Galaxy Note 8 rumors, specs, thoughts, etc

jonathanm1978

It works on my Note8 ;)

Does calling plus work as well?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I don't know. I'm starting to think that the warehouse just created the shipping labels too early.  

hmmm You may be right about this. Just checked this morning and the same status "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." hasn't change.  Yet it also says estimated delivery 9/1/2017 by end of day. 

Things that make you say hmmm.

TS

hmmm You may be right about this. Just checked this morning and the same status "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." hasn't change. Yet it also says estimated delivery 9/1/2017 by end of day.

Things that make you say hmmm.

TS

I think that's just because the labels were created on 8/30 and they are being sent out 2 day air. Ups just put a delivery date 2 days after the setup.

• Like 1

Maybe others will be lucky, but my status has changed from scheduled delivery of today to Tuesday Sept 5. Which sucks since there won't be anyone home to sign for it. ugh.

TS

No worries, I will sit at your front door on Sept 5 and accept it.  And the best thing is that you will never see me or the phone again.

• Like 3

No worries, I will sit at your front door on Sept 5 and accept it.  And the best thing is that you will never see me or the phone again.

Sadly, I had that exact kind of thing happen to me when I was teenager. One my parents' independent living clients signed for a hard drive (person didn't even know what it was) and took it to their room. The only way I found out was a care worker saw it and told.

It seems like forcing someone someone to be there to sign is no real protection against theft.

Maybe others will be lucky, but my status has changed from scheduled delivery of today to Tuesday Sept 5. Which sucks since there won't be anyone home to sign for it. ugh.

TS

Mine finally changed as well. Now says in transit. Delivery date changed to September 5.

Is this phone band 41 gigabit ready.

TBH, I haven't even looked at the capability of the Snapdragon 845 or whatever it is that's in the Note 8...

I assume that it's HPUE capable, and has 2CA up and down? 

If I'm understanding the CA correctly, current devices are 2x CA on downlink, and 1x CA on uplink?

I thought I saw somewhere that the 845 does do 2CA uplink and downlink, but i could be wrong.

I'm sure someone who knows for sure will chime in...

I think the device is capable of 4x CA. The network is not running 4x though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3xCA b41, UL 2xCA B41, no 4x4 b41.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Got my tracking number this morning.

Direct from Samsung for the unlocked version. Freebies have the same tracking number so they will be together!

Says 2 business days so I am guessing Thursday accounting for the holiday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TBH, I haven't even looked at the capability of the Snapdragon 845 or whatever it is that's in the Note 8...

I assume that it's HPUE capable, and has 2CA up and down? 

If I'm understanding the CA correctly, current devices are 2x CA on downlink, and 1x CA on uplink?

I thought I saw somewhere that the 845 does do 2CA uplink and downlink, but i could be wrong.

I'm sure someone who knows for sure will chime in...

The US model has the snapdragon 835

So I set up my camera to watch the front door and my better half stayed home to sign the packages this morning. Noticed a few UPS guys come to the door to deliver packages, but none from Sprint. But just now, another one came and bam, its from Sprint. The Notes have arrived. Too bad I won't have time to play with them today since after work i have a concert to go to and will get back late, but tomorrow with be Note Exploring Day for me. :)

More and more reports are coming in from Galaxy Note 8 community members on Google Plus about receiving the device today the 5th of September and they're all CDMA customers.

Well BGR and Tech websites you were wrong, T-Mobile will not be the first to hand their customers the Galaxy Note 8 after all.

• Like 4

So I set up my camera to watch the front door and my better half stayed home to sign the packages this morning. Noticed a few UPS guys come to the door to deliver packages, but none from Sprint. But just now, another one came and bam, its from Sprint. The Notes have arrived. Too bad I won't have time to play with them today since after work i have a concert to go to and will get back late, but tomorrow with be Note Exploring Day for me. :)

Instead of setting at your front door waiting for your Notes, I stopped the UPS truck down the street and turned the inventory of the truck inside out.   Somehow I must have missed the package I was looking for.  I slowed down the entire load, but you got lucky that I could not find the package.

• Like 1