HTC U Ultra

DanielB

Do we think there is any chance at all that the U Ultra will be coming to Sprint?

Nope. It's only being sold online, unlocked. It has been rumored that it is not their flagship device but instead HTC's response to Samsung's Note series and LG's V series.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I received my test drive kit today and so far loving it. The only bad thing about the phone that I've found is that I have to return it on the 30th.

The phone looks amazing and feels good in hand (the same as a + series iPhone). The primary display looks better than my HTC 10 and the secondary screen is pretty useful. You can scroll through your favorite contacts, apps, calendar appointments, weather and reminders. When you get a notification it pops up there momentarily and allows you to click it. With the primary screen off when you pick up the phone the secondary screen comes on and displays the time and some notification icons.

The fingerprint sensor is fast and accurate. The speakers are clean and louder than any phone I have. The included usb-c USonic headphones sound great and are really comfortable.

The battery life seems pretty good so far. On first power up the battery was at 79% and 5 hours later after setting it up, restoring 120 apps over cellular and playing around with it on full brightness I was only down to 45%.

Cellular performance seems good but I had to steal my iPhone's AT&T sim so I don't have a direct comparison.

I have not used the camera yet as I don't take many pictures but will probably venture out to a state park tomorrow or Sunday to take some.

If this phone was on Sprint I would buy it immediately. I'm debating on buying one to replace my iPhone but a lot of my customers have iPhones and most of the apps look different between Android and iOS that work with the equipment we install so its nice to be able to run through it showing them on my phone.

8736dab305ce166bead0499bc0ef90e2.jpg

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Do we think there is any chance at all that the U Ultra will be coming to Sprint?

Sprint has the HTC Bolt. Most likely the HTC 11.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Sprint has the HTC Bolt. Most likely the HTC 11.

If there is an htc 11, it won't be coming out any time soon.  I love htc but things aren't looking good at all.

In my reading lately, it seems that the Ultra was NOT the flagship phone for this year.  Instead, it will be what is more consistently referred to as Ocean.  A 5.5" display with the latest SN 835 chipset.  Any idea if it's coming to Sprint?  I've liked my M7 and current M9, but am a little wary of HTC given their rocky state that last couple of years. I'd like to remain a fan, but . . .

In my reading lately, it seems that the Ultra was NOT the flagship phone for this year.  Instead, it will be what is more consistently referred to as Ocean.  A 5.5" display with the latest SN 835 chipset.  Any idea if it's coming to Sprint?  I've liked my M7 and current M9, but am a little wary of HTC given their rocky state that last couple of years. I'd like to remain a fan, but . . .

I will always be an htc fan but I have since thrown in the towel.  The m7 and m8 were great devices, the m10 is what the m9 should have been and the ultra u is what the m10 should have been.  No way are they coming back from where they once were at least not in the smartphone market.  If they come out with a truly competitive phone this year I would still buy it just to show my support but its like they're not even trying. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Turns out the HTC U11 is launching on Sprint first.  Any interest?

$650 on their website.

Obviously with the side touch features it is not a phone that works well with a case.

• Like 1

Turns out the HTC U11 is launching on Sprint first.  Any interest?

$650 on their website.

Obviously with the side touch features it is not a phone that works well with a case.

I am considering buying this phone. 

HTC's website shows that the unlocked version will work with ATT and TMobile, but other articles include Verizon. I wonder what the reasoning was to not make an unlock version that will work with Sprint.

I also got an email from HTC with a code for $50 dollars off, I guess I can use that and trade in my HTC 10.

HTC's website shows that the unlocked version will work with ATT and TMobile, but other articles include Verizon. I wonder what the reasoning was to not make an unlock version that will work with Sprint.

I also got an email from HTC with a code for $50 dollars off, I guess I can use that and trade in my HTC 10.

Specs claim 4xca.

Turns out the HTC U11 is launching on Sprint first. Any interest?

$650 on their website.

$50 Promo

Promo Codes for HTC Website are going up online:

LOVEU11 or ONLY4U11 or JUST4U11

$649 minus $50 =

$599 for a Flagship Device is a great deal... if you like it in Blue. :-)

According to Android Police, the U11 has really bad backlight bleed on its LCD screen. I remember reading the complaints regarding the 10 with its pinkish display. My opinion is this will just be as bad, if not worse. HTC just isn't the same as it once was.

Then again, I wasn't really impressed by the LG V20's LCD screen either, with the issue I noticed on many units I tried having what I recently learned is Grey Uniformity. Hopefully the Sony Xperia XZ Premium doesn't have issues with its LCD.

And if you do the TeamHTC trade in thing, they'll give you $250 for the HTC 10. Much more than any other trade in site will give for it. Gazelle won't even make me an offer for the HTC 10.

I'm thinking about trading in my HTC 10 as well. Unfortunately HTC.com only lets me get it in Blue. No other color options, but maybe getting it through HTC.com will ensure we get the phone without any SprintID or any other preloaded apps.

Also my main question is does the HTC U11 come with HPUE support?

And if you do the TeamHTC trade in thing, they'll give you $250 for the HTC 10. Much more than any other trade in site will give for it. Gazelle won't even make me an offer for the HTC 10.

I'm thinking about trading in my HTC 10 as well. Unfortunately HTC.com only lets me get it in Blue. No other color options, but maybe getting it through HTC.com will ensure we get the phone without any SprintID or any other preloaded apps.

Also my main question is does the HTC U11 come with HPUE support?

and what about the Uh Oh protection credit?

$50 Promo

Promo Codes for HTC Website are going up online:

LOVEU11 or ONLY4U11 or JUST4U11

$649 minus $50 =

$599 for a Flagship Device is a great deal... if you like it in Blue. :-)

THANKU11 is also another promo code that will get you $50 off. 

Also HPUE on the HTC U11 is confirmed.  :tu:

This information leads me to think the unlock version will work with Sprint 4G, but I am not too sure about 3G:

HTC U11 Unlocked Band Support

4G LTE (up to 600Mbps download speed/with 2CA, 3CA Carrier Aggregation and 256 QAM, service dependent): FDD: Bands B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B17/B20/B25/B26/B28/B66 TDD: Bands B41 with 2CA, 3CA, 4CA Carrier Aggregation 
3G UMTS: 900/850/AWS/1900/2100 (B8/B5/B4/B2/B1 with 900/850/AWS/1900/2100 diversity), HSDPA 42, HSUPA 5.76 
2G/2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

• Like 1

This information leads me to think the unlock version will work with Sprint 4G, but I am not too sure about 3G:

You are "not too sure"?  Try just "not" -- as in no, negatory, not gonna work.

AJ

• Like 1

I was wondering about that myself thanks for the definitive no!

The only color I like really is the red. That is not available. Another sore point. As nice as the phone looks it doesn't blend well with there sense UI interface! But love the tech, network capabilities. I'll wait to think about them when I have 3x ca readily available too me consistently.

• Like 1

I was wondering about that myself thanks for the definitive no!

The only color I like really is the red. That is not available. Another sore point. As nice as the phone looks it doesn't blend well with there sense UI interface! But love the tech, network capabilities. I'll wait to think about them when I have 3x ca readily available too me consistently.

Got an email stating that Sprint is offering 150 off, guess I can do that and sell the Amazon Echo Dots to get the price close to what HTC.com is offering with the HTC 10 buy back, if that's possible.

I am not too fond of the blue, probably will go with black.