Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

Anybody else go with the headphones and 256 GB microSD card deal with the free GearVR?  I sure did. I was in the market for a new fast SD card and the ones I were looking at for 64 gig was like $50, so for 256 GB and a new set of pretty good headphones at $100?  Sure, why not.  

I wonder if the upgraders will be prioritized over the free GearVRers for shipments?? 

For those that don't already know, use the shop samsung app to register for the free vr/$99 bundle.  For some reason many, including myself had issues doing it on samsungs website but the app works perfectly.

• Like 2

Anybody else go with the headphones and 256 GB microSD card deal with the free GearVR?  I sure did. I was in the market for a new fast SD card and the ones I were looking at for 64 gig was like $50, so for 256 GB and a new set of pretty good headphones at $100?  Sure, why not.  

I wonder if the upgraders will be prioritized over the free GearVRers for shipments?? 

I did one of each, pretty sure there won't be any priority.

Looks like an update is out at 390+mb.  The change log is pretty generic but this probably includes the fix to where you can't remap the bixby button.

• Like 1

So UPS found the found after multiple calls.

Phone is really snappy compared to the S7 Edge which lagged when starting up and doing simple things by opening apps or settings. I'm going to try to be more open with the Bixby and give it a try, so far I like what's displayed with trending tweets, weather, my schedule, and news without getting messy. 

@mmark27 How long did it take you to get approved from your submission and what did you submit proof of purchase? I just did the lease agreement.

So UPS found the found after multiple calls.

Phone is really snappy compared to the S7 Edge which lagged when starting up and doing simple things by opening apps or settings. I'm going to try to be more open with the Bixby and give it a try, so far I like what's displayed with trending tweets, weather, my schedule, and news without getting messy. 

@mmark27 How long did it take you to get approved from your submission and what did you submit proof of purchase? I just did the lease agreement.

About 24 hours.  I used the Sprint confirmation email from purchase/lease agreement. 

• Like 1

About 24 hours.  I used the Sprint confirmation email from purchase/lease agreement. 

Cool! I went with the $100 offer too, I just want to headphones and VR kit. I don't really need another 256 GB microSD.

Same here as well

• Like 1

Looks like an update is out at 390+mb.  The change log is pretty generic but this probably includes the fix to where you can't remap the bixby button.

My face unlock is not working anymore after this.  sucky. Anyone else seeing that? 

My face unlock is not working anymore after this.  sucky. Anyone else seeing that? 

No issues here at all, mines still works just fine.  Just keep in mind that if you are outside in the day time its basically not going to work though.

No issues here at all, mines still works just fine.  Just keep in mind that if you are outside in the day time its basically not going to work though.

This is so frustrating! was working perfectly. It's not the lighting conditions. drat! 

Iris still works, so I'll use that.  My mom always said my face was forgettable......

• Like 1

This is so frustrating! was working perfectly. It's not the lighting conditions. drat! 

Iris still works, so I'll use that.  My mom always said my face was forgettable......

Didn't realize you said face unlock, I thought you meant the iris scanner.  I think part of the update was to improve the face detection but I haven't set that up, I've only been using the fingerprint and the iris scanner.

This phone seems to generally have a really good radio. I'm getting 23 Mbps over Band 25 on my college campus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks like you got yours pretty quickly.

So I'm going to guess that if I charge my phone with day 30%or more that it's basically screwing the battery up right? Is it true that you should wait till around 5%? Also I put on that liquid glass and it's amazing. Fyi

So I'm going to guess that if I charge my phone with day 30%or more that it's basically screwing the battery up right? Is it true that you should wait till around 5%? Also I put on that liquid glass and it's amazing. Fyi

What you are talking about is a thing of the past.  Just plug it in whenever you want some juice.

What you are talking about is a thing of the past. Just plug it in whenever you want some juice.

oh ok I didn't know that's why I asked. Sorry about asking such an old question I guess.

Thanks bro

• Like 1

oh ok I didn't know that's why I asked. Sorry about asking such an old question I guess.

Thanks bro

We are all here to help each other in anyway.