Sprint LTE May 2012 Schedule Maps

I'm not eligible for a device upgrade until December, but as a matter of pride, I'm disappointed that LA will get LTE before the Bay Area. C'mon Samsung, get your act together!

I know...right?

Robert

• Like 1

Welcome to S4GRU! :welcome:

Yes' date=' Huntsville/Madison/Decatur are in the Alabama market: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/gallery/image/232-sprint-market-map-alabama/

You can become a Sponsor by making a donation to our PayPal account to help cover our expenses here at S4GRU. To become a Sponsor, click on The Forums tab at the top of any S4GRU page. Once the Forums page loads, there is a donation section in the upper right hand corner. Click on the donate button and follow the PayPal prompts.

However, the Alabama market is not in the first two rounds of Network Vision.

Robert

Thanks. I figured it wouldn't be since they shut down the Decatur retail store. sprint. Com cays there is no 4G yet I think we have a blackout tower or some thing like that. I believe tmo and Verizon share this tower with them.

I'm not eligible for a device upgrade until December, but as a matter of pride, I'm disappointed that LA will get LTE before the Bay Area. C'mon Samsung, get your act together!

Me too. I really hope the wait for LTE in the Bay Area won't be as bad as it was for WiMax (still very limited). We're supposedly in round-one and there's not a single sign that it's coming.

I realize S4GRU has stated that DC rollout has already started, but does anyone have any idea of the progress? Both 3G and LTE.

So far I have not noted much improvement. Signal has always been solid downtown (Outdoors - Indoors I roam on Verizon) but speeds not so much...

Me too. I really hope the wait for LTE in the Bay Area won't be as bad as it was for WiMax (still very limited). We're supposedly in round-one and there's not a single sign that it's coming.

There have been lots of delays in the SFO market due to backhaul contract issues and local permitting. We will have a schedule update within the next week or so.

Robert

So far I have not noted much improvement. Signal has always been solid downtown (Outdoors - Indoors I roam on Verizon) but speeds not so much...

Only approx. 1% of the sites have been converted in the DC market. Unless you were connected to one of the upgraded towers, you wouldn't notice any improvements. It will take the average market 6 months to complete NV from start to finish, it will take 9-12 months in the largest markets.

Robert

Only approx. 1% of the sites have been converted in the DC market. Unless you were connected to one of the upgraded towers, you wouldn't notice any improvements. It will take the average market 6 months to complete NV from start to finish, it will take 9-12 months in the largest markets.

Robert

Awwh -_-

Robert

Robert,

Any idea when NV is going to hit

185 Cambridge St

Charles River Plaza Shopping Center, Boston, MA 02114

Dying to know :o

Robert,

Any idea when NV is going to hit

185 Cambridge St

Charles River Plaza Shopping Center, Boston, MA 02114

Dying to know :o

Looks like work starts in August at that site.

Robert

Looks like work starts in August at that site.

Robert

:drool: thanks :)

That's this location, btw -

7053813135_090018f083_b.jpg

The "after" pics will be posted promptly after upgrades :)

Thanks again!

• Like 1

:drool: thanks :)

That's this location, btw -

The "after" pics will be posted promptly after upgrades :)

Thanks again!

Is this visible from your office?

Robert

Is this visible from your office?

Robert

No :( I wish... that location is extremely fast (even before NV).

This is the office life at sprint speed (only about 2 miles away, actually) -

7218155244_0378f5bb9e.jpg

There have been lots of delays in the SFO market due to backhaul contract issues and local permitting. We will have a schedule update within the next week or so.

Robert

You don't say...who would have thought there would be permitting issues in SFO market!

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad Cartridge

• Like 2

Welcome to S4GRU! :welcome:

Yes, Huntsville/Madison/Decatur are in the Alabama market: http://s4gru.com/ind...et-map-alabama/

You can become a Sponsor by making a donation to our PayPal account to help cover our expenses here at S4GRU. To become a Sponsor, click on The Forums tab at the top of any S4GRU page. Once the Forums page loads, there is a donation section in the upper right hand corner. Click on the donate button and follow the PayPal prompts.

However, the Alabama market is not in the first two rounds of Network Vision.

Robert

Also new here; any news on the Indianapolis market area? Also, who will be deploying for that market - Ericsson or Samsung? The vendor map that's been propogated around here isn't abundantly clear on that.

Also new here; any news on the Indianapolis market area? Also, who will be deploying for that market - Ericsson or Samsung? The vendor map that's been propogated around here isn't abundantly clear on that.

The article about it is much more clear: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-121-indianapolis-east-michigan-are-scheduled-to-be-in-the-second-round-of-sprint-network-visionlte-deployment-in-2012/

Robert

You don't say...who would have thought there would be permitting issues in SFO market!

Damned hippies! :wall: Why can't they sign off on the permits and go smoke some weed :mad2:

• Like 1

How does it look for Philly?

I dont know of any Philly delays. :tu:

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Not very scientific. Washington beltway just south of American Legion Bridge or the Potomac in VA. There was a guy on the tower working on an antenna. It's a shorter beefy monipole tower. I tried to get on speed test and open signal but I transfered to another tower so couldn't verify anything

Not very scientific. Washington beltway just south of American Legion Bridge or the Potomac in VA. There was a guy on the tower working on an antenna. It's a shorter beefy monipole tower. I tried to get on speed test and open signal but I transfered to another tower so couldn't verify anything

Oh, so you were the guy swerving whilst looking at his cell phone? I thought you looked familiar.

There are 3 towers in that stretch that show as due for NV upgrades but they don't seem to be on the May 2012 schedule map.

Hi new member here. I just sent a donation via paypal. Im assuming the password for the members forum wil be emailed? Do you by chance have any details on southern ocean county nj such as zip codes 08050 or 08087. I saw this area seemed to be added to phase 1 but was curious if you had any details. Thanks!