Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

WOW so far its awesome! It switches bands while on a call with zero problem! (I was dreading it would get stuck on B26 but its going from any band to any band with zero issues) and somehow signal check pro is recognizing the phone call as well.

• Like 3

I get an enablement error so I can't even turn it on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Same here as well. 

Edit:

Nevermind, it's working for me now. 

• Like 1

It installed and worked without rebooting, but I rebooted a few minutes after just in case.

Question...

Is there supposed to be a new icon for Calling Plus besides WiFi Calling or does it replace it? I still have the WiFi Calling icon, even though when clicked it takes me to the Calling Plus setting.

TS

It installed and worked without rebooting, but I rebooted a few minutes after just in case.

Question...

Is there supposed to be a new icon for Calling Plus besides WiFi Calling or does it replace it? I still have the WiFi Calling icon, even though when clicked it takes me to the Calling Plus setting.

TS

I have this icon02e54616d71c3f98c2025ac97b1647b3.jpg

• Like 1

So the new Voice + Data beta only works on LTE and will drop if it gets outside LTE range....that's um, a little chancy for the old Sprint network in my neck of the woods. I assume the LTE hand-offs work okay between the different bands of LTE??

Does anyone know if the WiFi-calling has been improved?  Does it hand off between WiFi APs without dropping? Does it transition from WiFi to LTE without dropping?  I can't see much of that discussed with any certainty in the Sprint Community articles. Thanks for any knowledge you guys may have. 

So the new Voice + Data beta only works on LTE and will drop if it gets outside LTE range....that's um, a little chancy for the old Sprint network in my neck of the woods. I assume the LTE hand-offs work okay between the different bands of LTE??

Does anyone know if the WiFi-calling has been improved?  Does it hand off between WiFi APs without dropping? Does it transition from WiFi to LTE without dropping?  I can't see much of that discussed with any certainty in the Sprint Community articles. Thanks for any knowledge you guys may have.

LTE to 3G is a no-go..WiFi to LTE and LTE to WiFi work well..
  • Like 1

I miss being able to choose which networks WiFi calling gets to work on. My phone connects to WiFi automatically at work ad while it's decent for browsing, it's really inconsistent for WiFi calling. But if the trade off is that I get to make calls over LTE, then so be it.

I'm certain Sprint chose this as their next device because it's their most popular new handset and they can collect a lot of data on call blocks and drops to optimize VoLTE down the line.

Don't try using this on a congested LTE tower. Bad stuff happen. Not ready for prime time but it's good to have also the transition to LTE is good to have as well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I miss being able to choose which networks WiFi calling gets to work on. My phone connects to WiFi automatically at work ad while it's decent for browsing, it's really inconsistent for WiFi calling. But if the trade off is that I get to make calls over LTE, then so be it.

I'm certain Sprint chose this as their next device because it's their most popular new handset and they can collect a lot of data on call blocks and drops to optimize VoLTE down the line.

It's nice that you can choose to turn one or the other off. So if you don't want the WiFi calling, then toggle that one off. Smart play here by Sprint on the toggle choices. 

• Like 1

The call starts almost instantly. With HD voice it's much slower to start a call

The update is clearly only for Sprint. I use Boost and, had a update but, still can't talk and surf. :(

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My observations so far for LTE calling w/o WiFi, instant connection, clear voice, seemless LTE band switching. So far so good

My experience so far matches yours. [emoji3] It even holds LTE longer in fringe areas. I'm impressed so far.

• Like 3

Seems like everyone is liking the update, hope what I am seeing is true. Haven't really had time to look for any changes but I'll definitely keep a lookout for anything I might catch.

It needs to not allow a call on a congested tower... currently it does and voice doesn't get transmitted. It works awesome on non-congested towers though.