Moto G5 Plus

nexuss4g

Compatible with Sprint according to Motos website.

Possible BYOD?

Moto G Plus - XT1687
CDMA (850, 850+,1900 MHz)
GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz)
4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 38, 41, 66)

• Like 1

Compatible with Sprint according to Motos website.

Possible BYOD?

Moto G Plus - XT1687

CDMA (850, 850+,1900 MHz)

GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz)

4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 38, 41, 66)

Is 25+25 CA on this phone?

Is 25+25 CA on this phone?

I don't believe there's B25 CA, you might be referring to B41 CA? 

Im not sure, perhaps on the FCC docs it will tell us if it supports CA.

I don't believe there's B25 CA, you might be referring to B41 CA?

Im not sure, perhaps on the FCC docs it will tell us if it supports CA.

Sprint has plans for B25 CA. Last year's phones supported it.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

IHDT56VE1

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=6G6eUdHO92H6pn2f83hfMw%3D%3D&fcc_id=IHDT56VE1

(Got super lucky with the license search; this was the first result for motorola in 2016. I put the imei visible in the external photos into swappa's checker and they say it's a g5 plus unlocked varient.)

I don't see anything about CA but it's late and I don't have time to look through the documents. Maybe tomorrow.

• Like 1

My G5+ got here early. I can access the radio menus from the dialer and from signalcheck (and they're persistent in the recent apps list!) but there's no mention of CA or a SCC anywhere so I'd assume this thing isn't capable of aggregation.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanna say this has been one of the best purchasing decisions I've ever made. Equal or better specs than my broken 5X for the most part at literally half the cost, and I'm confident it won't self-brick in the middle of an all night high school parking pass registration stakeout. (<_< @ my dead 5X)

The camera does suck. I can get decent shots out of it in pro mode but that requires adjusting a bunch of little sliders and it's a pain when you just want a photo. Pretty much the only drawback. (Unless you rely heavily on NFC. Don't buy this phone if you need NFC.)

Battery life is phenomenal. I can go 2 days. It charges as fast or faster than my 5X with quickcharge.

No noticeable speed difference from the 5X.

And I use the flashlight wave gesture all the time. Very convenient.

• Like 1

Another update: radio performance isn't quite at the level of my old 5X, but it isn't a massive difference. There are a few places where my 5X would cling to pretty weak LTE and still work; the G5+ drops to 3G in these areas.

Also a huge perk of getting the unlocked variant is the presence of an FM radio app.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Carrier aggregation or no on this device? Seems a great phone and my lease is up on my GS7E and I'm seeking to keep my bill low so am planning to buy an unlocked "budget" device in cash.  Hoping to still keep CA though of some form.  

B25 CA is live all over central and western Kentucky and it was a nice stop gap in areas with minimal b41. So I'd like to retain that feature as I do travel there quite a bit.

12 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

Carrier aggregation or no on this device? Seems a great phone and my lease is up on my GS7E and I'm seeking to keep my bill low so am planning to buy an unlocked "budget" device in cash.  Hoping to still keep CA though of some form.  

B25 CA is live all over central and western Kentucky and it was a nice stop gap in areas with minimal b41. So I'd like to retain that feature as I do travel there quite a bit.

Unfortunately as far as I can tell there is no CA.