LG G6 to be Sprint's first HPUE-capable device

RedSpark

How does that work?  Can I not pay the $5/month ($120 total) in a lump up front?  Or after the first month?

(Considering it since my power button doesn't work anymore.)

- Trip

How does that work?  Can I not pay the $5/month ($120 total) in a lump up front?  Or after the first month?

(Considering it since my power button doesn't work anymore.)

- Trip

Pretty sure once the plan is active you can pay it off at any time. The installment billing will be with Sprint. The Best Buy website asks for your Sprint #, billing zip code, and PIN before you can order. The power button is one of the reasons I jumped on it cause mine doesn't work very well either.

Pretty sure once the plan is active you can pay it off at any time. The installment billing will be with Sprint. The Best Buy website asks for your Sprint #, billing zip code, and PIN before you can order. The power button is one of the reasons I jumped on it cause mine doesn't work very well either.

The Best Buy site keeps telling me that my information doesn't match my Sprint records.  I reset my PIN just in case, but it's still telling me that something's wrong.  I'm guessing if I went into the store, they'd have the same issue?  I was hoping to reserve it and then go in to pick it up this evening.

- Trip

The Best Buy site keeps telling me that my information doesn't match my Sprint records.  I reset my PIN just in case, but it's still telling me that something's wrong.  I'm guessing if I went into the store, they'd have the same issue?  I was hoping to reserve it and then go in to pick it up this evening.

- Trip

That's odd. Mine went through just fine. Is line your line available for an upgrade?

That's odd. Mine went through just fine. Is line your line available for an upgrade?

I paid my phone off in full when I bought it, so the day after I got it, it said I was upgrade eligible.

- Trip

• Like 1

just have to get out of work for 30 minutes... heh ..  :secret:

Weather forecast for tonight: dark.  Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.

Work: done.

AJ

• Like 1

I decided against it.  It suddenly occurred to me that now that work has moved to having an RSA "Soft Token" on my phone, which I just had done this week, I'd have to have it done again, and I'd likely be without access to work e-mail over the weekend.  But, despite that, I went to the store and decided that I'd look and see it in person and then make a final decision.

Got there and not only was the G6 missing from the Sprint display, it was also missing from the AT&T display, and the Sprint display did not have the sale price on it.  So, I turned around and left.

- Trip

I decided against it. It suddenly occurred to me that now that work has moved to having an RSA "Soft Token" on my phone, which I just had done this week, I'd have to have it done again, and I'd likely be without access to work e-mail over the weekend. But, despite that, I went to the store and decided that I'd look and see it in person and then make a final decision.

Got there and not only was the G6 missing from the Sprint display, it was also missing from the AT&T display, and the Sprint display did not have the sale price on it. So, I turned around and left.

- Trip

Seems like they are trying to get rid of the G6. Guess it was a flop.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I got that impression early on. It wasn't at full price for long before they started heavily discounting it. Then once the S8 launched it just kept getting cheaper.

I've never had an LG phone, but my understanding is that a lot of their phones from the last couple years end up bootlooping. Even if they replace it for free, it'll cause people to pause before buying another LG, especially if they know it's a widespread issue that may or may not have been corrected with the G6.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It wasn't just the G6 that was missing though.  Lots of phones were missing from the displays for all the carriers.  It was kind of... odd.  Made me wary of the whole store.

- Trip

I've never had an LG phone, but my understanding is that a lot of their phones from the last couple years end up bootlooping. Even if they replace it for free, it'll cause people to pause before buying another LG, especially if they know it's a widespread issue that may or may not have been corrected with the G6.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Since the LG G3 came out, that is all I have owned. Haven't activated the G6 yet, but it is now sitting on my desk. Have used the G3, G4, G5 is my current phone. My Dad has had the G3, G4, and is currently using a G6. Other than a couple of broken screens, haven't had any issues like that. My power button is very picky on my G5, that's the only semi-major issue I have seen.

Being an owner & user of the Galaxy Note 5 I didn't plan on upgrading this soon simply because I'm on subsidy but this LG G6 at Sprint for $119.76 at $4.99 a month was a deal I just couldn't pass up plus it's a decent device capable of 3xCA.

So I pulled the trigger just now right before midnight on the 18th of August 2017.

Your thoughts!

• Like 1

Being an owner & user of the Galaxy Note 5 I didn't plan on upgrading this soon simply because I'm on subsidy but this LG G6 at Sprint for $119.76 at $4.99 a month was a deal I just couldn't pass up plus it's a decent device capable of 3xCA.

So I pulled the trigger just now right before midnight on the 18th of August 2017.

Your thoughts!

Not a bad device at all....

For me it's a great phone for that price but I've had some app force close issues and some lag.

No boot loops that I've heard so that's good. Battery life is decent but nothing to call home about for the price.

I just received an update to the phone yesterday and haven't found any change logs yet...

Let me know your thoughts on the device.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Trip, were you choosing the Black G6? I fought the site for awhile and couldn't get through the final Sprint verification either. Ended up going to store and when they told me it doesn't look like they were even given any black ones for the promo, I got out my laptop and tried the silver and sure enough, that was the problem.

I got 3 more G6's on our account and had 2 on already (I've had one as my secondary device since it came out). It's a very solid device, great radio performance, battery is good, is water resistant and 2 full years of mfg warranty. I just couldn't pass up the upgrade for the 3 teenagers on our plan.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Activated my G6 on my account Sunday night. Then put it through a decent stress test Monday. Was pretty impressed.

Unplugged about 6 in the morning, drove two hours to St. Clair Missouri, doing a couple of hot spot sessions to check weather conditions on the way. Several live video streams while in St. Clair. Several long (10+ minute) phone calls. Used TeamViewer to remote into my work computer for graphics during our show. Lots of pictures, a few videos. Very high usage for me.

When our coverage of the total eclipse ended at 1:30pm, I was sitting at 70%.

No B41 there to test, but I can say I am holding on to B41 better here in Springfield than with my G5. The signal is holding into low spots and shadows that I normally would drop B41. I am not sure how much of that is HPUE and how much is just the phone.

0b68431f0dbfb2e6a668626ce5f2d8be.jpg

Sent from my LG G6

• Like 6

Inquiry

As stated already I got the G6 through the Best Buy deal on the 18th

My question is how do I go by ensuring that the Loyalty credits are applied and second what's the best method of contacting Sprint to get the activation fee waived.

Btw my billing cycle comes at the end of the month and I want to make sure this is addressed before hand.

• Like 1

Inquiry

As stated already I got the G6 through the Best Buy deal on the 18th

My question is how do I go by ensuring that the Loyalty credits are applied and second what's the best method of contacting Sprint to get the activation fee waived.

Btw my billing cycle comes at the end of the month and I want to make sure this is addressed before hand.

One: call Sprint or just watch ur Bill to verify the credits come off.

Two: Calling in and inquiring about loyalty credits and asking about service issues and for ur time and energy, ask for a credit or activation fee waived.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 1