Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

I had issues with call quality in West Texas. I could hear the other person but they couldn't hear me most of the time. When I was driving back to Houston calls got much better with minor issues with tower changes. They are crap again at my house, but LTE signal strength at my house is why I requested a magic box. I think what some of us are witnessing is why Sprint is slowly moving towards VoLTE.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

so because my lte signal is crap is why other's can't hear me at my house. Right now I'm on band 26 at -111

so because my lte signal is crap is why other's can't hear me at my house. Right now I'm on band 26 at -111

I would imagine that as long as snr is decent I should work. B41 has increased with this radio. I can get it down stairs now and keep it when I couldn't before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If b26 is still overloaded in your area this would lead to call issues. At my house in Houston the only signal that makes it into most of it is B26 and it is still a weak signal and still overloaded. Sprint says that as little as 1 Mbps is needed to maintain a call but this doesn't mean it will be a great quality call. Outside my house I switch over to b41 3xCA and have no issues.

Is $16.66 per month a good price for the S8 and $20.83 for the S8+? Both are on sale at Best Buy for those prices for 24 months. It works out to $400 and $500 respectively. Is that about the best price they've been, or is that the going rate?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is $16.66 per month a good price for the S8 and $20.83 for the S8+? Both are on sale at Best Buy for those prices for 24 months. It works out to $400 and $500 respectively. Is that about the best price they've been, or is that the going rate?

That's what I did a couple weeks ago. I also get a $10/ month loyalty credit on top of that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's what I did a couple weeks ago. I also get a $10/ month loyalty credit on top of that.

Is that due to being on a legacy plan?

Yea, ED1500.

OK. I gave up that plan to go to the newer plan. It was a good bit cheaper and I like having the 10GB Hotspot.

• Like 1

Can I get one for being on framily?

Is that a subsidized plan? If not, I would assume it wouldn't qualify.

The HD icon only shows up if a calling plus phone calls another calling plus phone.

It's actually a bug that will be fixed in the next release. Sprint opened a ticket with Samsung on it

My S8+ just had a bunch of updates come through from the Galaxy App Store. Updates included: TouchWiz, phone dialer, edge screen, and the clock. There were other updates too, I just don't use those apps so I didn't update them.

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

Is anyone else having problems with MMS being delayed by few hours or the next day?

Haven't sent anything on my  s8+ but I am having mms issues with my u11 though.

Getting tired of this phone. Freezes up, lags, shuts off and just freaking annoyed with it. Should of stuck it out with my note 5 till note 8. Sorry but wanted to throw my opinion about the phone out there. Remember just my opinion. If you guys love it that's awesome I don't need to hear your side not worth it. My fault for not being patient.

So instead of wondering if you have a bad phone you want to rant about it. I have none of the issues you are having. If my phone ever starts to lag I reboot it. If you can return it or swap it I would look into those options.

• Like 1