SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

40 minutes ago, swintec said:

unable to follow the forums themselves or any particular topics in any of the restricted forums (sponsors, premier or honored).  the option is simply not there to enable at the top right.

I poured through all the settings and went through IPBoard support forums and could not find anything.  I've opened a ticket asking for help.  I'll let you know what I find out.  Thanks!

Robert

• Like 3

There are two issues I just noticed, one good, and one not so good.

First, the good. I was going to post something here in this thread the other day, but decided not to. So, I closed out the site window completely, figuring that would be it with that post I decided not to submit. So, I noticed the bad issue over in the Verizon eliminating coverage in Maine thread, and when I went here to report it to this thread, I noticed my post I decided not to submit showing up in the message type box. Excellent! So no more lost posts, due to some click error, etc. The new IPBoard saves what you type so you don't lose it, ever.

Now to the not so good. I swear I'm not adding meaningless, useless lines of blank space to my posts, but when I posted in the other thread, it turns out looking as though I'm adding blank space under my posts, whereas others' posts end right after the message.

Edit Note : Its here too. I've made sure the typeline ends at the last period, but its still leaving a bunch of added space.

Edited by Dkoellerwx
checking the extra white space

5 minutes ago, Arysyn said:

Now to the not so good. I swear I'm not adding meaningless, useless lines of blank space to my posts, but when I posted in the other thread, it turns out looking as though I'm adding blank space under my posts, whereas others' posts end right after the message.

Edit Note : Its here too. I've made sure the typeline ends at the last period, but its still leaving a bunch of added space.

I see the spaces, I was able to remove them. Are you posting via mobile? Maybe that has something to do with it?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I see the spaces, I was able to remove them. Are you posting via mobile? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Yes, I am in mobile.

Edit Note : I see what is going on now. The new board doesn't automatically remove spaces, at least it isn't for me, unless I keep posts to one paragraph. Any paragraphing seems to be adding an additional space to the end, where then I have to drag the type line down, and backspace until the added space is removed. This wasn't an issue on the older board. Is there a way to fix this in admincp, or Robert - can you please let IPBoard know of this issue?

3 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Perhaps it has something to do with long replies, there weren't any spaces in that post. 

I figured it out, its paragraphing that seems to be adding a space to the end. When I keep everything to one paragraph, it doesn't add the extra space. It seems there might be a software glitch, where instead of the space being added in between paragraphs, as the old software did, this update is adding the space after, and is forcing the user to correct the space.

I'm signed in via mobile.

I have hit enter and it added a space in between paragraphs for me.

Let's see what it looks like after I submit the post. 

• Like 1

Just now, S4GRU said:

I'm signed in via mobile.

I have hit enter and it added a space in between paragraphs for me.

Let's see what it looks like after I submit the post. 

For me, as long as I do not hit enter twice after each paragraph, it worked fine.  If I hit enter twice, then it added a line in between paragraphs.  My MS Word at work does the same thing.  My MS Word at home does not.  I never could find a setting in Word that would make them both consistent.  I've just dealt with it.

But I will go check for a setting to see if this something adjustable for us.

Robert

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, S4GRU said:

For me, as long as I do not hit enter twice after each paragraph, it worked fine.  If I hit enter twice, then it added a line in between paragraphs.  My MS Word at work does the same thing.  My MS Word at home does not.  I never could find a setting in Word that would make them both consistent.  I've just dealt with it.

Robert

Thank you, Robert.

I'm going to keep aware when posting in the meantime. 

56 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

Robert

Shift + enter
so it looks like
this. 

2 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Shift + enter
so it looks like
this. 

Oh, I know.  I figured that out when I changed to Word from Word Perfect around 1994.  You might not have even been born, yet. ;)

What I was referring to is that my work version of MS Word for some reason will Automatically default to each <ENTER> to two returns, but my home version does not.  I've looked for settings before to make them consistent, but never have figured it out.  I gave up a long time ago, just using <SHIFT>+<ENTER> when needing just one return.

:welc2:

Just fyi in the mobile version of the site where is lists unread posts I get a message mixed in with the unread posts saying "This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password"

I'm assuming it's in a forum or thread I don't have access to. I just figured everyone who could change it would have access to the thread/forum so they would be unaware of this.

Thanks for all the hard work keeping the site up and going!

1 hour ago, optimummind said:

How do I search for S4GRU in Tapatalk?  I can't even find it anymore.

Earlier this week (in this thread), Robert stated that Tapatalk was not compatible with the new forum software yet. You can use the mobile site until Tapatalk resolves the issue.

-Mike

8 hours ago, floorguy said:

uhhhh yea, have them change the color scheme... I HATE bright websites.. hurts the eyes

I did change the color scheme. It was far worse.   It was completely white, except the top border.  Now everything is shades of teal or gray, except text boxes which are off white.

People's comments with the new colors has been positive so far. Do others think we need to darken them further?

3 hours ago, S4GRU said:

I did change the color scheme. It was far worse.   It was completely white, except the top border.  Now everything is shades of teal or gray, except text boxes which are off white.

People's comments with the new colors has been positive so far. Do others think we need to darken them further?

I definitely don't have any issue with how they site looks now, but I'll make a few suggestions that might help make things look easier to view the site for people still preferring it darker.

My suggestion would be to have a light black background, not dark black, but a color code similar to what Sprint is using in the top bar of their website where it lists "call to order" and the sign in area, or perhaps the shinier, yet darker black used in the sign-up for Sprint offers box down near to the bottom of the screen.

I've seen Sprint using that color alot in their newer stores. Having it as the main background (not the message area background), would give this site a darker, more easier to read feel to the site, while also being more familiar to Sprint. Also for the message bar, perhaps a slightly darker shade of white/light grey that doesn't interfere with the message type, maybe making the message type a pure black #000000 color code would help too.

On 9/17/2017 at 1:28 AM, floorguy said:

uhhhh yea, have them change the color scheme... I HATE bright websites.. hurts the eyes

On 9/17/2017 at 9:35 AM, S4GRU said:

Colors seem fine to me. 

• Like 4