Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

I think snapdragon 835 and x16 modem are not great but average in s8.Hpue not impressed.

A chipset and its baseband modem likely do not define handset RF performance.

AJ

Then why does B41 perform worse than on Note 5?

Because the S8 may have a weaker RF design than the Note 5 which causes it to perform worse.

Every device has a different RF design which may make it better, worse, or equivalent to predecessors or related.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Because the S8 may have a weaker RF design than the Note 5 which causes it to perform worse.

Every device has a different RF design which may make it better, worse, or equivalent to predecessors or related.

If you owned Samsung corp, why would the owner not fire the first engineer that put a new phone out that performed worse than the previous phones. Why should the RF be worse on a new phone?  I would be asking questions.  There may be a good reason, but I sure would need an explanation.

If you owned Samsung corp, why would the owner not fire the first engineer that put a new phone out that performed worse than the previous phones. Why should the RF be worse on a new phone? I would be asking questions. There may be a good reason, but I sure would need an explanation.

I remember one Verizon Galaxy note variant was a spectacular failure in the past. I think Robert had experience with it.

Let's also think this through.

The galaxy S8 is a universal model so it supports every carrier. What it doesn't support is B41 4x4 so we know Samsung is lacking on that front.

If that's the case, could it be possible that decided to not extremely optimize the B41 portion since it seems to be an egregious afterthought considering other 835 devices have 4x4 support for B41.

On top of that HPUE is a gimmick no difference, there needs to be some serious optimization done because in its current form it's broken.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To me in my opinion HPUE does not live up to the claims that Sprint has made.

• Like 1

I remember one Verizon Galaxy note variant was a spectacular failure in the past. I think Robert had experience with it.

Let's also think this through.

The galaxy S8 is a universal model so it supports every carrier. What it doesn't support is B41 4x4 so we know Samsung is lacking on that front.

If that's the case, could it be possible that decided to not extremely optimize the B41 portion since it seems to be an egregious afterthought considering other 835 devices have 4x4 support for B41.

Does the S8 at least support 4x2 mimo? I thought all Sprint LTE devices supported 4x2 mimo and, 64qam

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To me in my opinion HPUE does not live up to the claims that Sprint has made.

I agree I kinda wanna go back to my Note 5, and I might. My nephew wants an S8+ I might give him mine and stick it out a bit longer lol.

I agree I kinda wanna go back to my Note 5, and I might. My nephew wants an S8+ I might give him mine and stick it out a bit longer lol.

Does the Note 5 support CA at all?

The note 8 might have good band 41 since it is looking like it will have 4x4 MIMO on b41 but idk the Note 7 was also disappointing on b41.

• Like 1

The note 8 might have good band 41 since it is looking like it will have 4x4 MIMO on b41 but idk the Note 7 was also disappointing on b41.

Too big unfortunately, S8+ is pushing the threshold loo.

No it doesn't. Same setup as the S8.

No it doesn't. Same setup as the S8.

Band 41 MIMO doesn't seem like it's that important this year. Next year it should be though. I just wonder if Sprint will allow 4x4 B25 MIMO on the S8 or not. Sometimes the phone is capable but Sprint never enables the features. Seeing as the FCC tested it. I hope a software update comes around to enable.

I will stick with s8 until s9 or note 8 review is out. I agree I though s8 was going be better band 41 phone with so called 30 percent better coverage with hpue .note 5 still king of band 41 in my book.Is lg g6 any better than s8 rf.

I will stick with s8 until s9 or note 8 review is out. I agree I though s8 was going be better band 41 phone with so called 30 percent better coverage with hpue .note 5 still king of band 41 in my book.Is lg g6 any better than s8 rf.

Might as well wait til the S9. Apparently no b41 4x4 MIMO on Note 8.

They are not going launch any gigabit lte this year ,or if they do most of markets be low. I'm still waiting on 3xca in delaware. Been 2 years,since 2 x was launch.my next phone will be a great rf performer like note 5 was before I will buy it.

• Like 1

Band 41 MIMO doesn't seem like it's that important this year. Next year it should be though. I just wonder if Sprint will allow 4x4 B25 MIMO on the S8 or not. Sometimes the phone is capable but Sprint never enables the features. Seeing as the FCC tested it. I hope a software update comes around to enable.

will be coming in a future SW update.

I don't get the obsession with needing such fast speeds on your phone. is going from 30 mbps to 100 mbps really going to make a difference on your cell phone? ...and that you have to base your phone buying decisions on it. Email, apps, even streaming works at any level of LTE just fine.

What are you guys doing that requires such speed?

I dont think we care to much about speed on galaxy phone , more like holding on band 41 longer than older model like note 5 or s 7 . Lot us on this thread had lot galaxy phones with better rf setups. So you think Samsung would improve on phone signal as phones tech grows.

• Like 1

I don't get the obsession with needing such fast speeds on your phone. is going from 30 mbps to 100 mbps really going to make a difference on your cell phone? ...and that you have to base your phone buying decisions on it. Email, apps, even streaming works at any level of LTE just fine.

What are you guys doing that requires such speed?

Nope not true. Streaming on band 26 is definitely a bad experience with lots of 144p and buffering apps can't download anything either. Band 25 was just like that on 5x5. Basically 5x5 is a bad experience unless in a area with good band 41 or rural. There are plenty of sites still with a horrible experience because of this. No one is obsessed with needing 30-100mbps but rather obsessed with having consistently fast data so we can stream without buffer and actually download things at least reasonably fast. This is why I say unless b26 starts using CA like the other carriers this will never happen.

Nope not true. Streaming on band 26 is definitely a bad experience with lots of 144p and buffering apps can't download anything either. Band 25 was just like that on 5x5. Basically 5x5 is a bad experience unless in a area with good band 41 or rural. There are plenty of sites still with a horrible experience because of this. No one is obsessed with needing 30-100mbps but rather obsessed with having consistently fast data so we can stream without buffer and actually download things at least reasonably fast. This is why I say unless b26 starts using CA like the other carriers this will never happen.

I sent you a message while back did you see that? It involves band 26.