LG G6 to be Sprint's first HPUE-capable device

RedSpark

One: call Sprint or just watch ur Bill to verify the credits come off.

Two: Calling in and inquiring about loyalty credits and asking about service issues and for ur time and energy, ask for a credit or activation fee waived.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

• Like 1

What happened?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Talked with them over the phone and they got my activation fee waived but they said that the Loyalty credits will kick in 2 to 3 billing Cycles and it will be retroactive.

41D 25A

Should allow for B25 CA.

I didn't know that option was there... need to get my MSL I guess.

Guess I should a) make a call to Sprint (I have 3 new G6's activated in the last month) and B) get at least my MSL too! 

Oh, and if any of you LG G6 owners haven't already, make sure to go to LG's site and register for your 2nd year of warranty on the device.  You'll need your place of purchase, date of purchase and MEID to complete the registration. Still can't believe I got these new ones for $120 each! what a deal.  Spigen cases, glas.tr protection and 2yr of warranty on a water resistant (proof is a strong term but for all practical purposes, it is) should make for a long life on these devices. :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrrogers1 said:

Guess I should a) make a call to Sprint (I have 3 new G6's activated in the last month) and B) get at least my MSL too! 

Oh, and if any of you LG G6 owners haven't already, make sure to go to LG's site and register for your 2nd year of warranty on the device.  You'll need your place of purchase, date of purchase and MEID to complete the registration. Still can't believe I got these new ones for $120 each! what a deal.  Spigen cases, glas.tr protection and 2yr of warranty on a water resistant (proof is a strong term but for all practical purposes, it is) should make for a long life on these devices. :)

Let me know how that goes, they haven't given me the MSL in the past ha. Wondering if it really does allow for B25 CA. 

• 1 month later...

Can any g6 owners attest to the supposed increase in LTE speed and better battery performance after this latest update (LS993ZV8)? 

Just how good is the g6 RF performance? 

And what is wholesale voice over wifi?

I'm loving all the v30 talk but for as cheap as the g6 is going for right now it's giving me pause.

• Like 1

Can any g6 owners attest to the supposed increase in LTE speed and better battery performance after this latest update (LS993ZV8)? 

Just how good is the g6 RF performance? 

And what is wholesale voice over wifi?

I'm loving all the v30 talk but for as cheap as the g6 is going for right now it's giving me pause.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/10/sprint-lg-g6-gets-callingplus-volte-wifi-calling-combo-latest-update/

G6 was running good for me after the most recent update.. Just not a big fan of it. Slow device for what I use it for and all my apps, etc... The calling plus feature is nice though, if you have good service.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Calling Plus?

Also, were you able to get your MSL? Curious if the 41D 25A setting actually works.

I never got my MSL but yes, Calling Plus. Wifi calling still works good but the addition to the "beta" LTE calling is what I was specifically referring to since wifi calling has been around on the device and others for a long time. 

Just now, travismheim said:

It looks like Google voice needs to be disabled to enable calling plus (in addition to wifi calling).

I didn't run into that, but that's because Sprint removed the option to use Google Voice when I updated to the Unlimited Freedom plan. They have been slowly pushing Google Voice out the door the last couple years unfortunately. 

I didn't run into that, but that's because Sprint removed the option to use Google Voice when I updated to the Unlimited Freedom plan. They have been slowly pushing Google Voice out the door the last couple years unfortunately. 

Why are they pushing that out of sprint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may just bite the bullet and turn it off. I've enjoyed it for a long time now, but it does seem like it's being killed off and every new calling feature hasn't been compatible hd calling, wifi calling and now calling plus.

1 minute ago, travismheim said:

I may just bite the bullet and turn it off. I've enjoyed it for a long time now, but it does seem like it's being killed off and every new calling feature hasn't been compatible hd calling, wifi calling and now calling plus.

It was rough at first, but you get used to it. I do miss GV from time to time.

So I decided to give it a try and disabled Google voice. A call was able to hand off from wifi to LTE and stayed connected well enough. Being able to use data while on the call was nice, speed tests and random app usage didn't seem to have any effect in call quality during my test call.

I forgot that hangouts won't do SMS anymore, so looked into trying Android messages. I thought I call rcs support for enhanced messaging being rolled out, but I don't see any options in the app to enable them. Does it work on the G6?

1 hour ago, travismheim said:

So I decided to give it a try and disabled Google voice. A call was able to hand off from wifi to LTE and stayed connected well enough. Being able to use data while on the call was nice, speed tests and random app usage didn't seem to have any effect in call quality during my test call.

I forgot that hangouts won't do SMS anymore, so looked into trying Android messages. I thought I call rcs support for enhanced messaging being rolled out, but I don't see any options in the app to enable them. Does it work on the G6?

It is built into Android Messages. There used to be an option to enable it, but that is no longer there. You may get a message that enhanced services have been enabled at some point. 

EDIT:  A quick Google search found this for the V20: "Out of the box, the RCS capability, or "Enhanced Features" need to be enabled in settings. In the very near future, this option will be on by default and wont be visible."

Wasn't clear if that only applied to the V20 or all LG devices though.

• Like 1

It is built into Android Messages. There used to be an option to enable it, but that is no longer there. You may get a message that enhanced services have been enabled at some point. 

EDIT:  A quick Google search found this for the V20: "Out of the box, the RCS capability, or "Enhanced Features" need to be enabled in settings. In the very near future, this option will be on by default and wont be visible."
Wasn't clear if that only applied to the V20 or all LG devices though.
Ahh, ok. Thanks. I remember seeing the setting briefly when I got my Bolt and that enhanced serviced enabled message but never looked into using it at all when I got the g6

So, it's been a while since I tried wifi calling and this is my first attempt on my G6. Last night it seemed to work fine, and all day today calling plus was enabled and working. After I've been home for a couple of hours I keep getting a notification saying wifi calling can't connect to the network tap here to try again. Any ideas how to get it working again? I tried turning it off and them back on and redoing the 911 address registration. My WiFi signal is strong and working fine, and it's Sprint's wifi connect router if that makes any difference.