ENTER TO WIN A NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 AND HELP SUPPORT S4GRU

S4GRU

CONTEST CLOSED!!!

gallery_1_2_272558.png

LIMITED TIME PROMOTION!!!  YOU COULD POSSIBLY WIN A NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 IF YOU DONATE TO SUPPORT S4GRU

The Goal

The goal is to have some fun and raise some money to support S4GRU.  If we can raise enough money to cover the device by 8 PM Pacific Time on Friday, June 2nd, then we will schedule the raffle.  The contest winner can select the color from what's available.  The winner can also select the carrier (not limited to Sprint).

The Plan

If we are able to raise at least as much as the device costs us plus incidental charges like taxes and shipping, we will add any additional proceeds to the S4GRU general fund.  If we can't raise enough, we will provide opportunity to refund.

And which model it ends up being depends on how much money we can raise.  If we raise just $800, it will be the S8 ($750 value).  For each additional $500 we collect beyond $800, we will give another $100 in upgrades toward upgrading to the S8+, or other features/accessories.  The winner can select any variant, but they will need to pay any cost difference, if any, from the prize value.

The Raffle

Each donation to the GS8 PROMO will receive a range of numbers, equating to one number for every dollar you donate.  The minimum donation to the cause is $10.  If you donate $10, you get a range of 10 numbers.  If you donate $100, you get a range of 100 numbers.  The more you donate, the greater your chances of winning.  There is no limit to the amount you can donate...in amount or frequency.  But it needs to be at least $10 per donation to the GS8 PROMO.

You will receive a Private Message (or email if you are not a S4GRU member) from S4GRU giving you your numbers after your donation.  Most likely within 8-12 hours, but could take a day or two.

We will stop accepting donations at 8PM Pacific on Friday, June 2nd.  Any donations received after that time will not be counted toward this promotion.  I will announce when we will hold the drawing...we will do it in a live chat setting.  Date and time to be announced.  We will select a number at random using my random number generator app in my Nexus 6P.  You do not need to be present in the live chat to win.

All money donated to the raffle will be credited to your S4GRU accumulation total and will count toward future upgrades.  If you are not currently a S4GRU Sponsor, you will be given Sponsor status for six months with the minimum $10 raffle donation.

To Enter

Go to the S4GRU PayPal Donation section by clicking on this hyperlink or by going to the S4GRU Main Forums Page and clicking the donate button in the upper right hand corner.  Enter an amount you want to donate for this promotion, minimum $10.  In the notes section, tell us your screen name and type GS8 PROMO.  If you forget to do that in the PayPal donation, then send me a Message.  You will get a message response giving you your raffle numbers by 11 PM Pacific on 6/2/2017.  If you don't get them, message me.

Rules

S4GRU Membership is not required to enter.  S4GRU Staff Members and their families are ineligible to win.  Dollars spent on the promotion will count toward future member upgrades.  There is no cash value of the prize.  S4GRU will pay the shipping costs to the winner.  Winner can select the GS8 variant for AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile or US Cellular.  It likely can be used on many more networks, but S4GRU cannot guarantee operability on any network.  A SIM card purchase for the winner's preferred network may be required and is not paid by S4GRU.  This contest is void where prohibited.  Pre-scheduled automatic recurring payments to S4GRU during the contest period will not be eligible for entry in the contest.  The contest may be subject to amendment, extension or cancellation as necessary.  S4GRU reserves the right to provide a gift card or PayPal payment of the value of the prize for convenience or difficulty in sourcing the prize occurs.

• Like 6

Cool! How about making the unlocked variant an option as well?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Winner can select any model they want, up to $750 value.  If they want something other than what we are offering, and there is a price difference, they just pay the difference.  I'll make that more clear.  Thanks!

Robert

• Like 4

Don't forget to enter.  You can enter multiple times!  To those of you who have entered so far, entries will go out this weekend.  Thanks for your support!

Robert

I ran out of weekend.  Entries will go out an evening early this week.  Thanks again!

Robert

Can the OP be updated with a tracker for how much has been donated?  I'm broke for a paycheck or two, but I'll be putting a bit in the pot when i can.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

How's it looking, Robert?

I will log the latest donations in a few days.  But we are around $350 currently.

Robert

• Like 1

I will log the latest donations in a few days.  But we are around $350 currently.

Robert

Robert, is there a way you could make a cross-link post to this thread from the General forum since it gets most of the traffic? 

Time to add  " - ends 6/2/2017" or  "- ends soon!" to the title.  Added it to Columbus threads for more exposure.

• Like 1

Robert, is there a way you could make a cross-link post to this thread from the General forum since it gets most of the traffic? 

I'm not sure what you're suggesting.  Are you saying I should create another thread exactly like this one just with a link to here?

Robert

I'm not sure what you're suggesting.  Are you saying I should create another thread exactly like this one just with a link to here?

Robert

I thought there was a way to make a sort of cross-forum thread link here (S4GRU) before such that if you clicked on a thread link in a given forum, it auto-directed you to the post in another forum (I may have used the wrong term with 'crossposting', so my apologies if so).  I know I've seen this ability in other forums, and thought I'd seen it used here as well, but its entirely possibly I'm just remembering wrong about having seen it done here.

I thought there was a way to make a sort of cross-forum thread link here (S4GRU) before such that if you clicked on a thread link in a given forum, it auto-directed you to the post in another forum (I may have used the wrong term with 'crossposting', so my apologies if so).  I know I've seen this ability in other forums, and thought I'd seen it used here as well, but its entirely possibly I'm just remembering wrong about having seen it done here.

Yeah, IP Board doesn't let us do that, to my knowledge.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Robert

Yeah, IP Board doesn't let us do that, to my knowledge. Thanks for the suggestion.

Robert

Robert, Please always keep IPBoard, or at least let us know if you are considering a change for whatever reason. IPBoard is my favorite of all the forum software. Although, I know how expensive this must be, considering the Cloud Hosting prices I've seen from the IPBoard site. They really charge alot based on the Users Online at any particular moment active.

We have raised approximately $400 so far.  We are struggling to get this one fully funded.  The last week has always tended to be the biggest.  So if you are waiting to donate and enter, or enter again, IT'S TIME TO ENTER!  :)

All entries are caught up and numbers sent out via Message.  If you have donated, but have not received your numbers, send me a Message please.

Robert

• Like 2

Come on guys, donate and let me win this phone...Tired of my crappy mic issues with my iPhone 7+.

Might be my first and last iPhone...Love iOS but this issues persists from regular iOS, beta iOS, sprint, AT&T/Cricket,

This is so annoying....

Basically when I talk to someone it's muffled or garbled!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

We have raised about $500 so far.  Hopefully we can get across the finish line this week.  Contest scheduled to close on Friday.  It would be nice to raise a few extra bucks too for the site.  

Thank you for all who have entered.  If you have not received your entry, please message me.  Thanks.

Robert

• Like 1

We are now over $600.  Getting much closer.  Please join the contest, or add another entry.  We really need to fund this thing and make a few bucks for the site.  Thanks to all of you who have entered or thinking about it!

Robert

• Like 3