Arysyn

LG V30

Arysyn    1,068
21 hours ago, fcp_dp said:

I don't understand why they don't make the "wide" angle lens the default and the "regular" lens the "zoom" lens. You get the same lenses just defaulted wide and will please the people looking for a "zoom" lens and a wide lens.

I very much agree with this.

I don't remember the phone brand/model at the moment, but there was one in the past that used a wide-angle lens camera that also was capable of switching into regular mode without having a secondary camera. I'd think companies ought to be looking more into integrating this technology into one camera, then standardize it with their normal models, while for premium models they could add a secondary camera that does monochrome for helping with low-light imaging.

Dkoellerwx    7,911
22 hours ago, fcp_dp said:

I don't understand why they don't make the "wide" angle lens the default and the "regular" lens the "zoom" lens. You get the same lenses just defaulted wide and will please the people looking for a "zoom" lens and a wide lens.

Because the wide angle lens has a fish-eye effect to it. I would not want all of my photos looking like that, and I know people like my mom wouldn't know to change to the other lens to get a normal looking photo.

• Like 1

nexgencpu    3,941
34 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Because the wide angle lens has a fish-eye effect to it. I would not want all of my photos looking like that, and I know people like my mom wouldn't know to change to the other lens to get a normal looking photo.

I agree, but granted, it seems to be less distorted than G6.

Dkoellerwx    7,911
1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

I agree, but granted, it seems to be less distorted than G6.

I haven't seen wide-angle photos from a V30 yet. If it is quite a bit less distorted, then perhaps there is an argument to be made. But until there is no distortion, I would say it's best that the "normal" lens is default. 

nexgencpu    3,941
21 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I haven't seen wide-angle photos from a V30 yet. If it is quite a bit less distorted, then perhaps there is an argument to be made. But until there is no distortion, I would say it's best that the "normal" lens is default. 

Comparsion between v20 and g6..

It's a marked improvement..

https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V30-wide-angle-camera-distortion-G6-V20-difference_id97672

• Like 1

Dkoellerwx    7,911
1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Comparsion between v20 and g6..

It's a marked improvement..

https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V30-wide-angle-camera-distortion-G6-V20-difference_id97672

Thanks for the link! It does look better, still wouldn't want it as my go-to camera... at least for now. 

jreuschl    483

No release date for the V30 yet?  Seems to me LG is dropping the ball if they want this to be the iPhone 8/X and Note 8 alternative.

• Like 1

MileHI38    13

For the life of me I can't figure out why LG waits so long to release and ship the V series phones from their introduction to the media/press!? Didn't they do the same thing last year?

I want to see some reviews and first hand accounts on the hardware and there's not to much out there unfortunately <_<