Essentially a sprint exclusive.

mc_gusto

Yes sir, fail on my part....figured would be same as 6p sim but it's isim so no network evaluation yet.

Phone build is awesome and feels solid in the hand. Included accessories are too notch.

A few photos but nothing special. Using it on WiFi and all apps restored from my g6 with no issues.

Decent battery so far with restoring apps and changing my settings so far.

More to come....

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

519174728db4c00e6353e57e23d73cda.jpgbe76ecb426d9a617fc9143f369748d78.jpg

• Like 5

I want to try this phone but if I'm gonna go caseless.... I want the matte finish stellar gray, hopefully the company will have that choice available for me. Samsung has disappointed me in color choices

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I want to try this phone but if I'm gonna go caseless.... I want the matte finish stellar gray, hopefully the company will have that choice available for me. Samsung has disappointed me in color choices

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Finger prints are a minor issue but many wraps if you want one...some very nice ones!

So far, the PH1 has a better radio for me compared to my g6.

Hands onto LTE much longer and send faster....no speed test yet.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

a85344f058693b349efacaed18ef4c4e.jpgf33419222c6275108fdaeeaf66d13db0.jpg

• Like 4

My Nexus 6p uses the CSIM, whats the ISIM?

A new sim card....lol

I tried my 6p and it was a failure, contacted our fearless Lilo & Stich moderator and hooked me up with the correct isim numbers bc most Sprint reps have no clue....

CZ2114LWQ

CZ4114LWQ

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, imex99 said:

Lol, am I the only person to pick up this phone?

I was considering it...until Google agreed to replace my Nexus 6P for a Pixel XL.  Now I will wait until next year to replace my phone.

Robert

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imex99 said:

Lol, am I the only person to pick up this phone?

I'm going to get one, but I was waiting for a display model to play with it first...went to a store last week and the clerk had no idea what an Essential phone was. Funny thing about that though, there was a picture of it on the store's wall - and I turned around and pointed to it. :lol: He said "Oh, yeah that hasn't come in yet"

• Like 3

On 9/9/2017 at 8:33 PM, S4GRU said:

I was considering it...until Google agreed to replace my Nexus 6P for a Pixel XL.  Now I will wait until next year to replace my phone.

Robert

I heard about the replacements, no cost swap for the XL?

On 9/9/2017 at 9:29 PM, Jones said:

I'm going to get one, but I was waiting for a display model to play with it first...went to a store last week and the clerk had no idea what an Essential phone was. Funny thing about that though, there was a picture of it on the store's wall - and I turned around and pointed to it. :lol: He said "Oh, yeah that hasn't come in yet"

Feels so nice in the hand, very nice phone but overpriced. I'm happy to get off my g6 though...Paying off my g6 easy pay and selling it ASAP.

2 hours ago, imex99 said:

I heard about the replacements, no cost swap for the XL?

No cost.  They did authorize my card for $900+, but said they will only charge if they don't get back the 6P within 21 days. 

• Like 1

I have a note 5 and played with the essential phone in the store the other day and like the looks of it.  Just gun shy from reading the Reddit essential sub with all the issues.  I looked over the AMA from yesterday with Andy and it seems like they are working hard to fix several of the issues so with that said, what's the signal performance like with this thing?

On 9/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, iruntrains said:

I have a note 5 and played with the essential phone in the store the other day and like the looks of it.  Just gun shy from reading the Reddit essential sub with all the issues.  I looked over the AMA from yesterday with Andy and it seems like they are working hard to fix several of the issues so with that said, what's the signal performance like with this thing?

I haven't done any scientific tests but I'm having no problem getting band 41 or LTE in general.

On a side note. This is the first phone I had from Sprint that can handoff between WiFi calling and LTE calling.

• Like 1

I played with one in the store a week or so ago. It felt very nice in hand, and it seemed very fast. I haven't been following the news on the phone to look for issues and real user feedback. I'll try to find the Reddit thread when I have a few minutes. 

7 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:

I played with one in the store a week or so ago. It felt very nice in hand, and it seemed very fast. I haven't been following the news on the phone to look for issues and real user feedback. I'll try to find the Reddit thread when I have a few minutes. 

The biggest issue I'm having is with the camera app sometimes force closing.

The OS is running pretty good for me. I did have a random reboot when leaving my house using Android Auto. Other than that the phone has run smoothly.

The hardware feels so good in the hand and it feels more durable than the new Samsung. I don't know if it is though.

• Like 1

When phone is in do not disturb mode, have options set for calls and texts from starred contacts, not receiving and texts or calls from anyone.

Alarms works of course but not texts or calls.

Can anyone else test?

On 9/22/2017 at 7:48 AM, imex99 said:

When phone is in do not disturb mode, have options set for calls and texts from starred contacts, not receiving and texts or calls from anyone.

Alarms works of course but not texts or calls.

Can anyone else test?

It works on mines. I receive calls and sms from my starred contacts.