Official Magic Box discussion thread

lilotimz

FYI to everyone that gets a MB. 

Make sure its back (aka opposite side of the touch screen) is facing the donor cell. The relay antenna is pretty directional and performs better when aimed at the donor eNB. 

• Like 4

Gotta love UPS. I was the very last stop of the day. He got here at 9pm sharp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

if you really loved us you would have had it set up and pics uploaded by 9:02...

• Like 8

I had to go pick up my fiancee from work lol. Then put the kid and dog to bed.

Pfff. Excuses, excuses!

• Like 6

I had to go pick up my fiancee from work lol. Then put the kid and dog to bed.

Pfff. Excuses, excuses!

Fiancees, kids, and dogs are excuses.

Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

AJ

• Like 3

Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

AJ

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji88] [emoji88]

AJ

Bandit trolled on a pic [emoji23] fab0857a5ae9bedd63aa8c8ff9f43314.jpga0771d980343511a5e77c43391f2f95d.jpg5d1de34348a0cef44dd69e8102bdff33.jpgdce0ed3932a64a75cc3e4abac9e3e2c6.jpgcbc8e685e58c441e8b8af9e3e87ff568.jpg0641e05f8605e5ad25fd6989345df394.jpg

• Like 8

Interesting. The exterior design is noticeably different from the 540 model. Vents moved to the bottom. Looks a bit thinner too. Still using the same pink foam for packaging lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The screen is like a kindle paper

There's no backlight? And not color? The screen on the 540 is very poor with regards to touch sensitivity. And it's pretty bright and always on.

There's no backlight? And not color? The screen on the 540 is very poor with regards to touch sensitivity. And it's pretty bright and always on.

No backlight and no color. It's still in the setup process. I came basically with almost no battery life so I had to plug it in which doesn't matter since I was going to do that anyway.

Bandit trolled on a pic [emoji23] a0771d980343511a5e77c43391f2f95d.jpg

The look on Bandit's face is amazing.  It's almost as if he shares your interest in wireless.  "What did we get???"  Love it!

Robert

• Like 3

It's taking a while to connect. It has GPS and relay but the last step to connect to LTE is taking a long time. 8 mins and counting.

Takes 10-20 minutes for each setup. It downloads and installs the firmware from the ASP server every single time it's reset. 

• Like 1

Takes 10-20 minutes for each setup. It downloads and installs the firmware from the ASP server every single time it's reset.

Okay. Yeah it's going to be a min. I tried two windows and while the TX power, dBm were amazing the speeds actually became slower than just connecting to the tower. I'm on window 3.

Okay. Yeah it's going to be a min. I tried two windows and while the TX power, dBm were amazing the speeds actually became slower than just connecting to the tower. I'm on window 3.

Yep. Don't expect speeds to be faster than connecting to the macro.

It has to receive the lte connection via the relay and then send the data connection to the airspan small cell which then broadcasts a brand new lte signal.

Theres a speed and ping hit due to the relay.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yep. Don't expect speeds to be faster than connecting to the macro.

It has to receive the lte connection via the relay and then send the data connection to the airspan small cell which then broadcasts a brand new lte signal.

Theres a speed and ping hit due to the relay.

I see. So I may not see a speed increase but the signal will be significantly better?

I see. So I may not see a speed increase but the signal will be significantly better?

300% better*...

Speed increase will be due to the new band 41 signal reaching into areas where the macro 25/26/41 signal degrades into weak and slower signals.