Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

Any disadvantages compared to Sprint firmware?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No WiFi calling is all I believe, but then again I don't know if they ever fixed it where if you had it enabled even when not in use it would disable HD Voice. I'm also curious though if HPUE works on unlocked firmware?

No WiFi calling is all I believe, but then again I don't know if they ever fixed it where if you had it enabled even when not in use it would disable HD Voice.

I am literally never in a situation no matter where I go where wifi calling is necessary. 1x800 voice is that good so I could care less about wifi calling.

I am literally never in a situation no matter where I go where wifi calling is necessary. 1x800 voice is that good so I could care less about wifi calling.

I thought the same thing today lol, started a new job and the basement it's literally 1x800 or roaming on Verizon, and the 1x800 cuts out quick too. Wanted to turn on WiFi calling but didn't want to lose HD Voice but I might have no choice but to considering my job is crucial on me having a functioning phone. Even the one lady said I hope you're on our WiFi because it doesn't matter what service you have it's pretty much a dead zone lol.

Calling Plus is coming to the S8/8+ on the next SW update.

Once it comes will thos phones be able to talk and surf? Or is it just to inable it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Calling plus is literally made primarily for data and voice simultaneously.

I know that. I was asking if thos phones can use it once updated or if it's for future deployment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was just saying to myself that we'd likely get it in the next update.

Also what is "Enhanced Messaging new features"? Is that stuff that you can only experience using the Android Messages app? I was hoping maybe RCS would be enabled in the default Samsung messaging app sometime soon.

• Like 2

I was just saying to myself that we'd likely get it in the next update.

Also what is "Enhanced Messaging new features"? Is that stuff that you can only experience using the Android Messages app? I was hoping maybe RCS would be enabled in the default Samsung messaging app sometime soon.

It is the enhanced messaging (RCS) that is embedded within Samsung's stock messaging app, but can only be used between Samsung devices that have this feature turned on.  For some reason the S8 on Sprint was disabled upon release but its nice to see a feature that I was so use to on the S7 return (literally all of my friends and family have either the S7 or S8),

• Like 1