leozno1

HTC U11

Arysyn    1,068

I havent looked into the XZ Premium much so pardon my ignorance but what benefit is there to having that phone with that Sony TV? I'm assuming Sony included some features that are exclusive to their ecosystem?

The benefit would be for using in connection between the phone and tv. I've completely ruled out on getting the Z9D though, since finding out last night at a late moment, that the tvs 3d features do not include a 2d to 3d conversion upscaler, unlike the LG OLED tvs from past year.

So, if the HTC U11 does arrive to me, I most likely will keep it and use it until the LG V30 gets released.

travismheim    592

The benefit would be for using in connection between the phone and tv. I've completely ruled out on getting the Z9D though, since finding out last night at a late moment, that the tvs 3d features do not include a 2d to 3d conversion upscaler, unlike the LG OLED tvs from past year.

So, if the HTC U11 does arrive to me, I most likely will keep it and use it until the LG V30 gets released.

Maybe Sony is weird but I've never had problems using features like Miracast across different brands. What are you trying to do with keeping the same brand tv and phone? I haven't seen this phone in person but my HTC Bolt had several options built in to connect to other devices like TV's as did every other HTC I've had.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

mbaseball3    12

The case that comes with it looks cool but it's pure garbage, so I hope you're really not relying on that for any sort of protection. As far as camera issues, I haven't had any so if that's what you are experiencing just get it exchanged.

No I haven't been expecting anything from the case. Threw it on just to cover the back really. Spigen cases aren't available until the 15th so have been limiting use. How can you exchange? Very much interested in that just to fix the camera. Everyone saying it works amazing.... Yeah not seeing that.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Jesito473    804

No I haven't been expecting anything from the case. Threw it on just to cover the back really. Spigen cases aren't available until the 15th so have been limiting use. How can you exchange? Very much interested in that just to fix the camera. Everyone saying it works amazing.... Yeah not seeing that.

Anyone done data speed tests comparisons? Or signal strength comparisons? I'm thinking I'd like to try the device out but would be interested to see how it's holding up on the RF side.

themuffinman    2,592

Who did you purchase it from?

mbaseball3    12

Who did you purchase it from?

Telesales. Just had a talk with them. New replacement coming Tuesday????

• Like 1

Arysyn    1,068

Maybe Sony is weird but I've never had problems using features like Miracast across different brands. What are you trying to do with keeping the same brand tv and phone? I haven't seen this phone in person but my HTC Bolt had several options built in to connect to other devices like TV's as did every other HTC I've had.

I know there are third party connectivity services that allow for a smartphone to connect with a tv regardless of brand, but I was trying to avoid having that, rather going through a direct Sony app instead. I also was considering possibly getting a PS4 in the future which has connectivity with the Sony phone. Someone else here made mention of the perfect term for this being brand ecosystem, where I was wanting easy integration between devices.

Kevster1321    151

So I signed up to get the free dots and the only thing i got was an my email that said sprint u 11 redemption

leozno1    227

Anyone done data speed tests comparisons? Or signal strength comparisons? I'm thinking I'd like to try the device out but would be interested to see how it's holding up on the RF side.

I haven't done any scientific testing or have specific numbers to share but I've noticed a significant increase in range from my home WiFi. Same router and configuration but this phone stays connected much further than my HTC 10. And with HPUE, in my room I see B41 signals around -96 when I wouldn't get anything under -104 on the HTC 10.

• Like 2

travismheim    592

And with HPUE, in my room I see B41 signals around -96 when I wouldn't get anything under -104 on the HTC 10.

HPUE wouldn't effect the downlink signal level you are seeing as it only effects transmitted power from the phone.

leozno1    227

HPUE wouldn't effect the downlink signal level you are seeing as it only effects transmitted power from the phone.

Well I knew that, I just assumed that the increased transmit power would result in improved signal strength. I guess if that isn't the catalyst to the improved signal strength I'm seeing, then we can thank the new Qualcomm radio and glass body instead of aluminum.

• Like 2

themuffinman    2,592

Well I knew that, I just assumed that the increased transmit power would result in improved signal strength. I guess if that isn't the catalyst to the improved signal strength I'm seeing, then we can thank the new Qualcomm radio and glass body instead of aluminum.

Materials could easily make a difference. For example, the HTC A9 that I tested had a polycarbonate body and had much better RF performance than the retail unit that had an aluminum body.

