Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

I'm willing to bet it's SCC1 and SCC2 capabilities are the problem with this phone. This is b41 only mode outside my Apt where my Note 5 is always on B41. I have yet to see this phone use b41 in the same area without me forcing it by turning off the other bands. HPUE is a HUGE let down and is definitely over hyped unless this phone needs a software update or something which I hope is the case.

How is the signal strength on your Note 5 at the same location.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How is the signal strength on your Note 5 at the same location.

About the same. That's how I know it needs a update to get it to preferred band 41.

One thing that has to be kept in mind is at best it was a 30% increase in signal. This is not much of an increase when you think about it. If the claim had been it would double the signal then there would be an issue here. The claim that it would come close to matching b25 should have never been made unless they are comparing it to dense metro tower spacing.

• Like 2

All of you are misinterpreting what HPUE is.

It does not increase RSRP levels as that is the signal it receives from the eNB.

Hpue increases the TX connection to the eNB so that it is able to keep an active connection both ways.

Whereas most devices would start dropping the signal around 115-120 at the cell of edge range where the UE cannot communicate with the eNB, Hpue allows the device to still communicate and stay connected even with RSRP levels reach ~ -130 dBm RSRP.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 9

It does not increase RSRP levels as that is the signal it receives from the eNB.

Hpue increases the TX connection to the eNB so that it is able to keep an active connection both ways.

Whereas most devices would start dropping the signal around 115-120 at the cell of edge range where the UE cannot communicate with the eNB, Hpue allows the device to still communicate and stay connected even with RSRP levels reach ~ -130 dBm RSRP.

Drops to b25 at -124 dBm just like any other phone. Even if this is true with the current set up they have it has little performance advantages compared to the usual b41 device and should not have been overhyped the way it was.

My s8 drops at -120 like note 5 same spot. I was just hoping holds band 41 least half mile more before drop to band 25 . So really not adding 30 percent more coverage what I'm seeing.i did not test any speeds at -120 range.

• Like 1

I have seen the RSRP reach -134 on B41 3rd carrier, and -132 on the 2nd carrier while the 1st carrier was at -126. I was wondering why the big difference between the first carrier and the other two.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have seen the RSRP reach -134 on B41 3rd carrier, and -132 on the 2nd carrier while the 1st carrier was at -126. I was wondering why the big difference between the first carrier and the other two.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Same problem. My GS7 does not have this problem.

Drops to b25 at -124 dBm just like any other phone. Even if this is true with the current set up they have it has little performance advantages compared to the usual b41 device and should not have been overhyped the way it was.

The overhyped is a problem with us investors. Lately the CFO has made it seem like they can cut back on CAPEX because of technologies like HPUE. If this isn't true and HPUE is simply a lie than that throws into question the reduction on CAPEX spending.

On another topic,

I'm curious about how you like the fingerprint scanner. I use that all the time on my Note 5 and the reviews make it seem horrible. I mainly use it for Samsung Pay and Samsung KNOX.

• Like 1

The overhyped is a problem with us investors. Lately the CFO has made it seem like they can cut back on CAPEX because of technologies like HPUE. If this isn't true and HPUE is simply a lie than that throws into question the reduction on CAPEX spending.

On another topic,

I'm curious about how you like the fingerprint scanner. I use that all the time on my Note 5 and the reviews make it seem horrible. I mainly use it for Samsung Pay and Samsung KNOX.

Fingerprint sensor is really accurate but a pain to get to. The Iris scanner and face unlock is the best methods. If you don't have a thick case then the fingerprint sensor is way easier to get used to though.

Same problem. My GS7 does not have this problem.

Yet there are many times I see this.f85e6f1410d11d3ee3ccad9e771b8be5.jpg

Yet there are many times I see this.f85e6f1410d11d3ee3ccad9e771b8be5.jpg

That's not bad. The S8+ SCC1 and SCC2 is 6-10 dbm worse than the 1st carrier. On the GS7 it's only 2-5 worse. BIG difference.

That's not bad. The S8+ SCC1 and SCC2 is 6-10 dbm worse than the 1st carrier. On the GS7 it's only 2-5 worse. BIG difference.

from the docs I read on hpue it only applies to the pcc so that's probably why the discrepancy in dBm.

About to test N5 vs S8+

from the docs I read on hpue it only applies to the pcc so that's probably why the discrepancy in dBm.

About to test N5 vs S8+

If that's true then this phone would work better not using CA which is a shame.

If that's true then this phone would work better not using CA which is a shame.

Regardless, if 3xca is available that single channel should still provide a decent amount of capacity available.

But further testing is needed.

Regardless, if 3xca is available that single channel should still provide a decent amount of capacity available.

But further testing is needed.

Yeah but the other 2 fail and it switches to band 25/26.

I'm am doing band 41 testing only today in my area see this this holds on band 41 and what kind speeds on the cells edge like - 120 range . Hope see usable speeds

I'm not doing any controlled scientific testing on signal and speeds but real world usage on the S8+ is fantastic. Been on B41-2 most of today and speeds have been 60-80+ down with 12-15 up all around downtown Madison.

The battery life of this phone is ridiculous. Spent 4 hours touring around the Capitol building and grounds with the family and only burned 15% battery! Also, if you haven't found this out yet....burst mode apparently doesn't have an upper limit. Used to stop at 30, not any more. Accidentally took 65 burst shots, 78 burst shots, etc.

https://imgur.com/k89u38q

• Like 2

Forgot to post this but this is my GS8+ vs my GS7 at my house. As you can see the S7 is fine but the GS8+ refuses to connect to b41.ee5027fe0448116a28123ce32ab856b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Odd. No B25 CA either

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My market is 15x15 capable so when they decide to do it we will likely skip b25 CA.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Oh yeah Duh Tim.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1