Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

Must be nice in Japan. How are they getting uploads that fast?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Upload CA possibly 64 qam

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Any body mess with Bixby voice. Worth wait or Google ass is better ?

I have found that bixby is best at controlling your galaxy device but for searching google assistant is best along with any google services.

The annoyance with Bixby is that it can't even send a SMS without using the Samsung Messages app being default. That's pretty lame considering that it should work with the base layer Android SMS service that then calls the default app. I know it's Samsung's assistant and Samsung's messaging app, so they can do what they want, but it seems shortsighted to hamstring an assistant like that when the ability for wider capability exists. 

Ask Bixby to "Read my messages".....please set Messages to default app before I can help you with that. 

Ask Google Assistant to "Read my messages".....she'll pull up the last 10 messages no matter the default app and read them back if instructed. 

• Like 1

Agree with the rest... Bixby is behind in the game. For the time being I'll probably be using Google Ass. and revisit Bixby after a few months or years to see if they caught up. It seems from reviews that Google Ass. has surpassed intelligence of Siri, so there is some evidence that it's possible that Bixby could come around yet with time.

I do like that I can be on the other side of the room and say 'Hi Bixby' and it'll start up without having to unlock the phone first. Maybe that's an option with Google Ass. but I haven't seen it yet. Bixby also sounds slightly more robotic than Google Ass, for what its worth.

Coral blue S8 & S8+ came out today! Gonna be picking mine up at Best Buy. It was on sale as well from $825 to $675. Got the Unlocked model.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Coral blue S8 & S8+ came out today! Gonna be picking mine up at Best Buy. It was on sale as well from $825 to $675. Got the Unlocked model.

Can you finance the unlocked model?

From Samsung's website you can Best Buy I don't think so.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You can if you buy with a Best Buy credit card. I use the Best Buy credit for 5% rewards.

After all of my gift certificates & gift card, I only paid $420. ????

• Like 1

What the heck with app being installed without my permission?  And I can't find it in my PlayStore list.

I'm speaking of the "Secure WiFi" app that keeps putting itself forward each time I unlock my phone.  Telling me to purchase it.  To subscribe and pay money again and again...

This is most annoying.  I don't want this app.  I want to get rid of it.  But there seems to be no way to do so.

And where does ?Sprint? or ?Samsumg? get off on forcing additional apps down my throat?  I bought into the S8+ knowing there was bloatware (and what sort), but my previous phones of Samsung/Sprint persuasion never just installed another app without my opting in beforehand.

Whew!  Enough rant.  I guess (although I don't want to) I can live with this, after all S8+ is still best phone I ever had^.

_______

^  Although AT THE TIME of issue my EVO LTE blew everything else out...  that phone convinced me to come to Sprint.

What the heck with app being installed without my permission? And I can't find it in my PlayStore list.

I'm speaking of the "Secure WiFi" app that keeps putting itself forward each time I unlock my phone. Telling me to purchase it. To subscribe and pay money again and again...

This is most annoying. I don't want this app. I want to get rid of it. But there seems to be no way to do so.

And where does ?Sprint? or ?Samsumg? get off on forcing additional apps down my throat? I bought into the S8+ knowing there was bloatware (and what sort), but my previous phones of Samsung/Sprint persuasion never just installed another app without my opting in beforehand.

Whew! Enough rant. I guess (although I don't want to) I can live with this, after all S8+ is still best phone I ever had^.

_______

^ Although AT THE TIME of issue my EVO LTE blew everything else out... that phone convinced me to come to Sprint.

I don't have that on my S8+.

That's the color I would have love to get a month ago when I had to get a new phone when my S7 kissed the concrete floor.

TS

Ouch. You didn't have any protection on the phone?

As for my GS7E, I gave it to my mom. She was still using the 2013 Galaxy Note 3.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Most likely because I'm coming from a GS7E on the U firmware, I'm not really blown away by the GS8+. Already thinking about selling it as soon as the GS9 comes out.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk