Eclipse Info

Dkoellerwx

Can't give you a direct source other than 'Facebook'.  If it turns out it was photoshopped somehow I'll be sad, but I love it nonetheless

Edit:  Nevermind, it was photoshopped after all after I went back further into the posting.   :(

In case anyone wanted to see me lose my mind during the total eclipse :P

Where is David's mind?  Where is David's mind?  WHERE IS David's mind?

AJ

Sprint held up well through the whole event despite about 2 or 3 thousand people sharing the view with us. 

Awesome! I was in Grand Island, NE to see it. Simply amazing! Pictures and videos still don't describe the moment as seeing it in person.

• Like 2

Pictures and videos still don't describe the moment as seeing it in person.

I cherish things like that, sadly I wasn't able to be in a totality area for this.  There's only been 2 things I've experienced otherwise like that, and only one is consistent.  The consistent one is Crater Lake in Oregon on a clear or otherwise mostly clear with a few white puffy clouds day;  the natural purity of the water in that lake and the way it looks in person to your eyes....most pictures/video will never do it justice.

The unique one was the only time I've been to the Grand Canyon - it was off the North Rim (less visited by comparison to the interstate side from what I've read), and the day we were there (this was in the summer and late afternoon/early evening, probably about 5-6pm or thereabouts), right above us and to the east and straightline in the west, it was completely clear blue sky, but off in the distance to the southwest there was a *very* intense thunderstorm moving in with streak lightning.  This was before cellphones were a thing, but there were loads of people including myself burning through film rolls trying to capture lightning snapshots.

At any rate, as time passed and the storm moved in over the 'Y' fork you can see to the east where the canyon splits to the south/southeast and the other fork continues east and curves northeastward in the distance, at one point the storm clouds in the distance were finally poised right over the fork area and an obvious deluge of rain pouring with the sun back in the west bearing down on it, and it created a dual parallel half-arc set of rainbows coming out of the dark cloud into the canyon.   From one perspective that beats an eclipse because those can obviously be predicted, whereas this was a perfect right place/right time moment that I was just beyond fortunate to have been able to witness.

• Like 2

Dang David...  I bet you could give Jim Cantore a run for his money during a Thundersnow!!!

The eclipse was cool in Nashville as well.  Unfortunately, I did not have a camera with a filter lens.  Luckily, the clouds stayed away during totality.  Here is a shot a friend that was with me took with the cloud cover that did not need a filter.

sun eclipse.jpg

• Like 1

Sprint held up well through the whole event despite about 2 or 3 thousand people sharing the view with us. 

I know I'm late to the party, but was a first party witness to this :)

• Like 1