Network Vision/LTE - Shentel Market (Shenandoah Valley/Hagerstown/Harrisburg)

Boosted20V

I thought CA was on in Shentel I can't remember seeing it though. I know 2nd carrier is widespread where B41 is located.

In my county (Shenandoah Co), I've found three towers so far with B41. All have two carriers active, but CA is not active.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

im noticing alot of degraded signal quality in the area... im assuming the towers are getting upgraded now or the backhaul in Shenandoah is being upgraded

I used to get LTE inside my job in New Oxford and as of about a month ago, i barely get signal. If I leave my phone sitting alone on my desk, it will occasionally pick up LTE, but as soon as I pick up my phone, it'll drop to 3G and sometimes 1x and is completely unusable. A coworker and I already reported network issues via Sprint Zone app a few times and are hoping they resolve whatever got messed up.

I used to get LTE inside my job in New Oxford and as of about a month ago, i barely get signal. If I leave my phone sitting alone on my desk, it will occasionally pick up LTE, but as soon as I pick up my phone, it'll drop to 3G and sometimes 1x and is completely unusable. A coworker and I already reported network issues via Sprint Zone app a few times and are hoping they resolve whatever got messed up.

It's nationwide now. Just flew from Baltimore to Miami, both are having the same issue and care told me they have many calls on it

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

It's nationwide now. Just flew from Baltimore to Miami, both are having the same issue and care told me they have many calls on it

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

If there is a nationwide problem right now, I'm sure it's not related to this isolated incident that he's experiencing for the past month at his workplace.

0ab120a2c184310bf159194e0abe7691.jpg

Near Gettysburg and York springs on us 15

If there is a nationwide problem right now, I'm sure it's not related to this isolated incident that he's experiencing for the past month at his workplace.

I'm not disregarding his issue and I experience it to in PA, I'm just saying I am having this in Baltimore and Miami.

I'm not disregarding his issue and I experience it to in PA, I'm just saying I am having this in Baltimore and Miami.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Just found a new 10X10 band 25 carrier in Shentel territory.  It Waynesboro, Pa city

UL channel 26140     DL Channel 8140.

This is a change.  We did have the standard G block 5X5 and another 5X5 probably in Block "A"

SCP identifies this as B25 with no second carrier identification.

I am not sure if they obtained something other than block "A" somehow or what.

I have not seen a B-25 second carrier identification in SCPsince this 10X10 suddenly appeared, but there may still be a second b-25 carrier here.

An nTelos site was removed here as it was no longer needed.  nTelos used band 25 but not sure what block was used here. It was not block "A:"

Just found a new 10X10 band 25 carrier in Shentel territory. It Waynesboro, Pa city

UL channel 26140 DL Channel 8140.

This is a change. We did have the standard G block 5X5 and another 5X5 probably in Block "A"

SCP identifies this as B25 with no second carrier identification.

I am not sure if they obtained something other than block "A" somehow or what.

I have not seen a B-25 second carrier identification in SCPsince this 10X10 suddenly appeared, but there may still be a second b-25 carrier here.

An nTelos site was removed here as it was no longer needed. nTelos used band 25 but not sure what block was used here. It was not block "A:"

Could this be from trading another carrier to make one 10x10 channel instead of two 5x5 channels?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Could this be from trading another carrier to make one 10x10 channel instead of two 5x5 channels?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

No, 8140 is the product of an expansion of the 5x5 A Block LTE carrier to a 10x10 A Block carrier. The 5x5 G Block carrier (at 8665) should not have changed...

No, 8140 is the product of an expansion of the 5x5 A Block LTE carrier to a 10x10 A Block carrier. The 5x5 G Block carrier (at 8665) should not have changed...

It was late last night when I discovered this new 10X10 Carrier and I did not really have time to investigate it.  You could be right on the use of the "A" Block.  It could be that Shentel could be forcing more 1x voice traffic onto 800 so that they could clear the "A" block for this 10X10. Another possibility is that 1X voice could have been shifted onto 1900 spectrum they obtained when they killed the nTelos cell sites in this area of Pennsylvania. Needs more investigation.  My Galaxy s7 totally loves this new 10X10 and I am not able to get it to land on the old "G" block at all.

Does anybody know of any improvement going on or about to happen in the Roanoke valley area?

I used to get 60+ at my house from the beginning with B41, now I’m at 5-20 Mbps.. The pings are higher, however B41 actually works now in the Valley View area.. (it wouldn’t even assign an IP at the beginning)..

I’m wondering if CA is scheduled to come to town any time soon.. pretty big market for Sprint here..

Edited by dhrumil2504

Looks like I found my first B25 CA. This is outside of Edinburg, VA. It's two 5x5 carriers. I would be curious to know why they haven't enabled a 10x10 carrier, since they have spectrum to do that in this area, but hey, I'll take it. 0c6e478dd12a5bd35709f6cf784db5a5.jpgbfd2f975ba6a0a560f0c76bd69c7dee1.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 months later...