SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

I'm out of town this week and basically off the grid, but danlodish345, the advice David gave is correct. Go to the menu and select Preferences > Alerts, then uncheck what you do not want. For now the visual notification has to appear on the screen for it to work on newer versions of Android; I'm still overhauling the Alerts but hope to be able to improve that soon.

-Mike

• Like 2

I'm out of town this week and basically off the grid, but danlodish345, the advice David gave is correct. Go to the menu and select Preferences > Alerts, then uncheck what you do not want. For now the visual notification has to appear on the screen for it to work on newer versions of Android; I'm still overhauling the Alerts but hope to be able to improve that soon.

-Mike

ok thats fine i m messing with it...is there a way to make it less intrusive..

ok thats fine i m messing with it...is there a way to make it less intrusive..

Less intrusive..? You can enable whatever Alert(s) you prefer to have a notification tone, vibrate, or both. If you don't want anything at all, just disable them all.

-Mike

Less intrusive..? You can enable whatever Alert(s) you prefer to have a notification tone, vibrate, or both. If you don't want anything at all, just disable them all.

-Mike

Oh I do have one problem though with it. On my LG G6 it doesn't show in the notification bar the signal strength or anything for that matter I actually have to open the app to see anything that single check Pro can get from the phone.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Oh I do have one problem though with it. On my LG G6 it doesn't show in the notification bar the signal strength or anything for that matter I actually have to open the app to see anything that single check Pro can get from the phone.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Go to Preferences > Status Bar Icons and make sure it is enabled. Also go to Preferences > General Settings and make sure the Background Service is enabled.

If you have more general questions about how to use the app, I'm happy to answer by PM.. none of this is related to beta testing (the topic of this thread).

-Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike, appreciate your help, will download the latest version and test it out on my devices. Have both a Sprint and Verizon S8/S8+ to test with. I just got back from vacation so I missed your message.

Deval, have you had a chance to try out the DeX suppression option yet?

-Mike

Deval, have you had a chance to try out the DeX suppression option yet?

-Mike

Works great! Apologies for the delayed response.

I'll test out on my Note 8 and let you know. What's interesting is that on my Note, I can see the UL/DL channels, something I couldn't see on the S8.

• Like 1

Another beta update just launched, version 4.442b.. bug fixes and better compatibility with Android Oreo:

• Added "Maximum" notification icon priority.
  • Added notification icons for Airave 1X connections.
  • Resolved issue with CDMA BSL display failing on Android 8.0 due to a known Android bug.
  • Resolved issue with LTE band 12 displaying 1 MHz too high.
  • Resolved issue with status bar notification priority preference not working.

Let me know if anything seems broken!

Thanks,
-Mike

• Like 6

Mike,

I did find a minor an extremely minor bug in the last beta.

I had to do a hard reset on my S7. When I restored my apps from Google, all my settings, including the national db, were restored with 1 exception: I had turned off the reset button from the display, but it restored it with that option turned on.

Fine work, carry on sir!!

I had to do a hard reset on my S7. When I restored my apps from Google, all my settings, including the national db, were restored with 1 exception: I had turned off the reset button from the display, but it restored it with that option turned on.

Hmm.. that shouldn't happen. All of the preferences are saved in the same manner, so I must have some other piece of code resetting it after you install. I'll make a note to look into it next week.

-Mike

• Like 1

FYI, just pushed a public update, so there is a beta update as well that really just aligns the version numbers. There are no notable changes from 4.443b to 4.45b. Hope to have some new goodies ready for testing soon..

-Mike

• Like 1

Mike,

Fine work, carry on sir!!

Hmm.. that shouldn't happen. All of the preferences are saved in the same manner, so I must have some other piece of code resetting it after you install. I'll make a note to look into it next week.

-Mike

This happened to me too. The only reason I thought much about it is because I couldn't remember where the setting was to turn it off! (I did find eventually haha).

Sent from my LG G6

• Like 1

This happened to me too. The only reason I thought much about it is because I couldn't remember where the setting was to turn it off! (I did find eventually haha).

I've been digging around and can't see why that preference wouldn't carry over the same way all of the others do. The backup/restore is all handled by the OS and that particular preference is not fancy. Can someone try checking to see if it's only "wrong" the first time you run the app after installing? It shouldn't matter, but maybe I need to force something.

-Mike

I've been digging around and can't see why that preference wouldn't carry over the same way all of the others do. The backup/restore is all handled by the OS and that particular preference is not fancy. Can someone try checking to see if it's only "wrong" the first time you run the app after installing? It shouldn't matter, but maybe I need to force something.

-Mike

Yeah there is something weird with that setting. For what it's worth, when I upgraded after you made some kind of change to that preference (I think adding it as an option to the action bar?), it reset that setting to the default. There may be something in whatever code was changed there that could be triggering it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can you  answer a question... I have Signal Check Pro... If I have an 1x signal detected with a location ... then an LTE location also just below it with no location... is it the same tower/location as the 1X RTT signal?

Edited by dro1984

Can you answer a question... I have Signal Check Pro... If I have an 1x signal detected with a location ... then an LTE location also just below it with no location... is it the same tower/location as the 1X RTT signal?

Not always. LTE could be from a former Clear site, 1xRTT site could be witbout LTE, or LTE and 1xRTT patterns could be different/range.

Please use regular SCP thread for this type of question next time.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah there is something weird with that setting. For what it's worth, when I upgraded after you made some kind of change to that preference (I think adding it as an option to the action bar?), it reset that setting to the default. There may be something in whatever code was changed there that could be triggering it.

Aha.. then I think I have an idea of what probably happened..

The reset button option was originally a boolean setting (on/off checkbox).. when I added the ActionBar button, it changed to a multi-choice setting (screen/bar/both/neither). If you had the option set to off, it probably stayed off when the new option was added (although I'm not positive, nobody mentioned it), but never "re-saved" the preference as a multi-choice setting. On a fresh install, it doesn't see a multi-choice entry saved so it resets to the default. Or something along those lines.

-Mike

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Beta update 4.453b uploading now! Just some little stuff.. but little stuff is good. A few more changes than I initially expected, so I'm gonna let you guys play with it for a couple days before it goes to the masses, just in case I missed something.

-Mike

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you @UPdownLoAD and @bucdenny! I will add 0F0. Looks like it will be tricky staying on top of the MB GCI's.. they are burning through prefixes fairly quickly early on, at this rate they will be at 0FF in no time. It would be easier for me to assume everything between 0EC and 0FF will be a MB but I'm not ready to do that yet.

Also, thank you to those of you who have been providing me with diagnostic reports and feedback about the Wi-Fi channel issue. I'm still working on finishing up overhauling that, but it looks like the "new" method does reliably identify DFS channels on newer devices.

-Mike

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Flompholph said:

0FE and 0FF are shentel. I would not go past 0FA for MB.

Exactly the sort of quirk I was concerned about! That is why I will just keep making updates as I learn of new discoveries. I have no doubt that anyone savvy enough to get a Magic Box and run SignalCheck will immediately notice if the app is not correct, and word always seems to get back to me.

-Mike

• Like 3