LG G6 to be Sprint's first HPUE-capable device

RedSpark

What phone is that on the right

An abused one.

AJ

• Like 1

a8c700530dc3b83e7fc3cc064c833fa7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk393c5b8136b3e281f3d45107a9ecd77e.jpg

All 3 on same table and g6 only phone keeping b41....

G6 on left

Huawei Nexus 6p on right

Bottom photo is IPhone 7+

My suggestion is disconnect them from Wifi, I did notice that the G6 has awesome SNR at such a weak signal. Can you run some speedtest

Also as a note, they are connected to different sites.

What phone is that on the right

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Post ^^^^ updated....

G6 on left

6p on right

2nd screen shot is iPhone 7+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post ^^^^ updated....

G6 on left

6p on right

2nd screen shot is iPhone 7+

Hmm I have my g6...battery life is outstanding

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

My suggestion is disconnect them from Wifi, I did notice that the G6 has awesome SNR at such a weak signal. Can you run some speedtest

Also as a note, they are connected to different sites.

All the same site unless I'm looking st this wrong....

B25/b26/b41 is the difference on the pictures!!!060ff03c5d9e08452d26db7b0ad70b36.jpg

All the same site unless I'm looking st this wrong....

B25/b26/b41 is the difference on the pictures!!!

Nice! Disregard the N6P SNR numbers, those always display 20dB. 

LG tends to display realtime SNR. 

Cant wait to see the results of your testing.

nope, glass screen protector cracked...Screen in perfect shape!!!!

An ugly one.

AJ

This might be a dumb question but I never used a lock screen on my old G4, am I forced to use one now?! It wouldn't be bad if the fingerprint sensor was on the front but with it being on the back I don't want to type my pin in every single time it's sitting on a table.

Ok figured it out.. ignore this.

Edited by nathanfish86
  • Like 1

Well, im getting more b41 at home but still get b25/b26 on the back side of the house.

We'll wait and see if any software upgrades, g6 is a little bwtter and I'm hoping hpue isnt working bc i would be a little disappointed!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well, im getting more b41 at home but still get b25/b26 on the back side of the house.

We'll wait and see if any software upgrades, g6 is a little bwtter and I'm hoping hpue isnt working bc i would be a little disappointed!

HPUE does not improve idle mode reception.

AJ

• Like 2

HPUE does not improve idle mode reception.

AJ

What do you mean by idle mode reception? Is this meaning the phone is stationary aka say sitting on a table? Or is this something else like the radio is idle and nothing is being transmitted?

I thought it would boost the phones transmission power output so (I assumed) this as its ability to stay connected to B41 longer so something regarding idle mode reception is new to me.

• Like 2

Just saw an email that I am receiving my G6 tomorrow, so I'm kinda excited about that.  My G2 really is ready for the old phone's home.  What I don't understand is why the customer service rep I spoke to when ordering my phone told me that the television would ship with the phone.  "Are you sure about that?", I asked.  "It should, but if it doesn't, go to (such and such) site...".   My scheduled delivery is reported to weigh 1.1 lbs.  I think that confirms the t.v. isn't coming along for the ride.  Why would CS, unsolicited,  give that information?

I thought it was funny.

Edited by dParis
  • Like 1

Just saw an email that I am receiving my G6 tomorrow, so I'm kinda excited about that.  My G2 really is ready for the old phone's home.  What I don't understand is why the customer service rep I spoke to when ordering my phone told me that the television would ship with the phone.  "Are you sure about that?", I asked.  "It should, but if it doesn't, go to (such and such) site...".   My scheduled delivery is reported to weigh 1.1 lbs.  I think that confirms the t.v. isn't coming along for the ride.  Why would CS, unsolicited,  give that information?

I thought it was funny.

Don't you have to register for the TV? The instructions I got when I ordered indicated you had to go to a website to register for the TV and the Google Home. I haven't been able to register for either yet. 

Don't you have to register for the TV? The instructions I got when I ordered indicated you had to go to a website to register for the TV and the Google Home. I haven't been able to register for either yet. 

That is what I believe I had read, and was told at a Sprint store.  That's why I questioned the phone CSR, and she told me if the tv doesn't show up, go to the website.  I believe she told me the process involves taking a picture of the packaging showing the phone's code numbers.  Since registering online sounds more inconvenient than just receiving the tv with the phone, I fully expected having to register online.  Now, for Google Home, the CSR told me that I would have to register online, no doubt, but at a different website than for the t.v. :rolleyes: 

That is what I believe I had read, and was told at a Sprint store.  That's why I questioned the phone CSR, and she told me if the tv doesn't show up, go to the website.  I believe she told me the process involves taking a picture of the packaging showing the phone's code numbers.  Since registering online sounds more inconvenient than just receiving the tv with the phone, I fully expected having to register online.  Now, for Google Home, the CSR told me that I would have to register online, no doubt, but at a different website than for the t.v. :rolleyes:

You can't register for the TV until April 7th. You can register for the Google Home as soon as you have your IMEI/MEID.

To redeem your Google Home & 49" FREE LG HDTV:

Visit both websites and enter the information requested including: your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, phone number, email address, carrier where the purchase was made, and upload a legible copy of your receipt of purchase, and picture of G6 box with IMEI number. Google Home: Online submissions for Google Home at www.lgg6launchpromo.com must be received by Friday, May 26, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Please allow 4-6 weeks for fulfillment of valid promotion requests. Offer period: 3/17-5/11. LG HDTV: Online submissions for TV at www.lgpromotions.com/sprint must be received by 4/20/17 by 11:59:59 PM ET. TVs will be delivered by June 30, 2017. 

You seriously are asking customer care about HPUE?!  Yeah, let me ask a McDonald's cashier if a certain menu item contains hydrogenated oils.

Come on, guys.  You should know better than that.  Just wait for the device to be delivered this afternoon, then do the damn testing yourself.

AJ

There are times your snarky remarks bug me...

But oh man this is SPOT ON... hahahahaahaha

You seriously are asking customer care about HPUE?! Yeah, let me ask a McDonald's cashier if a certain menu item contains hydrogenated oils.

Come on, guys. You should know better than that. Just wait for the device to be delivered this afternoon, then do the damn testing yourself.

AJ

They typically submit a request to their technical staff with questions like this. I would've assumed you'd know that.

• Like 2

They typically submit a request to their technical staff with questions like this. I would've assumed you'd know that.

Oh, you mean the conversation that goes like this:  "Um, let me go ask LaRhonda, she the manager on duty."

AJ

With HPUE being an uplink enhancement, would any of our tools or apps even be able to measure the difference it makes? I thought all those tools we use like SCP, lte discovery, network signal guru etc all show downlink measurements.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

With HPUE being an uplink enhancement, would any of our tools or apps even be able to measure the difference it makes? I thought all those tools we use like SCP, lte discovery, network signal guru etc all show downlink measurements.

LTE engineering screen.  Properly functional TxP readout.

AJ

• Like 2