Official Magic Box discussion thread

lilotimz

Ugh...this company i swear.  Now they want me to send it back because my address is not compatible.  whiskey tango foxtrot.  i hope it is just a defective box like RightNow had and the second one i get tomorrow will work okay.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, swintec said:

Ugh...this company i swear.  Now they want me to send it back because my address is not compatible.  whiskey tango foxtrot.  i hope it is just a defective box like RightNow had and the second one i get tomorrow will work okay.

If you are in Portland your address probably isn't compatible.

Just now, Mr.Nuke said:

If you are in Portland your address probably isn't compatible.

nope, south of there in york county but i guess it may be the same "market".  why do you mention this?  spectrum license problem?  does it have to do with why maine has no band 41 at all yet?

1 minute ago, swintec said:

nope, south of there in york county but i guess it may be the same "market".  why do you mention this?  spectrum license problem?  does it have to do with why maine has no band 41 at all yet?

Yes. EBS is leased out entirely to another entity. No B41High Low separation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Yes. EBS is leased out entirely to another entity. No B41High Low separation. 

Gah that sucks.  i believe it is the university system that has it and a WISP is currently offering service.  hopefully one day band 41 will show up.

Just now, Dkoellerwx said:

The MB at the Sprint store a couple blocks from where I am now is broadcasting on 40978. Based on what I have seen, should it not be on that channel?

What is the macro B41 channels? 

Got a call from MagicBox support regarding the Galaxy Tab E not connecting.  Went over everything I had done so far and they are looking into it, hope to hear more in the next few days.

5 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

Got a call from MagicBox support regarding the Galaxy Tab E not connecting.  Went over everything I had done so far and they are looking into it, hope to hear more in the next few days.

My Tab E connected right away and hasn't had an issue so far.  Hopefully you can get yours figured out. 

12 hours ago, travisc said:

My Tab E connected right away and hasn't had an issue so far.  Hopefully you can get yours figured out. 

Well that's interesting, can I PM you for some information to share with MB support?

Anyone have an issue where their phone will fail sending messages on a Magic Box?  I have an S7..  MB is connected to tower on B25.

I notice sometimes my S7 will show in signal check that it is also connected to the originating tower and then it doesn't have issues.

1 hour ago, jreuschl said:

Anyone have an issue where their phone will fail sending messages on a Magic Box?  I have an S7..  MB is connected to tower on B25.

I notice sometimes my S7 will show in signal check that it is also connected to the originating tower and then it doesn't have issues.

SMS doesn't run thru the MB, but the macro network.  If your phone can't see the macro network, texting won't work.

17 minutes ago, though said:

I have seen users posting their software @ 60.6.40.2

Mine is 60.6.35.0

Anyone know what has changed, better yet, a changelog?

Anyone with a newer software version?

Most MBs ship with eNB firmware .113 and relay firmware .35. 

After activation, an overnight update should take place updating the relay to .40.2 which is the most recent public one. 

• Like 2

My unit also got stuck at 20%. After talking to Magic Box advanced support, they advised that some markets do not have the proper tower upgrades to communicate/authenticate the Magic Box. I think we already knew this. Do we have a list of what markets are not currently supported with Magic Box somewhere?

20 minutes ago, though said:

My unit also got stuck at 20%. After talking to Magic Box advanced support, they advised that some markets do not have the proper tower upgrades to communicate/authenticate the Magic Box. I think we already knew this. Do we have a list of what markets are not currently supported with Magic Box somewhere?

Um... Did you read the IA / NE premier thread or this thread from a week back?

You're in Lincoln, NE. They don't have the B41L spectrum needed to do the relay action. Return it and get a S1000 or a Airave 3. 

3 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Um... Did you read the IA / NE premier thread or this thread from a week back?

You're in Lincoln, NE. They don't have the B41L spectrum needed to do the relay action. Return it and get a S1000 or a Airave 3. 

I've read some of it, just reiterating what Advanced support provided. How does an S1000 differ from Airave 3? The Airave 3 is supposedly OOS and will be for 1+ months.

Just now, though said:

I've read some of it, just reiterating what Advanced support provided. How does an S1000 differ from Airave 3? The Airave 3 is supposedly OOS and will be for 1+ months.

S1000 is a LTE+WIFI only broadband femto cell. Airave 3 is a S1000 LTE+WIFI femto plus a CDMAFAP module so that it does CDMA 1x1900 + LTE 2500. 

Airave 3s and S1000s are / will be offered to those where MB does not work be it lack of signal or spectrum issues. Airave 3 for if you need CDMA voice enhancement in addition to LTE and S1000 where macro CDMA voice works well but LTE doesn't. 

(check your PM)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

S1000 is a LTE+WIFI only broadband femto cell. Airave 3 is a S1000 LTE+WIFI femto plus a CDMAFAP module so that it does CDMA 1x1900 + LTE 2500. 

Airave 3s and S1000s are / will be offered to those where MB does not work be it lack of signal or spectrum issues. Airave 3 for if you need CDMA voice enhancement in addition to LTE and S1000 where macro CDMA voice works well but LTE doesn't. 

(check your PM)

Ok so if voice coverage is also an issue (besides) data, and you have backhaul, via fiber, broadband, etc, the Airave 3 is recommended?

1 minute ago, though said:

Ok so if voice coverage is also an issue (besides) data, and you have backhaul, via fiber, broadband, etc, the Airave 3 is recommended?

That is  correct as far as I  know.