• Like 2

davidtm    281

Just ordered my Sapphire Blue through Sprint. Gotta love the $10 customer loyalty discount on each monthly payment! I was told 2-day shipping - we'll see!

• Like 1

Dkoellerwx    7,910

Probably a mix of the materials and radio as you said. You'll see HPUE make a difference most with weak signals, where other devices may drop the B41 signal you will hang on. At least that is the hope.

• Like 2

Jesito473    804

Not saying that 4x4 Mimo is enabled but the U 11 is doing quite well. Day 3 with the device and so far RF wise it's pretty decent. 3f2877c9095c4b3b7942fda4cef2721d.jpg

• Like 5

though    509

Not saying that 4x4 Mimo is enabled but the U 11 is doing quite well. Day 3 with the device and so far RF wise it's pretty decent. 3f2877c9095c4b3b7942fda4cef2721d.jpg

what device did you have previously and what speeds did you typically get in the same spot during the same time on average?

• Like 1

Jesito473    804

what device did you have previously and what speeds did you typically get in the same spot during the same time on average?

The G6, never have gotten those speeds in that area before. I still have the G6 and the max I got was 100 mbs in the same spot, and a second test of 73 mbs. In other spots I have noticed faster speeds as well.

• Like 2

Cubbiefan82    459

LTE roaming? You are sure? What settings did you have to change? When I checked the LTE bands that were available, all that I was ever able to get the M9 and M10 to show was B25, 26 and 41. No LTE roaming options. Sprint also indicates no LTE roaming capabilities. 

sorry for the delay, got busy with work. I just went into mobile data, make sure roaming is on (slider is to the right), then domestic roaming is on. If you need screen shots, let me know

Cubbiefan82    459

Hey Cubbiefan, long time no see!

Are you considering getting the U11? I've already ordered it to get active on Verizon when it arrives. I'm glad the unlocked version of the U11 will work on Verizon, despite not having a CDMA radio in it, unlike the Sprint version. This way, it'll keep connected to VoLTE without going onto CDMA, which on Verizon never sounded good to me. Sprint's CDMA always has been my favorite vq, other than the very old Nextel, back before Nextel started shifting over, that is.

Thanks!! Life has been pretty crazy, but you know I always handle it well. Let me know how you like the U11, I am thinking about getting it as my upgrade has been long over due :-)

• Like 1

bakedc4    194

Is anyone else's missing the manufacturer date in ##786#? All my other HTCs had it filled in. I did have go to tier 2 to get it activated and a lot of the info was originally missing but I didn't pay attention to the manufacturer date at the time.

My line has always had a hard time activating but the other 11 work as they should. 222ed3883bc9473e7c48f23da89308ce.jpg

themuffinman    2,592

It's not showing up on mines either

bakedc4    194

Just discovered that the audio adapter works for my 5x. It doesn't show as a headset like it does on the U11 but works no problem.

Dkoellerwx    7,910

sorry for the delay, got busy with work. I just went into mobile data, make sure roaming is on (slider is to the right), then domestic roaming is on. If you need screen shots, let me know

I am aware of the roaming data settings, I was more curious as to if you made any changes to the available LTE bands, or band priorities. As I mentioned, the HTC devices could roam, just never got LTE roaming (pseudo-native or full roaming).

Cubbiefan82    459

I am aware of the roaming data settings, I was more curious as to if you made any changes to the available LTE bands, or band priorities. As I mentioned, the HTC devices could roam, just never got LTE roaming (pseudo-native or full roaming).

No changes to bands or band priorites, besides the roaming data settings. When I lived in kc, I use to test the us cell roaming down on us-69 about 20-25 minutes south of sprint campus. It would automatically change to it. I am sorry if it isn't doing it for you, I have never been on pseudo-native, so I am sorry I can't help with that

Dkoellerwx    7,910

No changes to bands or band priorites, besides the roaming data settings. When I lived in kc, I use to test the us cell roaming down on us-69 about 20-25 minutes south of sprint campus. It would automatically change to it. I am sorry if it isn't doing it for you, I have never been on pseudo-native, so I am sorry I can't help with that

When did you do this testing in KC? LTE roaming on USCC has not been available all that long.

We are talking about LTE roaming and not EVDO roaming right?

Sent from my LG G5