Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

Update: After putting a full days work traveling around my city and the surrounding area and using LTE calling, I'm impressed. No dropped calls, all outgoing calls connected instantly, crystal clear voice, had a few of my Verizon friends ask me if I got a new phone because I sounded much clearer on their end. Can't wait for full blown VoLTE.

Sounds promising. Hopefully the 955U1 GS8+ will get that update as well.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Sounds promising. Hopefully the 955U1 GS8+ will get that update as well.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

If not the 950U1 and G955U1 can be made to work... see my post above. Lots of steps but possible. My phone is a converted U1 that I use. Hopefully they do bring it to the U1 though...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Every function of the phone works fine if you convert a G950U1 to a G950U SPR (Sprint) version... The only thing that needs to be done is to uninstall the Sprint Voice Mail application following the directions I posted. 

Every function of the phone works fine if you convert a G950U1 to a G950U SPR (Sprint) version... The only thing that needs to be done is to uninstall the Sprint Voice Mail application following the directions I posted. 

So the 955U1 on Sprint will not get this update with Calling Plus? You have to flash the phone to the Sprint firmware?

So the 955U1 on Sprint will not get this update with Calling Plus? You have to flash the phone to the Sprint firmware?

Currently yes... I'm not sure if it will get the update. Hopefully it will

If not the 950U1 and G955U1 can be made to work... see my post above. Lots of steps but possible. My phone is a converted U1 that I use. Hopefully they do bring it to the U1 though...

Calling Plus isn't enticing enough for me to flash the Sprint 955U ROM. ????

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I had to restart my phone twice before it started working

so that calling plus icon came on when I got home. Don't have Wi-Fi on either and I'm on the phone while using lte finally. So does this only work at home?

so that calling plus icon came on when I got home. Don't have Wi-Fi on either and I'm on the phone while using lte finally. So does this only work at home?

No it works anywhere with LTE. You dont have to start a call on wifi.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No it works anywhere with LTE. You dont have to start a call on wifi.

well it didn't work any where else until I got home. Also the call with my mom was horrible. I can hear her great but she kept saying I was cutting out.

well it didn't work any where else until I got home. Also the call with my mom was horrible. I can hear her great but she kept saying I was cutting out.

Interesting. Idk in my city it's been working pretty great honestly. No dropped calls and it's very clear.

• Like 1

Anyone else having this issue? "Ok Google" voice commands do not work when the phone is plugged in & charging. The prompt appears but when I speak, it's as if the microphone isn't working. Off the charger, everything works fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had issues with call quality in West Texas. I could hear the other person but they couldn't hear me most of the time. When I was driving back to Houston calls got much better with minor issues with tower changes. They are crap again at my house, but LTE signal strength at my house is why I requested a magic box. I think what some of us are witnessing is why Sprint is slowly moving towards VoLTE.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

What I've noticed so far here in the Minneapolis area, when receiving an LTE call, there is an initial lag from my end where the person on the other end won't hear me for a few seconds. Once they do, everything sounds great and clear. Maybe not crystal clear like HD voice though.

What I've noticed so far here in the Minneapolis area, when receiving an LTE call, there is an initial lag from my end where the person on the other end won't hear me for a few seconds. Once they do, everything sounds great and clear. Maybe not crystal clear like HD voice though.

Fun fact. If you call with calling plus and the other person is also using calling plus then the HD voice symbol comes on.

• Like 5

Fun fact. If you call with calling plus and the other person is also using calling plus then the HD voice symbol comes on.

I probably need to wait for my wife's s7 to get the update for that..... not too many people I know use sprint around here, lol.

I probably need to wait for my wife's s7 to get the update for that..... not too many people I know use sprint around here, lol.

My gf switch to Sprint last year and using S7 edge. Hope she gets this update.

Because we no longer get HD calling

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My gf switch to Sprint last year and using S7 edge. Hope she gets this update.

Because we no longer get HD calling

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It's coming probably in the Sept update.