Official Magic Box discussion thread

lilotimz

Also just got my tracking number. And it's being sent to the wrong address... I applied with my address rather than my parents address (the address on the account). When they called they had my parents address, and I had the representative change it. Of course, they're shipping it to my parents anyway... So obnoxious.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me. I told the representative to ship it to PR and he checked the address on the map and said it qualified. So it's being shipped to NYC instead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sweet.  I got a shipping confirmation.  Plan to use mine at work.  See how well it does.  We are having issues at work with our repeaters.  We have both 850 and a 1900 receiver.  The big boss decided to unplug the 1900 repeater for now.  So that kicked me onto VZW.  The 1900MHz signal was still pretty crappy coming off the repeaters inside the build for some reason.

• Like 1

Sorry. Watched the Bristol race.

The phone picture attachments are too large to upload. Have b41 inside now. Ping time doubled from 33 to 66 ms. 21 down and 6 up.

Upload to imgur.com and embed it here.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I plugged mine in and it's stuck at 20%.  Tried a reboot.  Gets to 20%, stays there forever and times outs.  It's next to wind, my phone gets roughly -100dBm on B25 there.  Do I have a base unit?  :( 

When I get home I'm going to unplug it for a minute and plug it back in.  See if that helps.  Also relocate it.  Maybe that window is putting off some bad juju. <_<

Magic Box - received = check.

Magic Box - not working = check.

Magic Box - currently outside trying to latch on to 1 bar of B26LTE from a tower 8 miles away - check.

Happy with Magic Box's current operational status -- uncheck.

Did you read the blog post I posted?

The MB only does B25 or 41 for LTE Relay. If you don't have coverage of those two bands then it will not work. 

• Like 3

No..I wasn't aware of a blog posting about it..but I haven't been able to look around much either.

They sure don't send you much paperwork with it to describe what you should look for when hooking it up, aside from the QSG..

I guess I will just hang onto it and hope it comes to life soon.  Definitely not sending it back. if I have to, I'll put it in at my business location so that customer who come in will be able to use it. It's in a scarcely covered b25, b26 area.

No b41 anywhere around me (or even in Alabama that I'm aware of)

No..I wasn't aware of a blog posting about it..but I haven't been able to look around much either.

They sure don't send you much paperwork with it to describe what you should look for when hooking it up, aside from the QSG..

I guess I will just hang onto it and hope it comes to life soon.  Definitely not sending it back. if I have to, I'll put it in at my business location so that customer who come in will be able to use it. It's in a scarcely covered b25, b26 area.

No b41 anywhere around me (or even in Alabama that I'm aware of)

I think b41 is present in Auburn.  I will be there next Saturday and will find out.

Yeah, I was gonna reply that but just forgot to...I think the Auburn - Opelika area falls into the Georgia - Atlanta market. 

They are sister cities ..only a few miles apart..and the Ga line is like...right there. 

The MSC I think is Atlanta...but I could be mistaken.

Just installed. Downloads or 20 to 50. However uploads less than 2.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Another bright spot it reaches outside where the LTE signal had been blocked between the home and a large hill.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I actually did get mine to work, the signal is weak and I'm not sure it'll be a long-term solution (where I had to place it)...

Determination is key..I kept moving it around and the last place I tried was a spot that I had my cell phone make the "lte jingle" from SCP a few times before...so I tried it there and just left it for a while..

Happened to grab my phone and noticed SCP said B25(2)...but the details said B41 MB...

What may negate the positives is the fact that this spot I found is outdoors (however it's under my carport, and I built a small platform that get it above the weather ..but it's still outdoors.)

• Like 1

Yeah, I was gonna reply that but just forgot to...I think the Auburn - Opelika area falls into the Georgia - Atlanta market. 

They are sister cities ..only a few miles apart..and the Ga line is like...right there. 

Yeah, and I'm told many would be happy to see the state of Georgia just go ahead and claim Auburn as part of their state anyway, but I digress.   B)

Yeah, and I'm told many would be happy to see the state of Georgia just go ahead and claim Auburn as part of their state anyway, but I digress.   B)

Good riddance to the redneck farmers on those god forsaken Plains.  Georgia can have 'em!

Phyllis-from-Mulga.jpg

AJ

• Like 1

I received a Magic Box today. I did not sign up on the first day. I waited a few weeks. I'm in north Boulder, CO in a lower elevation area and have horrible coverage, though there are a couple antennas not far from me.

After trying various windows, I only found two on my second floor that would connect at all. Magic Box reported them as quality level 1. Eventually, I chose the Use Anyway option. The Magic Box is now working and connected on Band 25. My DSL Reports speed test numbers are nothing to write home about, but better than without the Magic Box.

When they turn on VoLTE, or even Calling Plus for the iPhone, it will be a significant help.

I'm not sure how to embed images from imgur, but here's a link to my Relay and LTE status screens.

https://imgur.com/gallery/txaHy