 15 seconds on my old one). That said, what does this stuff mean? I found it in my LTE record >LTE Available file

Is this some sort of ehrpd thing, or should actually I be excited?

So far as we can tell, LTE phones record which sites CDMA sites they are connected to for 1x while on LTE, so that when it's connect to the same 1x site again, it kicks the LTE scan cycle up a notch. Though this is mostly theory. As far as I know, it should only record sites when connected to LTE, so, perhaps this phone has seen LTE before you got it?

• Like 1

That sounds likely. This is the first time I checked the log since I got the phone. is there any way to look up the location of the connections with this info? Also, as a refurbished phone, shouldnt it have been completely wiped?

if it means anything to you guys, in the LTE file, i only have the sid of 4157, which according to this site: https://sites.google...w/wireless_sids

is Nashville, TN. i was in nashville and did connect to LTE there. so that is correct. i have also gone to Huntsville, AL and Branson, MO and nothing other than the Nashville records in the file. so not great news for anyone in Branson, MO, Wentzville, MO or Huntsville, AL. Now its not terrible news, but its still not overly good. I will post back here if i get a record of a place that has not been announced by Sprint or if it has not had much being said about it when it comes to LTE (of course if it is not in the MO market i will post it in the thread for that market). also keep in mind that the list is from 2003...so it is probably not completely up to date anymore.

if it means anything to you guys, in the LTE file, i only have the sid of 4157, which according to this site: https://sites.google...w/wireless_sids

is Nashville, TN. i was in nashville and did connect to LTE there. so that is correct. i have also gone to Huntsville, AL and Branson, MO and nothing other than the Nashville records in the file. so not great news for anyone in Branson, MO, Wentzville, MO or Huntsville, AL. Now its not terrible news, but its still not overly good. I will post back here if i get a record of a place that has not been announced by Sprint or if it has not had much being said about it when it comes to LTE (of course if it is not in the MO market i will post it in the thread for that market). also keep in mind that the list is from 2003...so it is probably not completely up to date anymore.

I would only trust Digiblur when it comes to SIDs.

Not recording any in Branson or Wentzville isn't bad news, it's completely expected. We know that work has not started there yet. The only place in the Missouri market that has any tower work going on right now is around the Joplin area.

Check sensorly new site on in Joplin just did mapping around my house I have it at 20th and moffet ave and all down 20th

Sounds like they lit up 400. Thanks cmill for the update!

• Like 1

How do they get the tower ids short of looking at stuff in the sponsors section?

I find the tower IDs usually on the tower sites such as American Tower. You can also drive up to the tower as that information is displayed on the fence around the tower.

• Like 1

Watching now a NV panel with rru going up at the Dellwood rec center tower.

I will post a couple pictures when I get home.

Now THAT is some exciting news...that's one of 2 in the STL area showing as "In progress" on the map :D

Pictures taken earlier today at theDellwood Recreation center area tower just off I-270 on W. Florissant a few blocks south. ST23XC292 (permission to use the ID was obtained from the S4GRU Administrator. Thanks Robert) I asked one of the guys if it was for Sprint just to be sure and he said "yup!" Only one antenna panel with RRUS is on the tower but I think more are going up today as someone on the ground was complaining that jumpers were not color coded. The ones on the RRUs clearly are.

DSCF0071.JPG

DSCF0072.JPG

DSCF0073.JPG

DSCF0075.JPG

DSCF0076.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

DSCF0078.JPG

• Like 5

Pictures taken earlier today at theDellwood Recreation center area tower just off I-270 on W. Florissant a few blocks south. (Can I post the like the one for the Joplin tower KC03RW417 posted earlier? I asked on of the guys if it was for Sprint just to be sure and he said "yup!" Only one of the tower but I think more are going up today as someone on the ground was complaining that jumpers were not color coded.

http://dl.dropbox.co...ch/DSCF0071.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.co...ch/DSCF0072.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.co...ch/DSCF0073.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.co...ch/DSCF0078.JPG

super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well crud... They only got one panel with RRU's up today. They moved the pulley system to another corner of the tower and left it up and 2 more panels are in plain site from the rec center side. They are inside the fence so don't go looking to grab a panel for your self. I took the picture through the gap in the gate. If anyone is close and would check it out during the week that would be great. I can't get back over there again until next Saturday.

2013-03-30%2018.45.32.jpg

• Like 1

Finally it looks like STL is under way!

I wonder if the "4g core" that handles all the connections in the St Louis area is updated yet. So far all the Missouri 4G sites (Joplin) are thru the same 4g core that handles KC.

The tower at hwy 270 and 70 near Florissant has what looks to be a trench dug going into it. I was driving and was only able to get a quick look at it, and it may not even be for sprint, but I am willing to bet it is getting new backhual run to it. I did not see any of the rrus or new panels on it, though. But I'm sure that if I'm right about the backhual, the rrus and new panels will come soon.

I wonder if the "4g core" that handles all the connections in the St Louis area is updated yet. So far all the Missouri 4G sites (Joplin) are thru the same 4g core that handles KC.

Not every market has its own 4G core, and St. Louis does not. The Kansas City 4G core handles all traffic for most/all of both Kansas and Missouri markets.

AJ

• Like 3

The tower at hwy 270 and 70 near Florissant has what looks to be a trench dug going into it. I was driving and was only able to get a quick look at it, and it may not even be for sprint, but I am willing to bet it is getting new backhual run to it. I did not see any of the rrus or new panels on it, though. But I'm sure that if I'm right about the backhual, the rrus and new panels will come soon.

I ran over here https://maps.google.com/maps?q=38.74925,-90.444931&hl=en&sll=38.749362,-90.444922&sspn=0.001512,0.002411&t=h&z=16 that's the closest sprint tower near I-70/I-270 junction and took a picture. Not sure if that's where you were thinking. Stuff is marked out with orange paint on the ground. Anything look NV'ish in this picture? Those ground mount RRU's in the red box ?

2013-03-31%2012.59.48.jpg