QC 2/3 power bank that supports incoming QC/USB-C charging?

PythonFanPA

Has anyone found a power bank that meets all of the following criteria?

- Supports QC outgoing as well as input charging, whether just QC2 or QC3 as well

-  Supports both USB-C out *and* in ports for charging the power bank as well

The one I've found online is by Choetech, but it seems to be sold out:

https://www.amazon.com/Bank-CHOE-15600mAh-Lightning-Charging-Portable/dp/B00ZCGLBT6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Has anyone found a power bank that meets all of the following criteria?

- Supports QC outgoing as well as input charging, whether just QC2 or QC3 as well

-  Supports both USB-C out *and* in ports for charging the power bank as well

The one I've found online is by Choetech, but it seems to be sold out:

https://www.amazon.com/Bank-CHOE-15600mAh-Lightning-Charging-Portable/dp/B00ZCGLBT6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Ironically, I checked the Choetech pack I'd previously referenced today and Amazon actually has them back in stock, and at a discount for Prime members, only $26.99 with 2-day shipping.  I just ordered one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically, I checked the Choetech pack I'd previously referenced today and Amazon actually has them back in stock, and at a discount for Prime members, only $26.99 with 2-day shipping.  I just ordered one.

How has it worked out for you?

There is a newer QC 3.0 version of the Chotech that is higher capacity in the same form factor. Something interesting I have noticed is that it will charge at up to 2.6 amps from a non quick charge adapter, which is basically the same speed it will charge from a quick charge port (9v 1.5a). There is no USB C port on it though, just a lightening input for iPhone users.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

How has it worked out for you?

I somehow missed this, but the Choetech bank worked outstanding from a device charging perspective, but the fact you still have to rely on a micro usb cable for incoming charging still sucks.  

I'm still trying to keep an eye out for a new bank that has USB-C input Quickcharge charging and a standard USB Quickcharge out port though.  If anyone finds one with at least 10k mAh, please post it here.

I have this one. It's about $10 more currently than when I bought it. It holds an insane capacity and works great. Only downside is it's definitely too big for pocket.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019IFIJW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_upUNzb0Z95X1W

Edit: oops I realize someone already posted that one earlier.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's a good one too in most respects except for, again, the fact that it still relies on a micro USB in for charging the bank.

No it can use micro USB or USB-C. The pack automatically determines which direction to use the USB-C port. I only charge mine with USB-C.

• Like 2

No it can use micro USB or USB-C. The pack automatically determines which direction to use the USB-C port. I only charge mine with USB-C.

Does it support QC input charging via the Type C though?

This to me is the absolute key factor - it can take a very long time to charge a larger bank with normal charging speed vs. QC charging.  My Choetech supports incoming QC charging, but still forces you to use a micro cable to do it.  I want something I only ever have to use/bring one cable for if/when traveling.

This to me is the absolute key factor - it can take a very long time to charge a larger bank with normal charging speed vs. QC charging. My Choetech supports incoming QC charging, but still forces you to use a micro cable to do it. I want something I only ever have to use/bring one cable for if/when traveling.

It will charge at 5V 3A over USB-C. It's USB-PD, not QC necessarily, but is almost as fast. Check to see if your USB C charger lists 5V 3A as an output (15W). V * A will give you a number you can use to compare the QC output of your charger to get an idea of relative speed. dc402e52cece50f83daab86d423fe5cb.jpg

• Like 1

I have this one and didn't know that... Ha! Thanks for that info.

Sent from my LG G6

This to me is the absolute key factor - it can take a very long time to charge a larger bank with normal charging speed vs. QC charging.  My Choetech supports incoming QC charging, but still forces you to use a micro cable to do it.  I want something I only ever have to use/bring one cable for if/when traveling.

You are not going to find one that has QC1/2/3 on the USB C as QC is not supported on USB C only USB-PD. If an device does QC on USB C it is not USB-IF certified.

You are not going to find one that has QC1/2/3 on the USB C as QC is not supported on USB C only USB-PD. If an device does QC on USB C it is not USB-IF certified.

Not sure I'm following you here...QC works fine over a Type C connector.  Where are you getting that from?