Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Okay I am a sponsor now, so i can see the maps where the towers are in my area. Is it considered trespassing to drive down the roads where the towers are? Most of them are kinda in areas where people don't generally go to. I don't want to get in trouble for driving to the sites and taking pictures. Also is posting the coordinates of sites against the rules?

Okay I am a sponsor now, so i can see the maps where the towers are in my area. Is it considered trespassing to drive down the roads where the towers are? Most of them are kinda in areas where people don't generally go to. I don't want to get in trouble for driving to the sites and taking pictures. Also is posting the coordinates of sites against the rules?

If there's no gate, fence or no trespassing sign, then unless it's obviously on private property it should be ok.

As for discussion of locations, probably best to use the sponsor forums.

Either use this existing thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/530-network-vision-site-map-arkansas-kansas-missouri-oklahoma-markets/page__pid__118427__st__380#entry118427

Or create a new one here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/30-s4gru-sponsors-forum/

Then you don't have to worry about what information you're posting.

How do i become a sponsor? I can help with info from towers in the metro east....from Alton to Collinsville and Collinsville to Granite City. How do i know where the towers are? Just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it.

I actually live in the Alton, Godfrey area. Haven't even heard about work starting here yet. nor have I seen anything yet. Kinda sucks.

I actually live in the Alton, Godfrey area. Haven't even heard about work starting here yet. nor have I seen anything yet. Kinda sucks.

Well if you look at the map there are some sites that are being worked on in North (St Lous) County and West County. And with them being so close to being wrapped up in Kansas it can't be too far off. And if there is no one giving updates on these towers who is to know? I am going to try to drive by a coupe of the towers in Alton today to just peek around and see if anything looks changed or anything.

Any news on the joplin area? Several sites seemed to be ready for a couple weeks now. Any activations lately?

With the weather lately, probably not much activity. I suspect things will continue to be slow until April, as Spring has been delayed several weeks .... ;)

I hear you guys. Im out of town now but with so many sites with panels and cabinets installed I was hoping some would get accepted. Thanks for the update.

Actually, 2 more sites accepted today in Joplin. Check the Comments Related to NV Sites Complete for details.

And the first St. Louis site conversion. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went by a Sprint Tower today. Took some shots just for comparison for later on down the road. Can someone take a look at this tower and tell me what I am looking at? I'm 99% sure that none of the Sprint stuff is NV related. Which stuff is Sprint? That way i know if anything is changed down the road.

I went by a Sprint Tower today. Took some shots just for comparison for later on down the road. Can someone take a look at this tower and tell me what I am looking at? I'm 99% sure that none of the Sprint stuff is NV related. Which stuff is Sprint? That way i know if anything is changed down the road.

Second level is the only one that has anything like Sprint on it from what I can tell.

No, a new site. Unrelated. First truly NV site.

Ah, I see it on the map. Cool...What does this mean exactly? Why are they installing new 3G sites? Consider me a noob but I appreciate all of the info.

Ah, I see it on the map. Cool...What does this mean exactly? Why are they installing new 3G sites? Consider me a noob but I appreciate all of the info.

Not installing new, replacing. Every Sprint site is getting an overhaul as part of the Network Vision project. This includes new equipment that replaces the legacy equipment. The new NV panels on the towers are capable of transmitting the upgraded 3G as well as LTE from the same panel. The 3G acceptance means that NV equipment has been installed, and the 3G side of it has been accepted, however the LTE side has not. Likely the NV equipment is not yet live, as 3G is brought online only when a cluset of sites have been upgraded.

Nothing new to see at the Dellwood rec center site but the service is the best I have ever gotten there by at least double the data of the next highest test and 10-20x normal. 1.23 mbps down/.52 up.

The ping was 172 ms. What's the normal ping for a 3G site with NV level backhaul? Does the ping further improve with new cabinets and gear?