Official Magic Box discussion thread

lilotimz

while i got the call that i was approved awhile back, i did not get the call to confirm my shipping address. Did everyone get that confirmation call that also got the above email?

I did. It seems they were batch sent at 1:15pm eastern time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Still waiting for any contact. I've yet to have a phone call or email. I put in for one on the second day. I'm still wondering if I might be getting looked over because of being in a non-Sprint owned market (Shentel).

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Still waiting for any contact. I've yet to have a phone call or email. I put in for one on the second day. I'm still wondering if I might be getting looked over because of being in a non-Sprint owned market (Shentel).

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I am in the same exact boat with you.  Shentel and I ordered the second day.  I did get an e-mail acknowledging my request on June 12, but nothing since.

• Like 1

Just got confirmation that my order is shipping today. I was contacted in July about being approved and wasn't expecting to hear anything for awhile on the shipping.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Signed up for the Magic Box on July 18th, and got the phone call this week.

What did they tell you?  Did they say you definitely are getting one or what?   I signed up in June and only got a e-mail acknowledging my request.

What did they tell you?  Did they say you definitely are getting one or what?   I signed up in June and only got a e-mail acknowledging my request.

They said I would be getting one. They confirmed my shipping address and some other things about my account, and said I would receive an email when it ships.

They said I would be getting one. They confirmed my shipping address and some other things about my account, and said I would receive an email when it ships.

Great for you. Makes me wonder what they see in your request that made them decide to ship one to you.  My request was much earlier and while I did not get a rejection, I did not get any other explanation of the status.

Great for you. Makes me wonder what they see in your request that made them decide to ship one to you.  My request was much earlier and while I did not get a rejection, I did not get any other explanation of the status.

I believe AJ and Robert explained it best.  Sprint has some type of algorithm they use to help identify priority and needs.  Tim may be able to shed more light about the selection process.

Great for you. Makes me wonder what they see in your request that made them decide to ship one to you. My request was much earlier and while I did not get a rejection, I did not get any other explanation of the status.

If I recall correctly, you live within shentel coverage. This may be the reason why no one has contacted.

I live within shentel's footprint too and also requested a magic box the second I read about it on this forum. I haven't received any communication from Sprint aside from the acknowledgement email.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly, you live within shentel coverage. This may be the reason why no one has contacted.

I live within shentel's footprint too and also requested a magic box the second I read about it on this forum. I haven't received any communication from Sprint aside from the acknowledgement email.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yep, Shentel area.  Kinda make you wonder if that is the reason.