Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

Yeah I was wondering cause their website shows support..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I believe people have installed the Sprint firmware to enable specific Sprint features like WiFi calling and faster updates.
  • Like 1

Unlocked version of GS8 does work on Sprint..

Sprint byod list https://imgur.com/gallery/g6Vci

I believe people have installed the Sprint firmware to enable specific Sprint features like WiFi calling and faster updates.

Well I stand corrected then, interesting.

I have the Boost version which doesn't have wifi calling think the firmware would give me WiFi calling?

I'm using the Coral Blue GS8+ 955U1 right now on Sprint just fine. CA works, as well as WiFi calling (although I don't use it).

Sprint Chat had no issue activating my phone. I just had to stop by a corporate store to pick up a free compatible SIM card.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unlocked version of GS8 does work on Sprint..

Sprint byod list https://imgur.com/gallery/g6Vci

Yeah I was wondering cause their website shows support..

Was this the policy on release day or was it something sprint implemented over time? 

Edit, with respect to the unlocketds8 specifically

This has been the policy for some time...? 

Specifically on the unlocked s8 model on release day?

Specifically on the unlocked s8 model on release day?

I can't say specifically on this device, but I know that the policy has been to allow unlocked devices onto the network for some time. I don't see any reason the S8 would have been different.

I can't say specifically on this device, but I know that the policy has been to allow unlocked devices onto the network for some time. I don't see any reason the S8 would have been different.

There shouldn't be any problem getting a galaxy s8 on to Sprint...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I can't say specifically on this device, but I know that the policy has been to allow unlocked devices onto the network for some time. 

Yeah, sorry. I know about the policy its just that I didn't think the unlocked s8 was on that list when it came out.

Was this the policy on release day or was it something sprint implemented over time?

Edit, with respect to the unlocketds8 specifically

Yes, but they listed the Unlocked models as "Special Edition" models for the GS7 & GS8 families.

Yes, but they listed the Unlocked models as "Special Edition" models for the GS7 & GS8 families.

Special edition just means the Unlocked model. I don't know if a vzw model for example would work

But there is no difference between an unlocked model and ours correct? All you need to do is flash the firmware right?

AFAIK, that's correct hardware-wise.

But only the 955U1 IMEIs can be used across all carriers. Carrier models flashed to 955U1 won't work across all carriers. For instance, you can't use Verizon, T-Mobile, & AT&T GS8 flashed to 955u1 on Sprint b/c Sprint won't add the IMEI into their system.

Verizon flashed to 955U1 can be used on all carriers except Sprint.

Buying a true 955U1 model GS8 is the best overall option.

• Like 1

AFAIK, that's correct hardware-wise.

But only the 955U1 IMEIs can be used across all carriers. Carrier models flashed to 955U1 won't work across all carriers. For instance, you can't use Verizon, T-Mobile, & AT&T GS8 flashed to 955u1 on Sprint b/c Sprint won't add the IMEI into their system.

Verizon flashed to 955U1 can be used on all carriers except Sprint.

Buying a true 955U1 model GS8 is the best overall option.

I've actually noticed that the hpue hardware makes a big difference and band 41 reception. My LG G5 which I am using right now isn't as stable connection wise compared to my Galaxy S8 Plus.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I've actually noticed that the hpue hardware makes a big difference and band 41 reception. My LG G5 which I am using right now isn't as stable connection wise compared to my Galaxy S8 Plus.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

You must not have had the Note 5. Compared to that I am pretty disappointed in the GS8+ B41 reach. Heck my GS7 is always on b41 longer than my S8+ and it doesn't have HPUE.

You must not have had the Note 5. Compared to that I am pretty disappointed in the GS8+ B41 reach. Heck my GS7 is always on b41 longer than my S8+ and it doesn't have HPUE.

I have had the note 5 and I wasn't too impressed with it. I I wasn't impressed with it all together.

Note 5 was definitely better.

Note 5 was better then the S8 with B41?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yes, on all bands honestly. Used to sit at ~110-114dBm on B41 with my Note 5. Same spot on my S8+ right now I'm at ~120-124dBm on B41.