HTC U11

leozno1

Figured the HTC U11 needs to have it's own thread as opposed to having that conversation in the HTC U Ultra thread.

Pretty interesting article that has me excited about this phone. As the U11 seems to be leading Sprint's march towards Gigabit LTE.

http://www.pcmag.com/news/353698/htc-u11-is-sprints-first-gigabit-phone

• Like 2

Figured the HTC U11 needs to have it's own thread as opposed to having that conversation in the HTC U Ultra thread.

Pretty interesting article that has me excited about this phone. As the U11 seems to be leading Sprint's march towards Gigabit LTE.

http://www.pcmag.com/news/353698/htc-u11-is-sprints-first-gigabit-phone

I agree. I'm surprised this wasn't already done. I figure the staff will move the relating posts here.

While I'm not a fan of HTC and I really disliked the HTC 10 outcome, this new 11 does appear to be a better try, though I'm still a bit skeptical about it since Android Police mentioned backlighting light leakage issues they observed on the 11.

I agree. I'm surprised this wasn't already done. I figure the staff will move the relating posts here.

While I'm not a fan of HTC and I really disliked the HTC 10 outcome, this new 11 does appear to be a better try, though I'm still a bit skeptical about it since Android Police mentioned backlighting light leakage issues they observed on the 11.

I wouldn't put too much stock in pre-production demo units. But it's never a bad idea to wait a little bit. Gives manufacturers time to fix any issues in production. I've always been an early adopter and get phones at launch or pre-order devices every year, and I always get bummed out when I see a phone for sale on Sprint for a few hundred dollars off or half price. So I think I'm gonna wait this one out until Sprint puts out a discount on the U11, (may wind up waiting forever but I have my fingers crossed).

And I'd like to see reviews of the production units.

• Like 2

I feel the same. I want a good deal too. With my upgrade I can get it for $12.75/mo for 24 mo, but that would total $250 plus tax. Sure I get 2 echo dots, but I'm not interested in them. I guess I could sell em though. 

• Like 1

I feel the same. I want a good deal too. With my upgrade I can get it for $12.75/mo for 24 mo, but that would total $250 plus tax. Sure I get 2 echo dots, but I'm not interested in them. I guess I could sell em though. 

That's actually a really good deal. I would get it in a heartbeat for that. Heck i'd even offer to give you $400 to use your upgrade and give it to me lol

That's actually a really good deal. I would get it in a heartbeat for that. Heck i'd even offer to give you $400 to use your upgrade and give it to me lol

Yeah I just notice this deal as well. Apparently, if you are on one of the older plans with an active lease then you can get the u11 for 12.75 per month on installments.  So for me that's $306 total purchase price, thats one hell of a deal.

Yeah I just notice this deal as well. Apparently, if you are on one of the older plans with an active lease then you can get the u11 for 12.75 per month on installments.  So for me that's $306 total, thats one hell of a deal.

What plan is that muffinman? Is that the 2 year contract plans, the Framily plans or the plans they just had here before unlimited Freedom?

What plan is that muffinman? Is that the 2 year contract plans, the Framily plans or the plans they just had here before unlimited Freedom?

I'm on the everything data 1500

• Like 1

I'm on the everything data 1500

Holy smokes that's an oldie! Well my offer is on the table for you too buddy. $400 cash monies for that HTC U11 lol 

If you guys think I'm buggin just tell me to shut up  :D

Holy smokes that's an oldie! Well my offer is on the table for you too buddy. $400 cash monies for that HTC U11 lol 

If you guys think I'm buggin just tell me to shut up  :D

LMAO, I would do it but for that price I couldn't pass it up.  I went ahead and pre ordered.  Between selling the echo dots and selling my s6 edge i'll damn near be getting the u11 for free.

Yeah I just notice this deal as well. Apparently, if you are on one of the older plans with an active lease then you can get the u11 for 12.75 per month on installments.  So for me that's $306 total purchase price, thats one hell of a deal.

Much to my surprise, the U11 preorder is listed at a lower price when I signed in to my account. Listed at $22.75/mo vs the regular price of $29/mo. I almost pulled the trigger but my sister is gonna see if she can finesse Sprint into a Galaxy S8-like 2 for 1 deal on the U11 so that we can both get it lol :fingers:

• Like 1

Much to my surprise, the U11 preorder is listed at a lower price when I signed in to my account. Listed at $22.75/mo vs the regular price of $29/mo. I almost pulled the trigger but my sister is gonna see if she can finesse Sprint into a Galaxy S8-like 2 for 1 deal on the U11 so that we can both get it lol :fingers:

Yeah and for having an older plan you get a $10 monthly loyalty credit, that's where the 12.75 price comes into play.

• Like 1

Yeah and for having an older plan you get a $10 monthly loyalty credit, that's where the 12.75 price comes into play.

Exactly. But 24 X 12.75 = $306 (not $250 as I said earlier). I bought my m8 on launch day years ago for $199 w/ 2 yr contract. Seems like I'm paying more. 

Exactly. But 24 X 12.75 = $306 (not $250 as I said earlier). I bought my m8 on launch day years ago for $199 w/ 2 yr contract. Seems like I'm paying more. 

True but unfortunately upgrade pricing isn't available any more so this is as good as it will get.  So you just have to ask yourself if its cheaper to stay on the older plan and going this option or going to a newer plan and paying the higher monthly amount.

True but unfortunately upgrade pricing isn't available any more so this is as good as it will get.  So you just have to ask yourself if its cheaper to stay on the older plan and going this option or going to a newer plan and paying the higher monthly amount.

Yeah you could be like me and thinking that $22.75/month is a good deal ($546). I would love to be able to get it for $306. Granted, I never keep my phones for 2 years so after a year I'll end up selling it I really end up only paying about half of that.

Yeah you could be like me and thinking that $22.75/month is a good deal ($546). I would love to be able to get it for $306. Granted, I never keep my phones for 2 years so after a year I'll end up selling it I really end up only paying about half of that.

Well I have multiple lines so keeping this one for 2 years won't be a problem. On my main line I do upgrade every year so the galaxy forever lease option is the most feasible for me on that particular line, the u11 is going on my secondary line which currently has an s6 edge on it. 

I called and they said that it is $249 with an upgrade. when I do buy it they said I would have to order over the phone because you cant get it online. also I'm on the ED450

I was able to get a $60 service credit to reduce the overall phone cost from $306 to $246, plus shipping and tax. Ordered! Now I just gotta figure out how to sell the echo dots. 

I was able to get a $60 service credit to reduce the overall phone cost from $306 to $246, plus shipping and tax. Ordered! Now I just gotta figure out how to sell the echo dots. 

I was thinking about selling the Echo dots too but seeing as how the lack of headphone jack is gonna force me to start transitioning over to bluetooth streaming, I figured I'd at least try using an Echo dot to hook it up to my speakers and stream music from my phone to them. Hoping it works.  :fingers:

I was thinking about selling the Echo dots too but seeing as how the lack of headphone jack is gonna force me to start transitioning over to bluetooth streaming, I figured I'd at least try using an Echo dot to hook it up to my speakers and stream music from my phone to them. Hoping it works.  :fingers:

I love the abilities of the devices, but can't get past the privacy concerns of something listening to everything said. 

• Like 1

Looks like a compelling product. Unfortunately, I am still paying off my HTC 10  :(

Yeah I was on the same boat. I still owed about $270 on my HTC 10. I just paid it off to do the preorder and from looking on ebay, it shouldn't be too hard to try and sell it for about $250 and get most of that money back.

• Like 1