Sprint cable company deal?

IamMrFamous07

You still need low band spectrum for coverage and VOLTE.

"Need" is too strong of a word. Does it help deployment when funding is limited? Yes, but the eventual end game needs to be ubiquitous mid band and high band, rendering low band alot less of a necessity and more of a stop gap and very rural areas.

Well, if Sprint ends up like Verizon/Vodafone 2.0 with Charter/Comcast running Sprint, this leaves a huge opportunity for T-Mobile to go for Dish. If T-Mobile bought Dish, it would be great for both companies in having a minimum 15x15 of 600mhz spectrum nationwide, with 20x20 in a large amount of markets here.

If T-Mobile got Dish, the Chicago area would have 20x20, which is an undeniable advantage, especially for the price of the great promotions offered earlier this year, along with ending the indoor network drops T-Mobile still often has here in the Chicago suburbs.

In that case, I still wonder if AT&T may try for T-Mobile/Dish, especially for the power in combining the satellite tv industry the way Sirrus XM did for satellite radio. This would leave Sprint to the possible only practical option of Verizon later on for any real wireless merger possibilities later on.

Well, if Sprint ends up like Verizon/Vodafone 2.0 with Charter/Comcast running Sprint, this leaves a huge opportunity for T-Mobile to go for Dish. If T-Mobile bought Dish, it would be great for both companies in having a minimum 15x15 of 600mhz spectrum nationwide, with 20x20 in a large amount of markets here.

If T-Mobile got Dish, the Chicago area would have 20x20, which is an undeniable advantage, especially for the price of the great promotions offered earlier this year, along with ending the indoor network drops T-Mobile still often has here in the Chicago suburbs.

In that case, I still wonder if AT&T may try for T-Mobile/Dish, especially for the power in combining the satellite tv industry the way Sirrus XM did for satellite radio. This would leave Sprint to the possible only practical option of Verizon later on for any real wireless merger possibilities later on.

T-Mobile can't afford Dish, where you get TMobile buying out a satellite broadcast company?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

T-Mobile can't afford Dish, where you get TMobile buying out a satellite broadcast company?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

There are alot of people on the T-Mobile Reddit and TmoNews website wanting this to happen. Besides, it wouldn't be T-Mobile USA buying Dish, it would be DT buying Dish for business convergence between Dish and T-Mobile.

An article on Fiercewireless advocates for a 4-way tie-up between Comcast, Charter, Sprint and T-Mobile. I really don't care if Sprint and T-Mobile merge, all I want is for them to share a network. It is a lot of fixed cost and it should be a shared fixed cost.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/t-mobile-could-join-a-sprint-tie-up-comcast-and-charter-analysts

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

Local FL paper had a nice write up/summary of the current sprint talks. Interesting to read that Charter took out bonds for $1.5 billion on Tuesday...

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20170629/lappin-new-wrinkle-in-sprints-future-is-emerging

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I am actually surprised that this has not happened sooner. Cable TV as a stand alone business is a dying model. I also suspect that having to pay for internet access is at least as concerning as the lack of wireless services. Having a financial interest in a Tier one provider can only be a good thing.

IIRC WiMax was a major part of that.

Nope.  SpectrumCo was 2006.  WiMAX was later and in unrelated spectrum.

AJ