Essentially a sprint exclusive.

mc_gusto

On 8/20/2017 at 0:58 PM, lilotimz said:

Correction. No. 

That's disappointing if true.  Has this been confirmed?

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2017/05/31/snapdragon-835-andy-rubin-essential-new-generation-mobile-devices

^^ This link from Qualcomm which is a promo for the Essential phone mentions HPUE.

Essential to only 5000 people.  Not Essential to everyone else.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/essential-has-sold-just-5-000-phones-since-launch-baystreet

AJ

I pre-ordered one but it never came in.  I inquired with customer service several times and then just quit trying.  They completely botched the launch and their customer service is terrible!

I too may eventually try one if heavily discounted.

10 hours ago, imex99 said:

What type of discount?

Sell out inventory at cost  or below to try and get as much cash as we can out of this debacle discount...

I'd dip into savings to snag one when that discount occurs

Has anyone else went and checked out the AMA on r/essential?  Apparently they are doing a biweekly ama just on the r/essential sub!  I think they convinced me to go get this phone with the answers they gave to several questions!  

12 hours ago, iruntrains said:

Has anyone else went and checked out the AMA on r/essential?  Apparently they are doing a biweekly ama just on the r/essential sub!  I think they convinced me to go get this phone with the answers they gave to several questions!  

PM sent

Really enjoyed this phone....

Great build quality but can't get past the camera. Yes, the camera is improving but I take pictures every day and don't have the patience to be a beta tester.

Essential does have great customer service in my experience. Would be more than willing to try the next Essential phone, if it ever happens.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed this phone....

Great build quality but can't get past the camera. Yes, the camera is improving but I take pictures every day and don't have the patience to be a beta tester.

Essential does have great customer service in my experience. Would be more than willing to try the next Essential phone, if it ever happens.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Is the camera issue software related only? Did you try the Google camera app?
Other than the camera was it worth it as a daily driver?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On 10/15/2017 at 11:39 AM, Jones said:

Is the camera issue software related only? Did you try the Google camera app?
Other than the camera was it worth it as a daily driver?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Great hardware and should just be software and Oreo beta should be coming....I'm on v30 now and XL 2 coming Thursday. I'll decide on one of them within the week and keep one and return one.

Really liked the build and weight of the essential but to much of a beta phone until these updates come in and yes, I did try the camera apk from XDA.

I am getting it delivered tomorrow.  I already went and grabbed the needed SIM card so should be set on that front.  If the company would get the factory images pushed online I think developers would swarm to this phone.  The company can't seem to get out of their own way :)

Edited by sarcoptic
  • Like 1

i may jump on this now with the recent price cut.  this might be a loaded question but...how does essential compare with the pixel 2 (not XL)?  my other plan was to wait and see if the pixel 2 has a sale during black friday time frame.

Any feedback guys on the RF performance of this phone? I was reading on the XDA Essential forum that people are having bad RF issues with the phone and not a specific carrier. Read people having issues with signal being weak on Verizon, Tmobile, and Sprint.........is this phone just a weak performer because of the construction?

Thx 

11 hours ago, MileHI38 said:

Any feedback guys on the RF performance of this phone? I was reading on the XDA Essential forum that people are having bad RF issues with the phone and not a specific carrier. Read people having issues with signal being weak on Verizon, Tmobile, and Sprint.........is this phone just a weak performer because of the construction?

Thx 

Quite interested in knowing this too. RF performance is the most underrated feature of phones today. Being able to hold LTE longer usually translates to a better experience 

23 hours ago, greenbastard said:

Quite interested in knowing this too. RF performance is the most underrated feature of phones today. Being able to hold LTE longer usually translates to a better experience 

Agreed! That's why I've been leaning towards the Moto Z2 Force because of the stellar RF performance that Motorola is know for! 

Not lying though I do like the Essential phone with it's new price drop especially in the white color it's tempting!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

Wow, if you can get a discount code from someone that paid full price, you can get one of these for $300

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/28/essential-phone-goes-incredible-300-friends-family-discount/

Any early adopters able to score a code that they want to get rid of? ;)

https://www.essential.com/pages/friends-and-family-offer

• Like 2