HPUE in iPhone 7s/7s Plus/8?

tomgrelinger

Has there been rumors on Apple's next set of iPhones when it comes to taking advantage of some of the newer capabilities of Sprint's network? Are we going to see HPUE in this next batch of phones? I'm planning to upgrade once they release and was curious if there is anything out there.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Has there been rumors on Apple's next set of iPhones when it comes to taking advantage of some of the newer capabilities of Sprint's network? Are we going to see HPUE in this next batch of phones? I'm planning to upgrade once they release and was curious if there is anything out there.

Thanks.

It might happen but apple is always behind when it comes to networking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed no difference on B41 with HPUE.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Since Samsung has it likely Apple also will.

While I was on sprint with the gs8 I noticed no change from my iPhone 7 hpue might be one of those techs that flop

I've heard HPUE helps onto the upload longer. Since they changed the confirmation to 112 down 9 up I hope that is the case. Density, density, density.

• Like 1

I've heard HPUE helps onto the upload longer. Since they changed the confirmation to 112 down 9 up I hope that is the case. Density, density, density.

Sprint definitely needs some more band 41 towers cause band 25/26 is way to slow for me and also volte will help big time as well

• Like 1

Sprint definitely needs some more band 41 towers cause band 25/26 is way to slow for me and also volte will help big time as well

B25 only 5x5 in your area?

• Like 1

As we all know, everything is a rumor and speculation with Apple until it is released.  From items I have read, the 7S series will most likely not have ability to connect to HPUE.  With the high end iPhone that is rumored be released later, it may be HPUE capable but we will know when it hits the market.

• Like 1

That depends upon how you define "pretty soon."  FCC OET filings for Apple products do not go public until the day of their unveiling events.

No matter.  This thread is silly.  Have there been rumors?  Of course.  But rumors do not reveal any substantiated information.  Otherwise, they would be announcements or leaks, not rumors.

AJ

No matter.  This thread is silly.  Have there been rumors?  Of course.  But rumors do not reveal any substantiated information.  Otherwise, they would be announcements or leaks, not rumors.

AJ

Bah, humbug!   :bullhorn:

• Like 2

HPUE will make absolutely no difference with the downlink. However it will make a lot of difference when Sprint turns on VOLTE.

That's not exactly true. As I understand it, HPUE does affect the uplink but not in the manner you are describing. The device will be capable of uploading at a farther distance from the closest macro tower, thereby enabling said device to stay on band 41 for longer (up to 30% more distant than a non HPUE device). The uplink transmission power of the device is the limiting reagent in this equation.

This also means that average download speeds should also theoretically increase as the device remains on b41 longer.

Make sense?

• Like 2

I could well be incorrect with my logic but given that the iPhone 6 and 6S (and I assume the 7 has and the 7S will continue this trend) both had Band 41 EIRP levels that were >26dBm (HPUE Power Class 2), is it really a relevant point as to whether the iPhone 7S has or doesn't have HPUE?  It appears that the iPhone is already providing band 41 uplink performance that is superior to HPUE through positive antenna gain.

• Like 1

I could well be incorrect with my logic but given that the iPhone 6 and 6S (and I assume the 7 has and the 7S will continue this trend) both had Band 41 EIRP levels that were >26dBm (HPUE Power Class 2), is it really a relevant point as to whether the iPhone 7S has or doesn't have HPUE?  It appears that the iPhone is already providing band 41 uplink performance that is superior to HPUE through positive antenna gain.

AJ, we need your expertise...

HPUE is based on conducted power, not radiated power.  No iPhone yet is HPUE -- despite any EIRP >26 dBm.  And any EIRP >26 dBm without HPUE could jump to >29 dBm with HPUE.

AJ

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That's not exactly true. As I understand it, HPUE does affect the uplink but not in the manner you are describing. The device will be capable of uploading at a farther distance from the closest macro tower, thereby enabling said device to stay on band 41 for longer (up to 30% more distant than a non HPUE device). The uplink transmission power of the device is the limiting reagent in this equation.

This also means that average download speeds should also theoretically increase as the device remains on b41 longer.

Make sense?

It does make since only real world used has deemed this "up to 30%" difference your talking about not noticeable from a non HPUE device.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It does make since only real world used has deemed this "up to 30%" difference your talking about not noticeable from a non HPUE device.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to say. Can you clarify?

Based on Sprint technology improvements and apple, as well as past projections...HPUE will most likely be in this batch of iPhones. My guess is iPhones 2018 will have 4CA since Sprint plans to launch 4CA end of the year/early next year.