Z2 Force

imex99

Picked up a Moto Z2 at bb for an awesome deal 20/month for 24months with free projector, btw this is a new line deal only ($300 off vs $200 off for upgrades)

So far it's a nice device, it isn't quite a replacement for my S8+.

But more importantly, so far it's B41 radio performance is definitely better than my S8.

I will continue to do more testing, taking a road trip from NYC to NC which will be a nice way of putting it through it's paces.

But so far..

Feels really light almost cheap compared to GS8

AMOLED is really over saturated (I kinda like it)

Fingerprint in the front is considerably better than the placement of GS8.

Nearly stock Android is ultra smooth, definitely miss that on my GS8.

Battery life seems promising even though not very large, but too early to tell.

Camera seems decent but slow compared to GS8.

Will update as the days go by with more info on radio performance..

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 9:21 PM, nexgencpu said:

Picked up a Moto Z2 at bb for an awesome deal 20/month for 24months with free projector, btw this is a new line deal only ($300 off vs $200 off for upgrades)

So far it's a nice device, it isn't quite a replacement for my S8+.

But more importantly, so far it's B41 radio performance is definitely better than my S8.

I will continue to do more testing, taking a road trip from NYC to NC which will be a nice way of putting it through it's paces.

But so far..

Feels really light almost cheap compared to GS8

AMOLED is really over saturated (I kinda like it)

Fingerprint in the front is considerably better than the placement of GS8.

Nearly stock Android is ultra smooth, definitely miss that on my GS8.

Battery life seems promising even though not very large, but too early to tell.

Camera seems decent but slow compared to GS8.

Will update as the days go by with more info on radio performance..

I get 8 hours of battery life out of mine. The Galaxy S8 doesn't compare to this phone in the battery department or reception Department.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MileHI38 said:

Sucks that Motorola skipped out on the 3.5mm jack or else I would've probably tried out the Z2 :td:

I find Bluetooth audio lacking which sucks because I listen to audio on the V20 with the quad DAC and it spoils you on the audio quality.

Look for devices that support apt X HD for the highest fidelity audio.. That's one of the reasons I'm picking up a V30.

check out a review

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/aptx-hd-vs-chord-mojo/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Look for devices that support apt X HD for the highest fidelity audio.. That's one of the reasons I'm picking up a V30.

check out a review

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/aptx-hd-vs-chord-mojo/

I don't find the headphone jack a deal breaker anymore..it's not important to me.

18 hours ago, jreuschl said:

I see Sprint has an offer for 50% off this phone on website.

Looks like with this promo the free projector is still included!  May go ahead and pull the trigger on this one!  My note 5 is still working good though!  Decisions, I was also waiting on the US variant of the Nokia 8 to see if it had Sprint bands included!

8 hours ago, iruntrains said:

Looks like with this promo the free projector is still included!  May go ahead and pull the trigger on this one!  My note 5 is still working good though!  Decisions, I was also waiting on the US variant of the Nokia 8 to see if it had Sprint bands included!

you should get the phone! it has a amazing camera and the battery life ins phenominal!

3 hours ago, MileHI38 said:

I'm leaning towards this phone because of the moto mods! I don't know why but this phone is calling my name despite the Note 8 and V30 coming up??....maybe it's the price point @50% off and the mods!

the battery life is incredible i went 9 hours before needing a full recharge!

Dang, read on Reddit that someone over a few stores said they have replaced 10 phones out of 15 stores sure to them dying!  Any word on this other than from that one person?  I have a friend that has a Moto through Verizon and don't think it's the same exact phone but had the same mods and she's on her 4th one from it just stopping.  Said the screen would go black and could hear the text incoming but couldn't get it to turn on.

On 9/25/2017 at 5:24 PM, MileHI38 said:

Hmmm.....Not good! Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience with the phone? That's a high failure rate....

I haven't had any problems at all it actually works pretty well. Battery life is very good actually better than my LG v20 and LG G6.

Just now, MileHI38 said:

That's good to hear! I think I'm going to wait until they drop the price of the phone because my line doesn't have a promotion on it until I pay off my V20<_<

good i m really pleased with the battery life and the toughness of the phone. but the paint on the sides dings way to easily. and the screen scratches very easily as well.

On 9/29/2017 at 2:04 PM, MileHI38 said:

Is this phone HPUE enabled? Basically does it have all of the new enhanced network features that the LG V30 and Note 8 have launched with?

Thx

Yes, it does have HPUE..

Radio is more powerful than the Note8(its missing 4x4MIMO on Band 41)

Almost equal to the V30 (V30 has 4xCA) vs 3xCA on the Moto. 

Its one of the best radio performers on Sprint today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My Moto X Pure's USB port BURNED OUT (using a Motorola, albeit non-Turbocharging charger) in December, and MotoCare replaced it with a seemingly new Moto Z2 Force.  I SWORE I wouldn't fall for the Mods, seeing as I own TWO Moto Lapdocks (which are still being used a student project dummy terminal AND a "travel" second monitor for myself); but seeing as a $750 phone fell in my lap in February, I now own the following mods:  Amazon Alexa, projector, Incipio extended battery w/ wireless charging, wireless charging fabric shell, and a Moto folio (wallet) on order.  ANYWAY, I love the phone.

• Like 1