Galaxy Note 8 rumors, specs, thoughts, etc

jonathanm1978

1 hour ago, jonathanm1978 said:

I'd be happy with a better radio firmware. I still see the places where my note 5 was great on magic box reception and the note 8 doesn't pick up at all... Hopefully we get something soon.

1 hour ago, jonathanm1978 said:

I'd be happy with a better radio firmware. I still see the places where my note 5 was great on magic box reception and the note 8 doesn't pick up at all... Hopefully we get something soon.

How does one go about getting a magic box?!

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

How does one go about getting a magic box?!

I'm thinking they've closed off residential requests for now until they fill some of the orders. I know the link is around here somewhere, Google Sprint magic box, or try sprint.com/magicbox

Currently, last I heard, it was business only...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone found a screen protector thats worth a crap???   Personally I think the curved glass is garbage compared to having a screen protector that actually goes on and stays on, without the little "clicking" sounds made because it isn't "pressured" sealed on..

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 9:51 AM, jfenton1957 said:

I am using the Whitestone Dome. a bit of a PITA to put on but it is the best screen protector I have ever had. works perfectly with the curved screen.

I have had my note for two weeks and it's pretty good. 

• Like 1

Software update incoming. Finally had this pop-up. 

Screenshot_20171115-061451.jpg

Update: after installing the phone shows its on the October 1st security patch. And calling plus now displays instead of wifi calling. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Just got this! Woohoo! About time since it looked as if the GS8 was getting all the love.

Also noticed an updated design for the signal bars, they now have individual bars instead of a solid one. 

Wonder why the signal bars are changing. Is that for all Android devices not just Sprint?

What's in this update? 

2 hours ago, mnjeepmale said:

How's the performance after the update? Have you used the calling plus?

I had a chance to use Calling Plus on the drive home yesterday and it was very cool to be on the call and still use data. It's only been the one time so I can't make any real judgments on it. 

• Like 1