VZW Equipment spotting

RAvirani

• 1 month later...

I found Verizon M-MIMO equipment installed on utility poles over in New Albany, IN this morning. Both of these are waiting on electric meter to be installed. 64227f49a8eee53c3b931f9e39dd8721.jpgaa3b1484ec8b5e99b4965a67c2fb1f80.jpg93f627406556eb222bd2cb16b5d668fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 5:46 AM, red_dog007 said:

The only 5331 I am seeing is 37-40GHz. 

Also didn't think m-mimo as a thing yet in mmwave. 

Air5121 is the correction.

- Oh yes it very much is. All current mid high band 5GTF and NR 5G deployments use M-MIMO antennas. 

sCZBbDf.png

MVsfMBu.png

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

It's funny how much equipment differs from region to region. AT&T is the same way. 

Found a new Verizon site in Seattle that uses JMA antennas. This is the first non-Amphenol site I've seen Verizon build here in at least a year and a half. 

https://imgur.com/a/HyHl578

Pretty much all other Verizon sites utilize 2x6-port antennas or a single 8 port antenna manufactured by Amphenol. Info on those here:

https://s4gru.com/forums/topic/7691-vzw-equipment-spotting/?do=findComment&comment=546650

https://s4gru.com/forums/topic/7691-vzw-equipment-spotting/?do=findComment&comment=546778

I wonder if Verizon will be primarily switching over to JMA here or if this site is a one-off. The currently deployed Amphenol antennas have pretty exceptional lowband range; I'd be surprised if JMA has built antennas that can top them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Found a new Verizon site in Seattle that uses JMA antennas. This is the first non-Amphenol site I've seen Verizon build here in at least a year and a half. 

https://imgur.com/a/HyHl578

That top rack looks sleek af in black. If only we could get more of this. 

Posting this here as I assume it's Verizon..... In the pic the round cylinder out the top back have been installed on light poles in our area for a couple of years now. Recently the triangle of panels started showing up on the same poles that had the cylinder ones. Anyone know what the triangle ones are?

IMG_20191215_140827.jpg

4 hours ago, bmoses said:

Posting this here as I assume it's Verizon..... In the pic the round cylinder out the top back have been installed on light poles in our area for a couple of years now. Recently the triangle of panels started showing up on the same poles that had the cylinder ones. Anyone know what the triangle ones are?

IMG_20191215_140827.jpg

The top radios and the can antenna look just like what AT&T is deploying here for their small cells. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 2:13 PM, mdob07 said:

Found this today on a Verizon site while looking for something else. Is this a mid-band Massive MIMO unit? 

No.

That's just one of the standard ERICSON airs with passive antenna ports available. Same deal type of equipment tmobile uses.

Vzw and ATT use Ericsson airs in some region and not in others. It really depends.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lilotimz said:

No.

That's just one of the standard ERICSON airs with passive antenna ports available. Same deal type of equipment tmobile uses.

Vzw and ATT use Ericsson airs in some region and not in others. It really depends.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Its different than what they normally use here, but it didn't look new either so I wasn't sure. 

1 hour ago, mdob07 said:

Thanks, Its different than what they normally use here, but it didn't look new either so I wasn't sure. 

Yeah it really, really depends on the regional RF team.

Up in the west coast, ATT and VZW prefers all RRUS + Passive antenna builds. In other regions they'll toss in some Ericsson AIR or even other vendor antenna integrated w/ radio units.  

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

A couple pictures of some painted Ericsson StreetMacro 6701 28GHz (n257) panels installed by Verizon in Kirkland, WA. I can get some better pictures if anyone wants them. 

n261, actually. n257 is overseas.

• 10 months later...

I believe I found some Verizon C-Band gear this week. I'm surprised by how fast they are deploying these here unless they aren't as affected by electronic equipment shortages as others are. I thought they'd focus on markets were C Band is already live. Louisville isn't one of the early clearing markets, I'm pretty sure they can't turn it on here until late 2023 unless I missed something. This particular site was actually just a bit south of Louisville, next to a Pilot station off I-65. There's another site about a mile south of this one that also has C Band equipment already. Both looked to have been complete rip and replace of the existing equipment as well. Also I'm not quite sure what the smaller unit is under the Ericsson 6449, unless that's for CBRS. (Pictures are from my S22 Ultra, I'm very impressed with the camera.)

WN9CSdO.jpg

7Vv5lfl.jpg

Likely due to agreements VZW is making with satellite businesses to move them a long quicker.  I was just reading an article that SES entered into an agreement with VZW to install filters at 500 sites before the end of 2022.  VZW will pay them up to a cool $170M for their efforts.

As a byproduct of this work, I wonder if some of AT&Ts spectrum will also get cleared earlier.