leozno1

HTC U11

briank86    168

So I still have usb a on my computer and in my car. I'm guessing the cable is type c on both ends and I'll need an a to c cable/adapter to connect? 

bakedc4    194

So I still have usb a on my computer and in my car. I'm guessing the cable is type c on both ends and I'll need an a to c cable/adapter to connect?

It comes with an A to C cable.

9f7d0036f669a159d682a254c88e893a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puch96    69

hmmm... Saphire Blue or Black????

briank86    168

I did black, but am contemplating waiting for a silver. Blue looks good too though. Truly a tough decision. 

themuffinman    2,592

I went with the blue, it looks amazing.

leozno1    227

Yeah I went with Sapphire Blue as well. I'm just hoping it's not super ostentatious because I actually prefer the subtle blue tint in the Amazing silver version.

Are you guys planning on rocking it naked, using the included clear case or getting an aftermarket case for it?

puch96    69

Yeah... The Sapphire Blue looks quite nice!!!... However the black has some sort of greenish tint when looked at a certain angle.....

I'm waiting for the end of this year to see what Google has in store (from what I heard 3 Pixel phones will be available).

On the other hand, $12.75/m for 24mo for the U11 is very tempting.  :rolleyes:

themuffinman    2,592

Yeah I went with Sapphire Blue as well. I'm just hoping it's not super ostentatious because I actually prefer the subtle blue tint in the Amazing silver version.

Are you guys planning on rocking it naked, using the included clear case or getting an aftermarket case for it?

Same blue as the u ultra, and I'll be rocking it with a clear case.

briank86    168

It feels like a sin to hide something so beautiful. Yeah I'm hoping the shade of green on the black is one I like. My main concern on the case is that the edge extends past the top of the screen. I know the gorilla glass is strong and all, but I'd prefer it not rubbing on surfaces when upside down. 

Dkoellerwx    7,910

Question about roaming capabilities... despite all devices supposedly having LTE roaming for the last couple years, my family's HTC 8-10 devices have never successfully connected to LTE roaming (pseudo-native or full roaming). Looking at Sprint's coverage map, it does not show any LTE roaming available for the U 11 either. Is this a problem with the maps or is LTE roaming once again not included in HTC's device? 

Arysyn    1,068

I'm not really an HTC fan, but I've got to admit the blue HTC 11 has me interested. I like this alot better than what HTC ended up doing with the HTC 10, that is for sure.

It looks like I'm either going to switch to Sprint or Verizon in the next few days, and I know better than to ever attempt to get a device directly from a carrier and especially from a carrier corporate retail store, so this might work out well, as most unlocked devices do for me.

• Like 1

Phillycat    36

I wonder when the phones will start to ship to customers? They are slated to arrive on the 9th. Hopefully I'm home and can receive it when it comes in.

Kevster1321    151

I called and they said that it is $249 with an upgrade. when I do buy it they said I would have to order over the phone because you cant get it online. also I'm on the ED450

So i called to order it and they said they can't give me the $249 contract price because I'm corporate personal line not a corporate business line. But i did get it for $12.75/month and a $100 service credit. With taxes and the credit I'm paying $251 for the phone. Score!!!

• Like 2

Arysyn    1,068

So i called to order it and they said they can't give me the $249 contract price because I'm corporate personal line not a corporate business line. But i did get it for $12.75/month and a $100 service credit. With taxes and the credit I'm paying $251 for the phone. Score!!!

Sounds like a great deal, only $2 more than the contract price.

I ordered the unlocked version, which I found a working $50 promo credit for, but still at a higher rate than what you paid. I'm planning on keeping the U11 until the LG V30 gets released. I got the U11 for working on Verizon since I'm leaving T-Mobile. The phone should be good while I wait on the V30.

Kevster1321    151

So is the 9th when we should be getting the phone?

Cubbiefan82    459

Question about roaming capabilities... despite all devices supposedly having LTE roaming for the last couple years, my family's HTC 8-10 devices have never successfully connected to LTE roaming (pseudo-native or full roaming). Looking at Sprint's coverage map, it does not show any LTE roaming available for the U 11 either. Is this a problem with the maps or is LTE roaming once again not included in HTC's device

I have the HTC M9 and I have never had a issue connecting to the lte roaming. I wonder why your family has had issues with it, I know I had to mess with the settings to make sure it would allow it to roam, and had a few messages warning me about roaming :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Dkoellerwx    7,910

I have the HTC M9 and I have never had a issue connecting to the lte roaming. I wonder why your family has had issues with it, I know I had to mess with the settings to make sure it would allow it to roam, and had a few messages warning me about roaming :rolleyes:

LTE roaming? You are sure? What settings did you have to change? When I checked the LTE bands that were available, all that I was ever able to get the M9 and M10 to show was B25, 26 and 41. No LTE roaming options. Sprint also indicates no LTE roaming capabilities. 

Arysyn    1,068

Hey Cubbiefan, long time no see!

Are you considering getting the U11? I've already ordered it to get active on Verizon when it arrives. I'm glad the unlocked version of the U11 will work on Verizon, despite not having a CDMA radio in it, unlike the Sprint version. This way, it'll keep connected to VoLTE without going onto CDMA, which on Verizon never sounded good to me. Sprint's CDMA always has been my favorite vq, other than the very old Nextel, back before Nextel started shifting over, that is.

briank86    168

Got a tracking number. It shipped from Kentucky this morning and is already out for delivery in the bay area. 

Phillycat    36

My order is apparently on its way now.

themuffinman    2,592

Got tracking as well, but no updated info as of now so it looks like it will be tomorrow for me.

briank86    168

Did anyone see the this pass through the fcc for rf performance? I'm curious how it stacks up with older htc's. 

themuffinman    2,592

Did anyone see the this pass through the fcc for rf performance? I'm curious how it stacks up with older htc's. 

I haven't even been paying attention but with the a9 and the m10 performing really well, I won't expect anything less from the u11.

briank86    168

Yes. Agreed. I'm also curious how hpue affects rf gains. 

Dkoellerwx    7,910

Yes. Agreed. I'm also curious how hpue affects rf gains. 

Remember it only affects the uplink side. Downlink will be similar to previous devices.