Essentially a sprint exclusive.

mc_gusto

From USA TODAY

Sprint to be exclusive carrier of 'Essential' phone

https://usat.ly/2taGi7y

NEW YORK—The Essential phone that is the brainchild of Android co-founder Andy Rubin now has an exclusive U.S. carrier — Sprint.Why Sprint?“We like to bet with where we think the market is going as opposed to where the market was,” Essential President Niccolo de Masi told USA TODAY. “I feel like we are a new brand and a new consumer electronics company and we are partnering with the network of the future.”Sprint has been making progress in advancing its network but it still trails Verizon Wireless, AT&T and T-Mobile in subscribers.De Masi points as well to the friendship Rubin has with SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son. SoftBank owns 83% of Sprint and Rubin is an advisor to the SoftBank Vision Fund.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not thrilled with the fact that he missed his own deadline. He shouldn't make promises/statement he can't keep. It has me questioning my decision to buy one.

Reliability/follow through should be a pillar for every start up company.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that is a pretty phone.  I'd love to try one out, but its way out of my price range and budget right now.  I like the magnet concept for the add-ons.

Judged by the level of interest in its 10 post thread, this phone is non essential.

AJ

• Like 4

Correction. No.

Sad day indeed.. .

But I was just charged for my phone, hopefully I getting some shipping information soon...

Anyone see it hear of any cases?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk