Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

I think I have 3 payments left on my Note 5 as well, woudnt want to give up my Note 5 either I still love the phone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's a great phone. Rep agreed that it's insane to give the phone back.

I'm going to make few more payments and see what deal I can get then.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm thinking about making a YouTube vid with proof that the S8/S8+ is much worse than the S7 and Note 5 at b41. The difference is actually quite noticeable. Despite the HPUE stay connected longer claim that Sprint keeps saying. Really good B25 performer though

I'm thinking about making a YouTube vid with proof that the S8/S8+ is much worse than the S7 and Note 5 at b41. The difference is actually quite noticeable. Despite the HPUE stay connected longer claim that Sprint keeps saying. Really good B25 performer though

I tend to agree, Note 5 would sit in my home at ~110-114dBm, S8+ is sitting at ~118-122dBm on average. HPUE doesn't seem to help much by the time you would see any effects form it you're switched to B26 or even B25.

• Like 1

They way my S8 behaves I would have thought that HPUE was for Band 26...

I'm sitting in jury duty right now wasting away, B41 sitting at 123dBm phone is pretty much useless, don't wanna use their Wi-Fi so today is gonna be a long boring one. So much for hpue...

Edit: Finally connected to B26 110dBm can finally use my phone yay!

I'm sitting in jury duty right now wasting away, B41 sitting at 123dBm phone is pretty much useless, don't wanna use their Wi-Fi so today is gonna be a long boring one. So much for hpue...

Edit: Finally connected to B26 110dBm can finally use my phone yay!

Surprising at 110 dBm on B26 my phone is limited to emails and internet browsing and maybe low quality music streaming. No video streaming or downloading anything.

Surprising at 110 dBm on B26 my phone is limited to emails and internet browsing and maybe low quality music streaming. No video streaming or downloading anything.

It's hardly usable honestly, just really pissed hpue is not working as intended. And B26 is so saturated it's useless.

It's hardly usable honestly, just really pissed hpue is not working as intended. And B26 is so saturated it's useless.

Lowland 10x10 would be awesome. Kind of hoping for a merger just for that reason.

Lowland 10x10 would be awesome. Kind of hoping for a merger just for that reason.

That would be nice, I'm getting to point now that if in a year things don't improve with small cells being deployed I may switch to another network.

• Like 1

That would be nice, I'm getting to point now that if in a year things don't improve with small cells being deployed I may switch to another network.

Sprint had deployed more small cells than they get credit for. To be fair while vzw had deployed the most cells. They are hard to deploy. Some cities people keep fighting against them slowing down deployment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately Sprint doesn't have that. They could help things by getting B25 CA going faster which Nokia and Samsung need to hurry up and get their equipment recertified. Sprint also needs to throw B26 into the CA mix.

Unfortunately Sprint doesn't have that. They could help things by getting B25 CA going faster which Nokia and Samsung need to hurry up and get their equipment recertified. Sprint also needs to throw B26 into the CA mix.

Been asking for band 25/26 CA for the longest. It makes no since anymore not to have it.

• Like 1

Been asking for band 25/26 CA for the longest. It makes no since anymore not to have it.

Yep it would really help in my area where all their FDD is only 5x5. 5x5 G block 5x5 A Block which can be 10x10 when CDMA is wiped out. Then 5x5 B26. Yes band 41 will always be their fastest but, 252526 CA is needed for when your can't get B41 signal. I'm not just wanting it for people to run endless speedtests. I mean it for reliability and overall performance.

• Like 1

Yep it would really help in my area where all their FDD is only 5x5. 5x5 G block 5x5 A Block which can be 10x10 when CDMA is wiped out. Then 5x5 B26. Yes band 41 will always be their fastest but, 252526 CA is needed for when your can't get B41 signal. I'm not just wanting it for people to run endless speeds. I mean it for reliability and overall performance.

I feel you it's needed. I actually ran some tests using every carrier but Verizon because they use 10x10 lowband. At&t b5 5x5, b2 15x15 and b29 10mhz. T-Mobile b2 10x10, b12 5x5 and b4 20x20. They stay connected to each other most of the time so whenever the low band is the primary it was always over 5 mbps and up to 15 mbps while Sprint was under 1 mbps on b26 most of the time and at best 3-4 mbps in more rural areas. Low band CA matters I hope. Sprint realizes this.

• Like 1

I feel you it's needed. I actually ran some tests using every carrier but Verizon because they use 10x10 lowband. At&t b5 5x5, b2 15x15 and b29 10x10. T-Mobile b2 10x10, b12 5x5 and b4 20x20. They stay connected to each other most of the time so whenever the low band is the primary it was always over 5 mbps and up to 15 mbps while Sprint was under 1 mbps on b26 most of the time and at best 3-4 mbps in more rural areas. Low band CA matters I hope. Sprint realizes this.

Yep accept att 29 is actually 10x0 cause it's a download only Band. So it requires CA.

It's funny I actually reported to 3 tech sites with picture evidence that the Sprint S8/S8+ received the update Saturday just like T-Mobile. Not one of them wrote about it. They all just said they would look into it. They love leaving Sprint out and it's a shame because we all know Sprint is definitely #1 when it comes to getting software updates fast.

• Like 2

It's funny I actually reported to 3 tech sites with picture evidence that the Sprint S8/S8+ received the update Saturday just like T-Mobile. Not one of them wrote about it. They all just said they would look into it. They love leaving Sprint out and it's a shame because we all know Sprint is definitely #1 when it comes to getting software updates fast.

People love to rag on sprint.

• Like 1

There was an update? I guess I'll check now.

Normally I get a notification right away.

Lucky I never have, hell sometimes I even went as far as to download the iso and manually install lol, that was like the S3 days but you get the idea.

Sprint speeds up downloads due to a bug in Snapdragon 835 software kicking phones off B41

http://www.pcmag.com/news/354870/sprint-speeds-up-galaxy-s8-htc-u11-phones

This was my theory from the get go! Crazy how it totally skewed Sprint's performance in the PC Mag testing. Good to see them go back to PC Mag and point the issue out.

Also as has been pointed out, this latest update changed the band priority to what it should be.

But even after the update some still say it lags in overall B41 performance.

• Like 2