Google Pixel 2 XL by LG Preview/User Thread

skid71

16 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

I'm guessing WiFi calling will still be a no but, we'll see...

Maybe it's possible to get carrier-specific abilities in the Carrier Services app.  Last year at this time I would definitely say it isn't possible.

5 hours ago, skid71 said:

Well, you know how some folks are around here about that kind of thing.  I haven't read anything on S4GRU with any live 4CA sites, but I don't get around to all of the threads.  My home site is an old clear site, no 2xCA for me on that one.

All the Clear sits in the KC area are broadcast 2xCA if they have B41. Are you sure there is no CA on that site?

4 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

All the Clear sits in the KC area are broadcast 2xCA if they have B41. Are you sure there is no CA on that site?

David,

I'm pretty sure.  I know to not go by the tiny 2 or 3 in SCP, but I don't think it does.  It's the tower at South 7 Highway and Cowherd Road.  Please not I'm not complaining about coverage.  I'm happy with it.

Edited by S4GRU
Fixed quote bubble to not include response from member

41 minutes ago, skid71 said:

David,

I'm pretty sure.  I know to not go by the tiny 2 or 3 in SCP, but I don't think it does.  It's the tower at South 7 Highway and Cowherd Road.  Please not I'm not complaining about coverage.  I'm happy with it.

Well, that site is not a Clear site, so that might be the problem. It's Sprint, and I don't have a B41 confirmation on it either. By the way... I had no idea there was a street call Cowherd.... Lol!

27 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Well, that site is not a Clear site, so that might be the problem. It's Sprint, and I don't have a B41 confirmation on it either. By the way... I had no idea there was a street call Cowherd.... Lol!

David,

It certainly has B41. What would you like for confirmation?

18 hours ago, Arysyn said:

Seems as the Pixel XL 2 is better for Sprint while the V30 is better for T-Mobile, in terms of frequency availability. I'm still considering either one of them, or possibly ditching emulation on the phone and going full Apple.

v30 has everything the Sprint network has deployed and more! For now, its the most technically advanced phone coming to the Sprint network.

• Like 1

Rumored price to be $849 per Android Central.

Extremely competitive market, with only a single camera, I'd expect 64GB of on-board storage for that price.  We shall see 2 weeks from tomorrow.

UPDATE:  Android Police reports have 64gb at $849, 128gb at $949. 

I'm good with 64gb and add the cost of Pixel Protect.  I learned the hard way with my Nexus 6P.

I'm not quite ready for losing the headphone jack, so might stick with my Pixel XL 128GB for one more year.    While I see usb-c someday being a solution along with bluetooth, but when you're traveling and trying to watch a movie on your seatback screen, you better have headphones that work with the headphone jack.  

Getting lightning or USB-C or BT headphones doesn't solve that problem.  argh. :(  Buying more dongles or new headphones doesn't resound well with my mantra of traveling light. 

Now, if Sprint + TM merger happens AND Pixel 2 supports B71.... that might be a different story.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 8:29 AM, skid71 said:

Here are the FCC numbers.  I'm unable to read documents with white backgrounds, so can someone share the nuts and bolts of what this document is telling us?

Credit goes to the FCC; picture taken from DroidLife

pixel-xl-2-fcc1.jpg

How is this better than the Gen 1 Pixel XL regarding radio capability, or is it?

16 hours ago, though said:

How is this better than the Gen 1 Pixel XL regarding radio capability, or is it?

The tech specs on Google's website said 4x4 MIMO on B41.  I haven't looked through the FCC docs to know if that's confirmed there.

I got my Pixel 2 XL 64GB in Black ordered with a deliver date of Oct 18th or 19th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uecker87 said:

The tech specs on Google's website said 4x4 MIMO on B41.  I haven't looked through the FCC docs to know if that's confirmed there.

I got my Pixel 2 XL 64GB in Black ordered with a deliver date of Oct 18th or 19th.

I don't think it supports 4x4 on B41

It looks like bands 1,2,3,4,5,7 & 38 do

• Like 1

Ordered.  Pixel 2 XL.  Black.  64 GB.

AJ

• Like 2

Surprised there is no love for the Pixel 2 for the most part.  Maybe its because its made by HTC?  After the bolt i swore i would never go HTC again but i have to think google wouldnt let a product like the pixel get HTCs suckiness all over it would they?

• Like 1