Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

There was a Joplin and Neosho site accepted yesterday. More details later when I return to my office computer.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

There was a Joplin and Neosho site accepted yesterday. More details later when I return to my office computer.

You've got on the edge of our seats lol :tu:

Once we actually start seeing movement in STL, there will be a lot more posts. At the moment, we don't have much more to talk about other than work should be starting in the next month or so.

has any work started in the stl area?

there you go

what determines your ping speed backhaul or updated equipment? whichever it is its done at site *, was out on my break im pinging 90ms

The weakest link determines the ping. Usually its the backhaul but I think if you had upgraded backhaul and over loaded RF spectrum you would still have a bad ping.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The weakest link determines the ping. Usually its the backhaul but I think if you had upgraded backhaul and over loaded RF spectrum you would still have a bad ping.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't have a bad ping I had one indicative of 4G quality just no 4G, that was the purpose of my post is that either backhaul or updated equipment is in place, I'm going after work to check it out.

what determines your ping speed backhaul or updated equipment? whichever it is its done at site *, was out on my break im pinging 90ms

It's mostly about backhaul, though the load the tower is carrying plays into it if it's overloaded. A legacy tower with good backhaul and a low to moderate amount of users can results in pings under 100ms, but that is more typical of NV upgraded backhaul.

It's also difficult to tell which tower you are connected to while on 3G. It may or may not be the closest tower in urban locations. Even though that would make sense, sometimes your phone will latch onto a tower further away even if the signal is a little weaker.

It's mostly about backhaul, though the load the tower is carrying plays into it if it's overloaded. A legacy tower with good backhaul and a low to moderate amount of users can results in pings under 100ms, but that is more typical of NV upgraded backhaul.

It's also difficult to tell which tower you are connected to while on 3G. It may or may not be the closest tower in urban locations. Even though that would make sense, sometimes your phone will latch onto a tower further away even if the signal is a little weaker.

I understand what your're saying about the phone catching another tower but I can actually look and see this tower it is so close and I had restarted the phone, profile update and all that and it was still the same result so while it might possibly have been another tower I really doubt that is the case im going after work to stand beneath the tower and look and see if there any visual cues that there is current work being done at that particular tower its literally like 30 seconds away and what really excited me is this tower no matter the time of day has never produced below 180ms on ping thats why my ears perk at the revelation

I understand what your're saying about the phone catching another tower but I can actually look and see this tower it is so close and I had restarted the phone, profile update and all that and it was still the same result so while it might possibly have been another tower I really doubt that is the case im going after work to stand beneath the tower and look and see if there any visual cues that there is current work being done at that particular tower its literally like 30 seconds away and what really excited me is this tower no matter the time of day has never produced below 180ms on ping thats why my ears perk at the revelation

I have stood next to a site and connected to one four miles away before. What you need to do is start logging LTE Cell ID's from your LTE Engineering screen and tracking them. If you know the Cell ID's in your area, whenever you want to know what you're connected to, its easy to verify.

I do the same with EVDO sites in my area. I have an Evernote that I can read from any of my devices that shows the PNs for every EVDO site in Northern NM. When I'm connected to one and want to know which it is, I look it up.

• Like 1

Off to the Dellwood Rec Center area tower to look for green beer... I mean new NV activity.

Update. Nothing of note to report. No beer either <mumble>

I'm noticing a severe lack of 3G in large pockets of my commute on Highway 40 and Lindbergh. I'll either go extended or hop on Edge for a while before finding another 3G signal. It happened again today on 270... I hope this is the storm before the calm. :)

I'm noticing a severe lack of 3G in large pockets of my commute on Highway 40 and Lindbergh. I'll either go extended or hop on Edge for a while before finding another 3G signal. It happened again today on 270... I hope this is the storm before the calm. :)

I have been losing 3G sporadically in downtown St. Louis, corner of Broadway and Washington