iOS11 - now available.

shaferz

All done!  Not sure if I just got in the queue ahead of the rush, but it took less than 90 seconds to complete the download of iOS11 onto my phone.  Will be interesting to see how quick my iPad updates.

Anyway, next up... watchOS4.  :) 

Took about a minute and a half on my iPhone 7+ to download. Got the update at 105 pm est. Just FYI if you have the Hulu app you will loose the ability to cast it to Chrome Cast. Pretty sure it’s just the app. Since I can still cast from YouTube and Netflix. You can regain it for a min or so if you uninstall Hulu and reinstall it but will loose it again. 

5 hours ago, JDP121 said:

Took about a minute and a half on my iPhone 7+ to download. Got the update at 105 pm est. Just FYI if you have the Hulu app you will loose the ability to cast it to Chrome Cast. Pretty sure it’s just the app. Since I can still cast from YouTube and Netflix. You can regain it for a min or so if you uninstall Hulu and reinstall it but will loose it again. 

If you open the app, leave the app for maybe 5-10 seconds and then reopen it (without force closing) the Cast option should show up. I've been running this build for about a week.

29 minutes ago, jakeuten said:

If you open the app, leave the app for maybe 5-10 seconds and then reopen it (without force closing) the Cast option should show up. I've been running this build for about a week.

Ya that def worked thanks. 

I believe I am going to wait until 11.1 is released unless I purchase a new 8 Plus in the next week or so.  I have seen a few videos discussing some of the glitches that are being experienced with 11 and with the 6S Plus, it may be a bigger issue versus a 7 or the new 8.

• Like 2

I'm still on the fence about updating my 5S to iOS11... I really like 10.3.3 on it and by far my favorite thus far since I got it early last year.

I don't know? Should I download now or wait? Is iOS11 really worth it?

4 hours ago, MarshieZballer said:

I'm still on the fence about updating my 5S to iOS11... I really like 10.3.3 on it and by far my favorite thus far since I got it early last year.

I don't know? Should I download now or wait? Is iOS11 really worth it?

I keep a few phones around because of work and such. One of them is an iPhone 6. I was a bit hesitant but it was fine. The first few days of it are a bit sluggish as things index and so on. I'd give it a shot if I were you but if you want to be extra cautious wait for a 11.xx update. Personally I like the changes and find it much nicer overall. So seriously thinking about getting a new one for myself. A 7 I use often is fine as well, which we'd expect of course.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, burnout8488 said:

I've got an iPhone 7, you? Perhaps this update is model-specific?

I’ve got an iPhone 8. Maybe you’re right.

I also recently got off off the iOS beta program. It’s possible the update may only be for people who are enrolled...

(I don’t know if you are)

I’ve got an iPhone 8. Maybe you’re right.
I also recently got off off the iOS beta program. It’s possible the update may only be for people who are enrolled...
(I don’t know if you are)

I've got an iPhone 7, you? Perhaps this update is model-specific?

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and I got the profile update as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I didn’t know which thread to post this in so I chose this one.

Is their anyone having issues with distortion and garbled calls when making or receiving calls with Sprint WiFi calling enabled?

It only happens when making calls over CDMA.

Happened on my iPhone 7Plus and 8Plus.